How to make scrambled eggs more filling?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    not sure anyone would "fill up" on a couple of eggs...I eat eggs most every day, but they're always accompanied by other things.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 eggs over easy on 100g black beans. Lots o fiber. Filling.
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have my eggs with banana, chia seeds that have expanded in a bit of unsweetened almond milk and cinnamon. Fry everything up and your at around 400cals. Usually fills me up because of the chia :)
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Put them in a breakfast burrito :D:D:D
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I often eat eggs for breaky. A few options: add a few more egg whites, adds few handfuls of chopped veggies, use extra whole eggs, or my fave: fry them in a tbsp of coconut oil or real butter. I find the real oils fill me up. My diet is often highest in fat with protien coming in second. Carbs always leave me hungry. Like today. Bad planning.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I usually do a crap ton of egg whites. 150-200 calories worth, a laughing cow cheese, and then hundreds and hundreds of gram of veg-brocooli, zucchini, squash, red and yellow pepper.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and remember to get some cottage cheese, broccoli, spinach, onions, egg whites and some unflavored protein powder (already here) and add all that to a regular egg. I bet that will taste so awesome!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I like to add leftovers to my eggs. One of my favorites is roasted pork, or steak. I'll chop it up and sear it in the pan with onions, mushrooms, or whatever I have, add the eggs and top with some cheese. Roasted veggies in eggs are awesome.

When I used to get the Chinese BBQ boneless spareribs in pu pu platters, I would add them to eggs - delicious! Now that I don't buy conventionally raised pork, that's out.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I usually do a crap ton of egg whites. 150-200 calories worth, a laughing cow cheese, and then hundreds and hundreds of gram of veg-brocooli, zucchini, squash, red and yellow pepper.

I use whole eggs not egg whites - How many do I need to make a crap ton? Eastcoast Jim
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ecjim wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

I use whole eggs not egg whites - How many do I need to make a crap ton? Eastcoast Jim

150 calories worth is about 18 tablespoons. I buy them in the carton and actually weigh them too but don't remember the weight.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Add a pancake:

Eggs - Whole, raw, 112.0 g 165 cal
    Smucker's - Apricot No Sugar Added - Jayne Lein, 1 Tbsp 20 cal
    Sunny Boy - Whole Wheat Pancake & Waffle Mix, 1/4 cup, 30 g, 2 pancakes 110 cal 
    Add Food Quick Tools 295 (cal) 26(carb) 12(fat) 18(protein) 3(fibre) 17(iron)
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Dump the cookies and put in 160 calories of brown rice. Make the BR ahead of time in the correct cal range you want frozen in zip lock bags . Good carbs..
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would just try having some toast with your eggs.
    To me eggs alone are unsatisfying but with some toast I am fine.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest adding more veggies or a meat on the side.
    I like to have something like a tomato/feta/basil salad on the side of my eggs or even just another serve of veggies. may help just to bulk it up a bit to keep you full :smile:
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I add 1 tablespoon of Costco real bacon bits and 2 cups of broccoli to 2 eggs. Keeps me full
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I add cheese and hemp seeds, sometimes low fat salami
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I gotta eat eggs with carbs to feel full like bread, potatoes, tortilla ect.. or if I make deviled eggs then there is a good amount of fat in there that makes me feel full.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Add 2 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties. 100 calories (for 2 patties), 1c, 7f, 11p.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    For some weird reason I find omelettes more filling than scrambled eggs... (volume thing maybe?).

So if I am hungrier than usual it'll be 3 eggs + spinachs or I'll add half a can of sardines, get loads of calcium + additional proteins. If I am truly hungry or have exercised, I'll eat the omelette with a 45/50 g roll of whole wheat bread. Usually eggs are cooked with some fat though so maybe that helps satiety (1 tsp oil or 5 g butter)

I usually have a piece of fruit at breakfast as well
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I cook them in coconut oil plus whatever other things you like with them. Coconut oil helps it be more satisfying to me, and you will never have them sick to any pan!