Oh my god, that was awful! (low-cal products you tried and hated)

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    k2-_944a268a-1a91-4979-9ae0-31fac07fa08b.v1.jpg
    I cant remember if these are the exact kind, but these have almost completely turned me off hot dogs.
    When pig lips, an_s, hoof, and whatever got shoveled off the floor just isn't enough... :smiley:

I couldn't resist.
    Honestly, I can deal with a lot of "gross" dealings with foods as long as it tastes fine. I have very low expectations when it comes to how well my food was handled before coming home.

Something I just thought of:
    10d8e9b3b5c66ce1_arctic-zero.jpg

I'm used to the flavor now, but there's no way I'm spending any more of my money on this.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Fat free yogurt - any yogurt, for that matter
    reduced fat potato chips - which have more calories than regular potato chips
    I don't think these are low calorie, but Quest bars have got to be the worst protein bars I've tried
    Pineapple coconut diet drink - I don't remember the brand, but blech!
    Coconut water
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Also truvia. Still sitting in my cupboard. It was beyond vile and responsible for ruining a cup of coffee and some plain Yogurt :'(
  • melsetsy
    melsetsy Posts: 48 Member
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    EKoehler1 wrote: »
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Pretty much anything by Walden Farms, excluding the pancake syrup.

Ugh, just seeing the name 'Walden Farms' gives me crippling flashbacks of the time I tried their calorie-free alfredo sauce. I'd have been better off hitting up Sherwin Williams for some white interior paint instead.

I just hope you didn't try the "peanut" spread. *shudders*

Agreed!!!!!!!!! How is that stuff even on the market??!! I'm not sure who test-tastes that crap...but I don't think they're from this planet!!!!! I've tried the alfredo sauce, several of their dressings, the peanut butter spread, and the chocolate sauce and marshmallow spread. You'd think I would've learned after the first 2!!!!!!!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Anything walden farms gross
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Any fat free cheese. The consistency sucks.

Quark. I wanted to like it because it has fantastic macros for the calories, but it tasted awful.

Oh yeah.. Elli's quark. *gag*
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Pumpkin Quest bar

Just yuk
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Well my pick would be any of the Skinny Cow sundaes......they tasted OK but.....

Oh My the lingering after effects on my gut was enough to put me off....and Yes I did try them more than once (I'm slow) just to be sure they were the culprit....

If I'm going to lash out it had better be just ice cream and nothing added. :/

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited December 2015
    Fat free or low fat ranch is not so much awful to me, but disappointing. It's just not the same or something I am willing to settle for. For me, not necessarily low cal, but often used to diet...I can not stand protein bars! The taste of splenda. Blergh! I hate pretty much every protein powder I have ever tried... Also, PB2. Everyone says how good it is. I can't stand regular peanut butter, so I am not sure what I expected, but still. lol. Pretty much every frozen veggie burger, ever. I get great ones at restaurants, but I can't find any I like in stores. OH! Also, ZERO ice cream. I think it was called ARCTIC ZERO. Awful.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Trader Joe's Vanilla Flavored Soy Protein Powder. It's DISGUSTING! The taste is nothing like vanilla at all, and it has the strangest texture. I'm determined to finish it just because I payed almost $20 for the whole tub, but I take it just 16g at a time. My experience with this supplement taught me to read reviews before buying anything new.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    neldabg wrote: »
    Trader Joe's Vanilla Flavored Soy Protein Powder. It's DISGUSTING! The taste is nothing like vanilla at all, and it has the strangest texture. I'm determined to finish it just because I payed almost $20 for the whole tub, but I take it just 16g at a time. My experience with this supplement taught me to read reviews before buying anything new.

TJs return policy is very liberal - I would try bringing it back for a refund.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    I see I am not the only Arctic Zero hater lol
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I must have weird taste buds -I love the Light and Fit yogurts (the chocolate ones are disgusting though), and they fit into my macros better than the non-artificial-sweetener ones. Shirataki noodles also taste pretty good when mixed with a Laughing cow light Swiss wedge with lots of garlic salt and red pepper (a "skinny" fettuccini alfredo for less than 75 calories)

Walden Farms cream-based salad dressings taste like chemicals and vinegar, and I'm sure Arctic zero is what they serve in hell.

I see I am not the only Arctic Zero hater lol that was great.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Reduced fat Oreos don't deserve a place on store shelves...they taste like really old stale Oreos.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Any artificial sweeteners. Nasty chemical taste for me.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    janjunie wrote: »
    Reduced fat Oreos don't deserve a place on store shelves...they taste like really old stale Oreos.
    That's exactly how I felt when I tried one.

Oreo Thins are a lot better if you're into that sort of thing. I've never had regular mint Oreos, but the thin version seems to have the perfect filling ratio.

• bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Fiber One cheesecake bars. Neither cheese nor cake. Ewwwwww!
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Definitely Arctic Zero. I spent like $5 on a pint and I took a bite and gagged. I tried to make it into a shake with lots of chocolate syrup and I just could not get over that awful taste. I thought it was kinda salty, and extremely nasty.

Also, I eat the Danon light and fit greek yogurt, usually cherry or blueberry, but got one bite into chocolate raspberry before having to throw it out. Not the chocolate on top one, just the regular chocolate raspberry flavor. Basically, avoid any chocolate light and fit.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I loathe with every bit of my soul fat free cheese. You might as well eat a piece of plastic!
  • ckdprevent
    ckdprevent Posts: 105 Member
    For me it is any fat free salad dressing or fat free cheese. I can handle the low fat versions, but Yuck on the fat free versions.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    OH I bought turkey hot dogs once. I don't know if they were only 50 calories each but nope, never again. They didn't hit the 'spot'. Which lets be honest, is the only reason you eat a hot dog.

Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs are the BOMB!!!!!!! Only 45 call each