Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    gabbo34 wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    gabbo34 wrote: »
    I've got a question for the group - hopefully somebody can help me out.

I started running with the monthly group last fall. I picked up the C25K last August. Ran my first 5k in September. Got addicted. I kept upping my mileage to the point I was running 18-20 miles a week I ran my first HM in April. I cut down my mileage during the heat of the summer, but still ran steadily. I ran another HM in mid-October.

I didn't run the week after the race. I went out for an 'easy' 5 mile run the next weekend. I was completely out of gas about 2.5 miles into it. I chalked it up as just a 'bad run'. I went out a few days later..same thing.

I've had the same thing happen every run for 6 weeks now. I used to be able to roll out of bed and knock out an easy 45-50 minutes of running. Now I'm laboring after 10 minutes.

I've tried slowly my training pace. Changing shoes (always mojo in the shoes). Mixing up the route....but it hasn't gotten any better.

I'm at my wit's end. I really enjoyed running (especially the extra calories it gave me to burn) - but it feels like my endurance is totally gone and not coming back.

I haven't been sick. No health issues. I have no idea what's going on....

Any ideas?!?!
    Sometimes after you take a short break from a hard race, you have to work your aerobic base back up again.
    How many days a week and mileage are you running these days?

I was trying to ease back into the early part of the training program I used before. I usually run three or four miles 2-3 weekdays and somewhere between 5-8 on the weekend. But I'm having trouble even running three 3-mile runs a week without walking.

Keep at it and don't give up.
    Also, @_nikkiwolf_ may have a point with nutritional issues. Some blood work may not be a bad idea.

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 0 blah day
    12/2 - 6.24 (2.66 lunch run + 3.58 dreadmill walk) Felt like an upside down turtle trying to make it thru quicksand. Felt super slow, sluggish, just awful. Later on the t-mill actually felt pretty good.
    12/3 - 2.83 Work lunch run...felt good. Not great. Seems like if I take more than 2 days off I lose something, like endurance or lung capacity, something.
    12/4 - 2.88 Lunch walk. It was gorgeous outside!
    12/5 - 5.25 Walked to neighborhood Walmart for greek yogurt and coffee creamer. Then drove back to get everything I forgot lol

exercise.png
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    @tdbernrd Congrats on a great first hm--those times look wonderful!
    @Virkati Glad to hear you are behaving yourself, lol!
    @kelasar Welcome!
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    @kelasar Welcome!

@5BeautifulDays Oh but it's soooooo hard lol. I just filled out a volunteer form so it's a done deal. I'm not running next Saturday. I'll find a bright side to that. Gonna take me a minute though :)
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    @kelasar Welcome!

@5BeautifulDays Oh but it's soooooo hard lol. I just filled out a volunteer form so it's a done deal. I'm not running next Saturday. I'll find a bright side to that. Gonna take me a minute though :)

We may earn donuts when we run, but I'm sure you get brownie points for being a volunteer. They're worth brownies, you know!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,400 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @Orphia - Congratulations on running a 5k without stopping! That is an awesome accomplishment!
    @summerdaze120 - Congratulations on completing you 3 miles too!
    @kelasar - Welcome to our group of crazy runners!
    @tdbernrd - WhooHoo!! Congratulations and a great time for your first HM! I hope you had a blast and got yourself that donut!

Completed my 12 mile birthday run this morning including conquering the hill my trainer said I had to run! I ran up over and down it, turned around and went back over the other way! It was a perfect crisp 47 degrees when I started. I was in running capris and a short sleeve top and was amazed to see people running all bundled up like they are somewhere really, really cold. Come on people this is California!

I am signing up for the Running and Beer Fest - hubby said ok and I am going to run it with my Godson! He ran the same course for another 10k and said it is flat and fast! Don't know how fast I will be after 2 HMs in 2 weeks but it should be fun!

Date..........Miles.........Total
    12/01.......4.20..........4.20 - + Strength Training
    12/02.......3.55..........7.75
    12/03.......6.81........14.56 - + Strength Training
    12/04.......0.00........14.56
    12/05.....12.07........26.63 - Birthday run!

exercise.png

These are my upcoming races, let me know if you are going to be running too:
    12/27/15 - Holiday Half, San Diego, CA
    02/07/16 - Surf City Half, Huntington Beach, CA
    02/20/16 - Special Edition Divas Half, Temecula, CA
    02/27/16 - SoCal Running and Beer Fest, Lake Elsinore, CA
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    2/1 - 1.6 miles - 3K fun run with my friend John, who just lost almost 100 lbs :sunglasses: Oh yeah I realize 1.6 isn't a 3K but that's what they called it even though my watch said 1.6
    12/2 - life day
    12/3 - 5 miles
    12/4 - no mojo day
    12/5 - 7 miles

13.6 out 120 miles

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 nice shopping spree!
    @_nikkiwolf_ glad the toe is better so can run
    @orphia fantastic on the 5k distance! :star:
    @ddmom0811 hope the wedding was fantastic, did D come down from NY?
    @summerdaze120 awesome run
    @virkati glad you decided not to run
    @tdbernd fantastic HM!! Doesn't it feel awesome
    @mobycarp great run
    @gabbo34 seems like no matter how well I'm trained for a HM they beat the crap out of me. It takes me a long time to get back to my mileage. If you think it's not physical, work on the mental, I agree listen to some music, change things up, run somewhere else. Don't give up it'll come back.
  • DrewHardy
    DrewHardy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've completed 4 of my 21 miles.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    It was a perfect crisp 47 degrees when I started. I was in running capris and a short sleeve top and was amazed to see people running all bundled up like they are somewhere really, really cold. Come on people this is California!

Its like that here too. I'm still in shorts and short sleeved shirt in 40-50° and I see all sorts bundled up.

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you're the Hill Beast now! :relaxed:

@gabbo34 Shanaber makes a good point, changing it up might help.
  • britters12
    britters12 Posts: 12 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

exercise.png

• 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »
    I finished my first half marathon this morning 2:22:41. My goal was 2:30. I want a donut so bad right now.

Thanks @Stoshew71! If it wasn't for the supportive people in this group, wouldn't have thought it was possible.

WTG! I'm getting my head around doing a HM next fall.... I'm hoping for a time not too far off yours!
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    kelasar wrote: »
    I'm new and I'm up for the December challenge. My running goal is small compared to a lot of you seasoned runners, but I would like to run 12 miles this month.
    I plan to achieve this goal by running on a treadmill and running at the park.

We all started from ZERO miles a month. The important thing is to end the month being more content with your own self and your own progress. DEGU (Don't Ever Give Up)!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    December goal — 60 KM…I’ll be traveling for 2 weeks this month and unlikely to be able to run

12/1—5.02km
    12/3—5.23 km
    12/6—6.52 km run at the GZ Mini Marathon! 28:29 5k time! Happy!
  • smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• siddles11
    siddles11 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2/12 2k
    3/12 1k
    5/12 7k
    6/12 7k

Tiny bit faster today. Mostly psychological - think I need to get off treadmill and outdoors. If only I didn't have such a propensity to fall and break bones :blush:

exercise.png
  • jkowalsk23
    jkowalsk23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• Mojo_Minx
    Mojo_Minx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!

exercise.png