Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Our poor lonely thread.

I know, right?

Confession: I ordered a special type of chocolate as a gift for a friend on Amazon, since they're based in the US, but accidentally shipped it to myself. This officially means that I'm paying roughly 75 dollars for a couple of bars of chocolate because I shipped it across the world. :neutral: ... It had better be really, really delicious.

Wow! I hope it is excellent chocolate... let me know...

So do I! It's a high quality dairy-free chocolate, since my friend is very, very allergic to milk, so it was somewhat expensive on its own. But add in the cost of shipping it from the United States to Saudi Arabia... Ouch.

If it helps any, you made feel better about spending $37 on truffles to share at work week before last. I had the money and we needed some good vibes, plus there's nothing quite like a moonshine truffle on a Thursday afternoon. (you'd have to eat $400 in truffles to get one shot of moonshine, but still we flaunted the rules a little.)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Our poor lonely thread.

I know, right?

Confession: I ordered a special type of chocolate as a gift for a friend on Amazon, since they're based in the US, but accidentally shipped it to myself. This officially means that I'm paying roughly 75 dollars for a couple of bars of chocolate because I shipped it across the world. :neutral: ... It had better be really, really delicious.

Wow! I hope it is excellent chocolate... let me know...

So do I! It's a high quality dairy-free chocolate, since my friend is very, very allergic to milk, so it was somewhat expensive on its own. But add in the cost of shipping it from the United States to Saudi Arabia... Ouch.

If it helps any, you made feel better about spending $37 on truffles to share at work week before last. I had the money and we needed some good vibes, plus there's nothing quite like a moonshine truffle on a Thursday afternoon. (you'd have to eat $400 in truffles to get one shot of moonshine, but still we flaunted the rules a little.)

Ha, I'm glad I could help! ;)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm hearing noises in my apartment but I'm too lazy to get up and check them out :o I reaaaaally don't feel like moving!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Umm, what kind of noises? Are we talking mouse or burglars?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm hearing noises in my apartment but I'm too lazy to get up and check them out :o I reaaaaally don't feel like moving!

Sorry, it was just me breaking in... I took the chocolate out of the fridge. And raided the ice cream.

But seriously, I hope you didn't have a burglar! Is everything okay?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    The chocolate arrived! It's yuuuummy. Still not worth 75 bucks.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Well, at least it's yummy. And I'll bet that you never do it again.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I really, really, really want to quit my job today. The Grinch has us back on mandatory overtime and I have the autistic desire to be alone.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Confession: I told myself that today was going to be a 'rest' day from constructive exercise.

The truth is that it has been howling with wind and lashing with rain outside for the past 24hrs and I didn't want to spend 90 minutes getting soaked and blown over.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Well, at least it's yummy. And I'll bet that you never do it again.

Yeah, you'd better believe that shipping addresses are going to be checked and double checked after this...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    ach_75 wrote: »
    Confession: I told myself that today was going to be a 'rest' day from constructive exercise.

The truth is that it has been howling with wind and lashing with rain outside for the past 24hrs and I didn't want to spend 90 minutes getting soaked and blown over.

That's a great reason for a rest day!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ach_75 wrote: »

I got cold just reading that! I would take it easy today too!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

How much was the shipping? I probably missed it but just curious.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Batcavers already now, but to anyone who only lurks here:

I got (a version of) the job I was talking about interviewing for a month and a half ago! :lol:

(The alerts for this thread vanish among all the Batcave ones. It takes actual effort to come here now!)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers came in yesterday bragging about a new set of workout clothes she bought. "They make you sweat more so you lose weight faster." SMH
    p8x9r20ncu1f.gif
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    One of my co-workers came in yesterday bragging about a new set of workout clothes she bought. "They make you sweat more so you lose weight faster." SMH
    p8x9r20ncu1f.gif

Is it really a garbage bag?
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    p8x9r20ncu1f.gif

:D
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Love it. Can you imagine if that worked? Going to the gym would be HILARIOUS.

I used to know dancers who wore shorts made of what was pretty much trash bags, probably the same stuff @Just_Ceci 's coworker has, but that was because it kept the heat in better and helped their hip joints warm up faster, which seems...at least somewhat legit, compared to the sweating=calories burned theory.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    p8x9r20ncu1f.gif

:D

:D.

You should ask her if she eats cocoa powder & drowns peanut butter.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    p8x9r20ncu1f.gif

We always come full circle here don't we. Even though I think OP is gone.... :laugh: