December 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    6 Km Fun Run and then Wobble Pops at the Pub to honour/celebrate our Running Friends BD.
    He wanted to run his age, we said are you ##!!!**, divided by 10.
    exercise.png
  • fizziofinn
    fizziofinn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My first time too. Going to stretch myself and aim for 200! Had planned on skipping tomorrow as i have s 6 hour drive but wont now.
    Did 19 yesterday and 6 today (25) :)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    I officially have achellies tendinitis :( I think I just caused it by playing soccer really hard this past Sunday and not taking enough time off to rest. Any words about how serious something like this is? how imperative it is that I not run or run slow or run little? I did access so much information on the web--like what stretching exercises i should do, etc. but what i don't have access to, at least i didn't find any yet, is how runners deal with it. do you rest, how long, and in what ways?

I had some really mild A.T. this spring/summer. I kept running on it (probably not the wisest choice) and foam rolled it every once and a while. The best thing I did probably was use KT tape; there are instructions on how to use it on the KT tape site, and since your heel is pretty easy to tape yourself, I'd recommend buying some and try it out (I got mine was pre-cut strips for $8 at the local supermarket).
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5 miles today. I cut 45 seconds off of my 5 mile time from last week so yay. Only 3.5 more minutes to cut off to get to my goal.

exercise.png
  • CrimsonWhite
    CrimsonWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Guess I'll aim for 50 miles again this month and hope the holiday stuff doesn't get in the way too much!
    12/2 4 miles on the hotel treadmill in Lexington
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift 8$ for KT tape? That's a deal! I bought 2 rolls for $35. :(

November-Holiday Streak
    26-5.90 Race 10K -my oversight, thought it was sanctioned.
    27- 1.02 TM
    28-5.60
    29-1.02 TM
    30-3.47

1-6.03
    2-1.02 TM

7.05/90+

Upcoming races:

02/06/16 Hot Chocolate 15K Dallas
    03/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    03/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    04/24/16 OKC Memorial undecided distance
  • fleurhaus
    fleurhaus Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Officially graduated from C25K a few weeks back. Therefore, I'll be participating for the first time. I'd love to hit, at least, 50 miles this month.

exercise.png
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 0 blah day
    12/2 - 6.24 (2.66 lunch run + 3.58 dreadmill walk)

I missed last month's goal by 7.85. This month was going to be 75 + 7.85 but that gives me an odd number and I just can't handle that so I'm adding another 2.15 to bring December's total to 85 mile goal. Totally do-able! (Provided other people keep their yucky, awful, energy sucking germs to themselves!)

exercise.png
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options

exercise.png

On my way to 100. Mary
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    4.4km today. Would have been more but awfully hot and muggy and hadn't taken any fluids with me.
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Date…Km’s….Total
    01/12 – 05.75 – 05.75
    02/12 – 02.34 – 08.09 – First run in 4 weeks: 8’37 pace
    03/12 – 04.37 – 12.46

Goal – 100km

No phone call today and it's starting to get a bit late in the day so time to celebrate with some lager I think! Thanks so much to everyone for well wishes. Am very tender today but just happy to be healthy! xx
  • runner_girl83
    edited December 2015
    Options
    oops double post
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @vaguelyvegan, @rmcobb327, @saraakhund, @patheticshark, @Becky_44, @lshona, @MobyCarp, @fizziofinn, @aynas and anyone else who is new that I missed - Welcome to our group of crazy runners!!

@karef - so glad there hasn't been a call so far! Hope you enjoyed your lager!

@juliet3455 - I was also trying to think of a good birthday run and I think I will do just that - divide by 10 (and multiply by 2) since it comes on my long run day!

Really needed to go for a run today so took my only break longer than 30 minutes and ran as far as I could and still get back to be on my conference call. I haven't been running many less than 5 miles so this felt strangely nice but slightly unsatisfying. Tomorrow I have an early, early meeting and then I should have time to get in a bit longer run.
    Got an email today about a new Southern California Running and Beer festival - unfortunately it is the week after my 2nd half in February. I really want to run it and am thinking about running the 5k. It is a bit of a drive though just to run 3 miles but it could also be super fun and there is BEER and fireworks at the end so maybe!

Date..........Miles.........Total
    12/01.......4.20..........4.20 - + Strength Training
    12/02.......3.55..........7.75

exercise.png

These are my upcoming races, let me know if you are going to be running too:
    12/27/15 - Holiday Half, San Diego, CA
    02/07/16 - Surf City Half, Huntington Beach, CA
    02/20/16 - Special Edition Divas Half, Temecula, CA
    02/27/16 - SoCal Running and Beer Fest, Lake Elsinore, CA (maybe!)
  • runner_girl83
    Options
    Called the clinic as I just had to know... They have got all of the cancer! :) big celebrations with my family tonight. My grandfather has been watching over me x thank you so much everyone!! Only 1 life.. Please be careful x
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    just noticed that in the last period my stride has shorten a lot, from 1.07m to 0.93m (but pace..., well let not mention or I get depressed...)

is this good or not? can be related with my leg problem/dark?

Distance covered = (avg stride rate) X (avg stride distance) X (minutes)

Using that formula your stride distance may have shrunk which has a direct effect on your total distance covered and pace.

So if your stride shrunk but your pace stayed the same, then that means you must be taking more steps per minute. That may actually be a good thing if you remember our 180 steps/minute discussion the last couple of months.

I wouldn't worry about stride distance so much. I would worry more about steps per minute and form (i.e where is your foot landing? under your body or way out in front?)
    Quicker cadence is actually good.

what I find weird is that my pace slowed down

I average ~190 spm so I think it's pretty good, but why then the pace went slower if stride decreased and spm increased?
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @karef - that's great news! :smiley:

Welcome all the new people!
    This is a really busy week for me - so no time to catch up on all the great news in here. Keeping my holiday streak alive!

Dec 1 - 2.64
    Dec 2 - 5K
    Dec 3 - 1.4 streak

exercise.png

• Pandora_and_her_box
    Options
    3.1 miles on the treadmill this morning - first ten minutes were the hardest convincing myself not to get off because I was feeling bored! The joys of treadmill running!

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @kristinegift 8$ for KT tape? That's a deal! I bought 2 rolls for $35. :(

I just bought some more on Amazon for about $10! Did you get the fancy professional grade tape? That one's more pricey.

kareF wrote: »
    Called the clinic as I just had to know... They have got all of the cancer! :) big celebrations with my family tonight. My grandfather has been watching over me x thank you so much everyone!! Only 1 life.. Please be careful x

Glad to hear the good news! Happy celebrations! :)
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Put me down for 80 again as a floor.

Although double that would be better. I don't have any multi-day "runcations" planned.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    1-6.65mi build up run from 13:07-11:04
    2-strength and yoga day
    3-6.69mi fast run 11:40, technically. but reality is we have 5 min warm up and potty breaks for the dog

exercise.png