Starting JM Ripped in 30 on Monday...

Options

Replies

• CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi-I just started Ripped in 30 tonight. I didn't get the full effect because my weights were only 1.5 pounds I will have to buy some tomorrow. How heavy are your alls weights? I can definitely feel those lunges though! This is the first time I have done an "at home program" I am usually just a runner so I am ready to see what circuit training does for my body. Lets keep this up! I need some motivation as well.

i have been using 8 lb for most except side lunges, i use 5 for those mostly b/c it is my least favourite exercise! I will see if I can keep it up I am only on day 4 of week 1. Love this w/o !

I also alternate with running and weight training. I find ripped in 30 really helps with the toning.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Okay, here I am. It's Sunday and yes, I did my Ripped workout today. I just didn't want to take the day off. Day 7 of week 1 :happy:

I feel ready to move on to week 2 tomorrow.

doverx4: I would have taken a sneak peek at week 2 when I was finished but I had my son waiting on the PS3 to play his video game....LOL (I use it to play my DVD's).
  • alidov78
    alidov78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    not lookin' forward to Jillian today :( Just 30 minutes and I'll be done with her...for today. The longest 30 minutes EVER when you don't want to do it!!!!! 3 MORE WEEKS????? Heaven help me!!!!!
  • alidov78
    Options
    Finished with Week 1!!!!! It's bad when you look forward to the 1 minute abs just so you can lay down....lmbo!!! Her 3-2-1 method is soooo do-able! Just when it's getting hard you know there's an end in sight! So glad all of you are in this with me :)

Kat0310: What I'm NOT looking forward to in tomorrow is, like in 30DS, she has you in the push-up position for the whole cardio segment in the first round....man I hated that in 30DS....killer! Guess we'll cry together tomorrow....lol! Then again, maybe it's just me? I have found that I'm not cussing her in this one like I did in 30DS???? BUT, I'm not in Week 3 & 4 yet ;)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    yeah.. holding plank for that long is insane. I am weak and shaking the whole time. I usually have to break inbetween exercises or else I'm falling flat on my face at one point.
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Did day 1 of week 2 this morning. I hated it. Not because I thought it was too hard, well, the hard part for me is coordination. I have none. It seemed to me like some of the moves required a bit of coordination - not good for me. There really were only a couple moves that I felt were working on me, otherwise, I really didn't get much out of it. The only part that had me feeling worked was the plank segment in circuit 1 (I think it was the first circuit), with the plank jacks and mountain climbers. I did those in 30 DS and was kinda used to them but they are very tiring. I actually feel like I need to do something else later on today to make up for some calorie burn :(

Tomorrow I plan on going back to week 1 for a couple days then maybe start on week 3 by the end of the week and just work that one a little longer to make up for it and still stay on schedule with everyone.

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • alidov78
    Options
    Did day 1 of week 2 this morning. I hated it. Not because I thought it was too hard, well, the hard part for me is coordination. I have none. It seemed to me like some of the moves required a bit of coordination - not good for me. There really were only a couple moves that I felt were working on me, otherwise, I really didn't get much out of it. The only part that had me feeling worked was the plank segment in circuit 1 (I think it was the first circuit), with the plank jacks and mountain climbers. I did those in 30 DS and was kinda used to them but they are very tiring. I actually feel like I need to do something else later on today to make up for some calorie burn :(

Tomorrow I plan on going back to week 1 for a couple days then maybe start on week 3 by the end of the week and just work that one a little longer to make up for it and still stay on schedule with everyone.

Ohhhhh DISAGREE!!!! ;) That. was. freakin. hard! Then again I was doing it with a 14 month old under me....literally (esp. in the plank position...lol) Tomorrow I will do it during naptime! Today I only gave it at about 75%....tomorrow ITS ON!!!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I love Week 2! Did Day 1 today and by the time I was done I was soaked from head to toe. I agree, the coordination part is a challenge, I'm sure I looked more like I was having a seizure rather than a workout. But I kept going - even in my clumsy, strange way. The planks were insane. I can't do the explosive movements because of my knee, but I kept the modified version going with as much intensity as possible. I'm posting some pictures of me before week 1 and after. Not a lot of change, but I see some differences.
    AllyPictures298-3-1.jpg
    20110507211335-1-1.jpg
    I can't wait to see what Week 2 brings, especially since I actually gained 1 1/2 pounds, which I intend to take off this week.
    I hope someone else posts pictures, I don't want to feel like an idiot:blushing:

• kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I started Ripped last Monday. I decided to do 5 days (Mon-Fri) of each level before progressing to the next. Today was my first day of Level 2. My first thoughts were that it wasn't that bad, but then I changed my tune :smile: after I looked at my HRM. After the workout (don't do the cool down) I run/walk on my treadmill for another 10 minutes, then cool down. HRM read: 530 calories burned. Total minutes including warm up/cool down: 45 :tongue:
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm glad you like week 2 :). I wish I liked it more but I can't do it if I don't feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the workout. For me it just felt like I spent more time trying to get the moves right and watching them than actually getting a good workout. I will do week 1 for a few days at the "advanced" effort then I'll go to week 3. I hear week 3 is hard!
  • alidov78
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm glad you like week 2 :). I wish I liked it more but I can't do it if I don't feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the workout. For me it just felt like I spent more time trying to get the moves right and watching them than actually getting a good workout. I will do week 1 for a few days at the "advanced" effort then I'll go to week 3. I hear week 3 is hard!

The moves do require a bit more coordination...which is why I feel like it didn't get my all today. I'm giving it another day or 2 before I decide if I hate it or not.....lol! Then again it's just a week and atleast she's got me moving so I'm guessing I'll stick with it...
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    I'm starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow. My plan is to do it every other day, alternating it with running.
    now that souinds great, as im on day 4, and cant even brush my teeths without oain,,lol cant sit on toilet without pain,,hahaha im thinking doing this every 2nd day too,, man it IS INTENSE<<lol
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I started Ripped In 30 today, and holy crap...that was awesome! I just about died but I can't wait to do it tomorrow :laugh: I also started the C25k but I think I might start again cause I missed some days because of the rain. As far as the RI30, I'm logging it in as circuit training cause I don't have a HRM, I hope that's somewhat accurate. Look out fat girl...the skinny me is breaking free :laugh:
  • Whatchuwant
    Options
    I'm in the middle of RI30 week 2. That plank will be the death of me! But, I try to do what she says, take a tiny break and comer back, DON'T QUIT! Ha!

I'm using 3lbs weights, but since all of you are mostly using 5, I think I'm going to have to up it.

So far I've lost an inch in my arms (damn you, plank position!) and almost an inch in my waist. :)
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Okay, like I said, I did day 8 of week 1 today. I'll have to wait for tomorrow to see which week/level I feel like doing. I worked it at the highest I could do it (girl on the left...lol).

I'm so glad to see so many of you on here and you're all doing great! Way to go!!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone :happy:
  • alidov78
    Options
    ewwwww weeeeee......Day 2/Week 2.....DONE! How I hate the plank position!!!!! Love that I'm sore today though....from my shoulders to my rear......AWESOME!!! Also love how my 4 year old wants to have a conversation during the workout....WHEN I CAN BARELY BREATHE to begin with....LOL!!!
  • missybeth
    missybeth Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm starting ripped in 30 tomorrow morning ! I'm Excited :)
  • alidov78
    Options
    I'm starting ripped in 30 tomorrow morning ! I'm Excited :)

Yay! Good Luck! She kicks butt....just remember 3-2-1 and you'll be done before you know it!!!
  • Kat0310
    Options
    Okay, I gave week 2 another shot this morning and focused more on "just doing it" and did MUCH better today. I was tired at the end (which is exactly what Jillian wants...lol). I think I got the moves down pretty good today :) Yes, those planks are a killer! I am determined to master them though...

Off to go to my son's school and help with field day :)

Have a great day everyone!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Okay, I gave week 2 another shot this morning and focused more on "just doing it" and did MUCH better today. I was tired at the end (which is exactly what Jillian wants...lol). I think I got the moves down pretty good today :) Yes, those planks are a killer! I am determined to master them though...

Off to go to my son's school and help with field day :)

Have a great day everyone!

So glad you tried week 2 again! Great job!