Where are the 5"4 ladies at??

Options

Replies

• ttw1211
    ttw1211 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4. Started at 147 and I'm down to 133.5. I started low carb October 4th. Lost 13.5 pounds since then.
    Goal is 115 but I work out a lot so maybe 120 will be better.
  • mariaalavalle226
    Options
    Great thread. Im 5'4" and 162.5. Just re-starting the food logging after hitting an all-time high for my weight.

Will keep checking in for great motivation!
  • jessiecollinsxo
    jessiecollinsxo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm about 5"3 I weigh 16st and have only been doing this 11days. So far I have lost 2 pounds which I am so pleased with. My goal weight is to be nearer 9st. How hard do you think it will be to reach this?
  • arijacks80
    arijacks80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4.5 and started off with MFP at 178 and am down to 153.9 (83 days) but I've been the same weight now for the past like 3 days and getting upset. I drink plenty of liquid, calories are under 1000 everyday and I do incorporate fruit and veggies in my diet. Not sure if the 150 carbs per day they allow is too much? (I usually at most eat 120-bad days!)...not sure what will spurn some sort of weight loss everyday. I do walk about 3 days per week, 40 min, moderate pace..HELP! Trying to get down to at MINIMUM 120!
  • NotPhyllis
    NotPhyllis Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3 1/2" and 65 . In late August at the doctor's office, in light clothes I was 153.

I am now hovering around 134 in my underwear , at home.

My nominal goal is 125, but the real goal is getting into a particular size 6 Armani dress that I found on a tremendously good sale ($50 f you can believe it!) and not look like a 5 lb sausage in a 2 lb case.

I am not following a formal plan, just charting what I eat, weighing ingredients for precision and planning a strategy for noshing temptations, wedding receptions and holiday dinners all to keep me as close as possible to MFP's !@#$%(*!! 1200 cal per day goal.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    arijacks80 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 5'4.5 and started off with MFP at 178 and am down to 153.9 (83 days) but I've been the same weight now for the past like 3 days and getting upset. I drink plenty of liquid, calories are under 1000 everyday and I do incorporate fruit and veggies in my diet. Not sure if the 150 carbs per day they allow is too much? (I usually at most eat 120-bad days!)...not sure what will spurn some sort of weight loss everyday. I do walk about 3 days per week, 40 min, moderate pace..HELP! Trying to get down to at MINIMUM 120!

3 days is not a lot of time at all. I had stalled for more than 2 weeks and then over night I dropped 6 pounds. Keep doing the right things and you will see results. Sadly, it's not instantly reflected on the scale... I'm 2 months in and 16 pounds down, but it came in big losses and long stalls.

• arijacks80
    arijacks80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice...Wow, a 2 week stall? I'm so addicted to the scale (weight myself everyday in the morning) but I will admit that the inches must be coming off b/c I am now wearing a Size 12 comfortably and earlier this year that would have been I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E! So I know it's working it's just frustrating with the up and down and I know I'm doing everything right. Weight loss is super tough! :blush:
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    5'4 here. Currently at around 141 and would love to get to 125 eventually :)
  • leej29
    leej29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Let's keep each other motivated! I am back on MFP to lose what has crept up in the last year. My goal weight is 120, current being 140.
  • Jjenlo429
    Jjenlo429 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 147. I carry my weight in my butt and hips. My goal is 130. I'm a size 4/6 at that weight.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    5'4 as well, 24 years old. I am currently trying to break a platue and I'm sitting between 129-132lbs. I started at 195. I'll keep going until I feel comfortable! I've been using mfp for 300 days today and just cleaned out my friends list so if you post every day I'd love you to add me. :)
  • jan3t85
    jan3t85 Posts: 36 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'4.5 and weigh around 124. My goal is 120 and maybe even try to aim 115. People tell me I should stop losing weight and start building muscle but I still feel I have a few more lbs to lose
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    jan3t85 wrote: »
    Hi I'm 5'4.5 and weigh around 124. My goal is 120 and maybe even try to aim 115. People tell me I should stop losing weight and start building muscle but I still feel I have a few more lbs to lose

Don't go by what other people say! Go by what is good for YOU
  • NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    arijacks80 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice...Wow, a 2 week stall? I'm so addicted to the scale (weight myself everyday in the morning) but I will admit that the inches must be coming off b/c I am now wearing a Size 12 comfortably and earlier this year that would have been I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E! So I know it's working it's just frustrating with the up and down and I know I'm doing everything right. Weight loss is super tough! :blush:

@arijacks80 -- have you tried a trend weight app?
    I use Libra app. Log in my weight every morning (same time/routine). It's great to be aware of the daily fluctuations, but also to see the downwards trend & know you're working in the right direction. Most days are down/even, but there are days I'm up, and it doesn't bother me so much anymore.
    Good luck!!
  • beckygammon
    beckygammon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4! I started at 314 lbs and I am trying to get down to 124 lbs! Feel free to add me, I am active daily with an open diary. :smile:
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 but I weight in kgs.
  • mdoljansky
    mdoljansky Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    5'4- cw 203 -gw 150.. Slowly getting there!!
  • snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and starting over on MFP. I lost 22 pounds the first time and felt amazing then a family tragedy happened and I need to lose again. I was aiming for 135 but after reading everyone's posts I think I might need to lower it. I will aim for 130.
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and starting over on MFP. I lost 22 pounds the first time and felt amazing then a family tragedy happened and I need to lose again. I was aiming for 135 but after reading everyone's posts I think I might need to lower it. I will aim for 130.

It's completely a personal choice, you may find you're happy at 135 anyways!
  • hollarts
    hollarts Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also 5'4".....started at 154.7 8/17/15 and currently at 140.2. My goal is 125 which should be a comfortable size 4 for me. Historically, when I got close to 120, my size 4's are too big, so I will be happy in mid-120's. SLOW process. I do cardio 3 days a week for 45 min. Weights 2 days a week 30 mins each, 1- 45 min kickboxing/hand weights class and then additional walking 7 days a week to add more calories burned until I get to at least 500 a day.

I would love to be at goal before June 1st when I have my 30th class reunion.