40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good and productive weekend. Ours was pretty good. Awesome weather for Maine in December. Had temps in the 40's next weekend is supposed to be the same. I harvested the rest of my carrots yesterday. So, now I have carrots coming out of my ears, but that's ok. I have been busy last week with 2 customer's quilts, so that's been good. I have a guild christmas party at a restaurant I don't really like, but it will be great seeing all the ladies and having a nice time with them. I have been doing pretty good with exercise this week. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day.
  • ThatNerdyGrl
    ThatNerdyGrl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think I have posted here before a long time ago. Wandered off for a while, and after going in the wrong direction for too long, I am back to tracking properly. The self esteem is non existant, and I just feel icky. It can only get better from here, yeah?

I post a lot of my meals on instagram if anyone wants to connect there.

Cheers!
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 this year... Feel old now. Losing weight in hopes of another 40 years.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    Lifted today. BOOM!

Also, I fasted today....I need some 911 to finish off 2015 where i want the scale to be.
  • stadler5clio
    stadler5clio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, not really sure how this works. I'm definitely 40+ though. ;)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, not really sure how this works. I'm definitely 40+ though. ;)

You join just by posting so welcome.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    Alright, I lifted today....and my fast, yesterday, had me 2 lbs down on the scale. Good.

Now, I am going to do a 3-week calorie plan, to help me "stay on track" through the holidays....building in "buffers" where I have functions to attend.

I want to enter 2016 with a decent scale number....I simply spent 2015 being TOO FAT. 2012 was an average scale year, and 2013 and 2014 were AWESOME. 2015 has been THE WORST. I have to turn this train around....and I want to.

So, that was what the "fast" was all about. Just a re-set.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Rest day=Core day=DONE!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to send our daughter to teach in Africa for a year. She leaves in a few days. It's hard to think about.
  • thinBurger
    thinBurger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Went to 2 basketball games Monday (MS and HS) at 2 different locations, football recruiting seminar yesterday and another bb game tonight after work. I might not be getting all the exercise I would like in but my boys definitely are. I'm going to try to get outside tomorrow during my lunch hour providing it's not raining. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!! Gosh, life got in the way!!! How is everyone doing? I've been busy with work, family and medical appointments. Oh the joy of getting old! I'm doing physical therapy for my leg issue. I'm still not exercising as I would like to. I'm trying to focus on eating better and less. The clothes are starting to feel better. I miss working out hard so much though but it seems every time I do I get injured! Ugh!

Welcome to all the new members and for the regular to keep this thread going!!

Take care!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Getting ready to send our daughter to teach in Africa for a year. She leaves in a few days. It's hard to think about.

You teach your kids faith and values and then you just have to deal with it when they actually live those out.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hey alf, hope the physio is helping and I agree, getting older sucks.

Allen, I would be worried too! But you know you've done a great job raising a strong independent woman if she can go half way around to world to help others.
  • dwaterfield
    dwaterfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just got a new incentive to lose the weight. My scout troop just got a 2017 trip to Philmont. That's the big boy scout high adventure base in New Mexico. They have strict height and weight requirements for adults. I've got 16 months to "finish" my weight loss. It's been 23 months for the first half. I'm going to have to pick up the pace.

I'm working on the same thing...but with a shorter timeframe! We were lucky enough to get a slot that another crew had declined for next summer. I have to lose more than 78 lbs by 7/1/16. Yikes.

We found out in September. Since the end of that month I've lost 26 pounds, so I'm about 1/3 of the way there. It's going to be close!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Allen, I would be worried too! But you know you've done a great job raising a strong independent woman if she can go half way around to world to help others.

I know it is getting to me more than I think it is because for the first time in 16 months I've blown my eating plan up for three days in a row.
  • robguitar
    robguitar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    46 year old bloke here. Started yesterday at 19st 4lbs and have a target of 12st 7lbs. Exercise wise I'll be walking as much/as far as I can to start with. Using a fitbit flex set to 10k steps a day. Hit the target yesterday, going out for along walk this afternoon so should manage it again.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BACK! DONE!