What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    natajane wrote: »
    My NSV I that I'm getting really good at saying NO finally!

No to cake, No to fancy coffees, No to buffets, No to not meal planning, No to not prepping, No to not exercising.

I'm like a "no" machine!!

So is this "no" stuff something I can buy? Is it a juice? Is in in a box? I want me some of this "no" stuff!
    Oh - thats right it is a muscle. It only gets better with regular exercise.
    Good for you!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
  • jrstarling
    jrstarling Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on blood pressure medicine since June 2014 and today my doctor told me I could stop taking it.
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    We had a homemade soup, Family dinner, good time! I modified my soup to fit my plan & budgeted for my corn bread!!! ...1 piece with butter!!! Yummy :) Ended the day all good, as far as my counts & water...NSV!!
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I went thrift-store shopping with my mom and rounded up a bunch of size 6 jeans, then a couple of 4s just in case. The 4s were the only ones that fit.

But the best part is how little the size change excites me, and how excited I got instead when my new running shoes and heavier dumbbells arrived in the mail. I am loving the physical challenges of exercise and the way it feels to work my body hard and feed it well, then sort of forget about it for the rest of the day. I love the not-thinking-about-it part, where habit takes over and peace of mind begins to follow.

So true. The not-thinking-about-it thing takes a long time to develop (it's been a year and a half for me and I'm just starting to get that.) Before I was addicted to food, now I feed that with exercise and fitness goals.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    jrstarling wrote: »
    I have been on blood pressure medicine since June 2014 and today my doctor told me I could stop taking it.

Congratulations. It's great to be free of the hassle of medicine.
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This is a follow-up to something that happened yesterday. Today, when I got back from my jog, my husband was making hamburgers (again). He was eating the first one because he "hadn't weighed that one." He had my scale out and had already weighed a burger for me and was waiting for me to get home to make sure I wanted one. Two days in a row!!

That's both sweet and makes me laugh thinking he's only ever going to cook you hamburgers from now on!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    The chap got freaked out because he could feel my ribs yesterday, and when I tried to reassure him that I still had plenty of fat over them he claimed he couldn't feel it. Bless him!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I can reach my pinky with my thumb every time I try
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    natajane wrote: »
    My NSV I that I'm getting really good at saying NO finally!

No to cake, No to fancy coffees, No to buffets, No to not meal planning, No to not prepping, No to not exercising.

I'm like a "no" machine!!

So is this "no" stuff something I can buy? Is it a juice? Is in in a box? I want me some of this "no" stuff!
    Oh - thats right it is a muscle. It only gets better with regular exercise.
    Good for you!

Ha, that made me laugh. I wish you could buy it! I'd have bought it years ago.

I've been reading a book called The Beck Solution which is behavioral therapy for eating (its very funny though) and she says in there that you need to -
    a) Plan in advance, particular your food, as it helps you to not be reactive. I do mine the night before.
    b) Practice saying no. The more you say No, the easier it is. Like you say, practice makes perfect!

Maybe why its becoming much easier. I hope it stays like this haha!

• NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    jrstarling wrote: »

That is so cool.
    Congratulations.
    That is one of my goals.
  • shellygw
    shellygw Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was able to buy a pretty bra off he rack for the first time in too many years to count. I completed a workout video that I last tried at my highest weight and could barely get through the warm-up. How unhealthy I was is finally coming into focus and I am a bit ashamed. It wasn't that I didn't know it, but I am an expert at lying to myself. The biggest lie being that I wasn't strong enough to do anything about it. Now for my mind/eyes to catch up and let me see it in the mirror!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I wore a dress to a Christmas party. I felt pretty and actually kind of comfortable!!! My thighs didn't get all ouchie and chafed.
    And wait for it, it was a size 12!!!!!!!
  • elias1609
    elias1609 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV was this morning. I tried on some pants that I wasn't able to pull up around my belly last month. Guess who got into those pants this morning?! I did!
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Couple things here recently. One I am getting stopped more and more by the ladies at work. I work in a large law firm so they seem me in passing and yesterday 2 ladies were coming back from lunch and stopped me in the hallway to say that they noticed how much I've lost and that I am doing great, whats my secret, etc. The other thing is I am getting better about not eating food I don't like OR stopping and giving away or throwing away food once I've had enough. I bought a side of chips w/ my chipotle on Friday and I ate about 1/2 and realized I would finish the bag if I wasn't careful, so I threw them in the trash. And on Monday I bought a bar of German chocolates, ate 1/3 and gave the rest to a co-worker.

Feels good to be good.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    This is a follow-up to something that happened yesterday. Today, when I got back from my jog, my husband was making hamburgers (again). He was eating the first one because he "hadn't weighed that one." He had my scale out and had already weighed a burger for me and was waiting for me to get home to make sure I wanted one. Two days in a row!!

That's both sweet and makes me laugh thinking he's only ever going to cook you hamburgers from now on!

Oh no, I didn't even think of that!! I have to teach him how to weigh other foods!
  • taymam
    taymam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Today I actually put on a pair of size 8 jeans. I have never in memory worn size 8 anything. And for so long avoided jeans because of their sadistic qualities.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I fall off the wagon in the fall and winter with the cold weather, dark days and all that awesome comfort food. Right now I'm up about 10 pounds..it is likely bloat and should come off with just a few important adjustments.
    1. Dont snuggle on the couch all. night. long. everyday!
    2. Move more, even though its cold out!
    3. Say no more often to the yummy treats.
    My NSV is that I have realized this NOW, instead of in February, like I usually do (after Ive gained 30lbs over the winter.) Taking steps 2 months early to correct this before my yoyo gets worse!

Keep it up everyone, you are doing amazing! This thread is so inspirational :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!