something has gone wrong with my FACE!

Options

Replies

• FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Im quite late for my period still too so i definitely think my hormones are messed up ! ( too much info, but its relevant)

Maybe you're pregnant?

Nope not possible

but it could be a MFP Christmas miracle!

Haha well watch this space, i will report back here in a couple of weeks with an update of whehter my new freinds on my face have calmed down, and if i am pregnant......
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies, I'm going to go with, taking make up off before exercise, and using a milder cleanser :)

Be careful about washing your face TOO much, it can actually stimulate oil production (just like washing your hair too often and/or using a harsh shampoo makes your hair oilier). I would remove makeup with a gentle cleanser before exercising but only use water to wash any other time. The best cleanser I have found is CeraVe Hydrating cleanser (available most places like Walgreens, CVS, etc). Very gentle but effective.

^This. I cannot recommend this cleanser enough. My derm said to use it and it's great! I have very sensitive skin. :)

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Im quite late for my period still too so i definitely think my hormones are messed up ! ( too much info, but its relevant)

That can definitely be a sign of too little calories. You are tall, young, fairly lean an active. You probably need more calories. The average women I know is losing weight at 1700 calories with similar stats.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »

If you're washing your face too often, that can make your skin worse. I typically wash mine once each day now and just use toner water if I'm feeling a little greasy in between. I occasionally get breakouts, but my skin is a lot better now.

Oh! And make sure you get plenty of fluids. If I'm dehydrated, I tend to break out more.

~Lyssa

What is toner water?
  • wizzybeth
    Options

Sounds like your hormones are out of wack and you might need estrogen, but I haven't seen your blood work so what do I know??!?!?

OR maybe try the simplest route first: washing your face before and after a workout and see if that corrects the problem!
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    This is very odd. If you are having painful spots and scaring on your face, you need to get to the doctor asap.

I also think you need to speak with your doctor about a referral to a therapist because you believe this condition is due to "all that crap" being pushed out of your skin. Realistically, that would never happen.

I wish you the best of luck.

Seriously? A therapist? :expressionless:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Maybe you're pregnant?

Nope not possible

Haha well watch this space, i will report back here in a couple of weeks with an update of whehter my new freinds on my face have calmed down, and if i am pregnant......

I hope everything works out for you. :)
  • charisseb84
    charisseb84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When I cut my dairy and sugar way down my skin got so much smoother and nicer. I also started using a clarisonic a few months ago and love it. I wouldn't recommend a clarisonic on sensitive skin unless you get the super soft brush head otherwise you will probably irritate it and make it worse.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    If you are beginning exercise the sweat, dirt and oils can be causing more breakouts. Do you wash your face at least twice a day?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

If you're washing your face too often, that can make your skin worse. I typically wash mine once each day now and just use toner water if I'm feeling a little greasy in between. I occasionally get breakouts, but my skin is a lot better now.

Oh! And make sure you get plenty of fluids. If I'm dehydrated, I tend to break out more.

~Lyssa

What is toner water?

Simple has a great one or just rose water is great toner. Witch hazel and cucumber as well
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    If you are beginning exercise the sweat, dirt and oils can be causing more breakouts. Do you wash your face at least twice a day?

i wash it every evening and cleanse and tone it every morning and evening. im going to just wash it now before and after gym, and get a less harsh cleansing liquid and do that in the mornings :)
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options

Maybe you're pregnant?

Nope not possible

I hope everything works out for you. :)

Thanks me too, im sure it will be :)
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »

~Lyssa

What is toner water?

Simple has a great one or just rose water is great toner. Witch hazel and cucumber as well

OOO i need to get this!!!
  • wizzybeth
    Options

~Lyssa

What is toner water?

Thank you - never heard of toner water before.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

~Lyssa

What is toner water?

OOO i need to get this!!!

Watch out because many of them are drying which can make your face create more oil. Witch hazel is one that can be drying. Rose water does not.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I recommend not making too many changes at once. From personal experience, it's not difficult to simultaneously make one change that helps and one (or more) changes that make things worse, making you no better off than before.

I'd recommend trying removing your makeup and washing your face before and after your workout first. It won't cost you anything, and you won't be adding anything new to your face. You should see an improvement in a couple of days to a week if that is a contributing factor (probably it is).

If that doesn't completely clear things up, or your face starts to feel dry or irritated, that's when I'd look into changing cleansers. It can be hard to find one that suits your skin and you may need to experiment quite a bit - that's why I'd leave this to the 2nd step.

Finally, I'd look into a hormone imbalance (I'd do it sooner if you have a doctor's appointment scheduled already). Problem is, even if this does contribute, there's often not a whole lot that can be done about it beyond some fairly significant measures (accutane, changing BC, spironolactone, constant low dose antibiotics). So, if there's a simpler way to get things under control that's what I'd look for first.

FWIW - I have a similar situation. Once I got close to where I want to be, my hormones went a little nutbar, started with minor monthly breakouts and other symptoms. Plus, my sweat is very salty so I've got a double whammy now that I'm running longer distances. Salt is comedogenic and irritating. My skin is very sensitive, so the longer time with a sweaty face has made those minor breakouts much worse.
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Phisoderm has a very gentle cleanser, but I've only found it on Amazon.
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    I recommend not making too many changes at once. From personal experience, it's not difficult to simultaneously make one change that helps and one (or more) changes that make things worse, making you no better off than before.

I'd recommend trying removing your makeup and washing your face before and after your workout first. It won't cost you anything, and you won't be adding anything new to your face. You should see an improvement in a couple of days to a week if that is a contributing factor (probably it is).

If that doesn't completely clear things up, or your face starts to feel dry or irritated, that's when I'd look into changing cleansers. It can be hard to find one that suits your skin and you may need to experiment quite a bit - that's why I'd leave this to the 2nd step.

Finally, I'd look into a hormone imbalance (I'd do it sooner if you have a doctor's appointment scheduled already). Problem is, even if this does contribute, there's often not a whole lot that can be done about it beyond some fairly significant measures (accutane, changing BC, spironolactone, constant low dose antibiotics). So, if there's a simpler way to get things under control that's what I'd look for first.

FWIW - I have a similar situation. Once I got close to where I want to be, my hormones went a little nutbar, started with minor monthly breakouts and other symptoms. Plus, my sweat is very salty so I've got a double whammy now that I'm running longer distances. Salt is comedogenic and irritating. My skin is very sensitive, so the longer time with a sweaty face has made those minor breakouts much worse.

Thank you do much this really helps I'm going to fully follow your advice :)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I don't know... When I changed my woe my skin cleared up. If you continue to break out I would guess you are eating something that doesn't agree with you.

This is a good point, maybe i need to consider if i have eaten anything new :/

The first six months of 2012 during which I lost a significant amount of weight, my face was constantly breaking out. Through process of elimination, I discovered that I am allergic to Xylitol. So a food allergy is something to consider.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This is very odd. If you are having painful spots and scaring on your face, you need to get to the doctor asap.

I also think you need to speak with your doctor about a referral to a therapist because you believe this condition is due to "all that crap" being pushed out of your skin. Realistically, that would never happen.

I wish you the best of luck.

Seriously? A therapist? :expressionless:

Yep. Thinking "all that crap" is being pushed out of your skin is disordered.