What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I used to huff and puff on the elliptical needing to slow down or break. Now I fly when on it; even after I've used the treadmill for 30 min.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I went to a potluck and didn't gorge myself! I did more squats then I ever have too!
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Saturday I had a UDF clerk ask me how long I'd been lifting, and if I had any advice for him as he was wanting to get into weightlifting. Gave him my email and said, "if I don't hear from you just stay consistent."
  • aubcami916
    aubcami916 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One of the teams had a potluck today at work and there were soooo many leftovers. Normally, I'd be all on the desserts. Today, I was able to pass the tables (several times) without the desire to taste a thing.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    This NSV was completely unexpected - One of the young guys that lifts the same time as me at the rec center came over to tell me he thought it was cool that I lifted. He I even got a fist bump!!!!
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Options
    patesq wrote: »
    One of my goals has been to get back into jeans - I haven't worn them in at least 25 years. My daughter and I went to Old Navy today and I decided to give it a try now that I've lost 67 lbs. I pulled a 16 and an 18 off the shelf and headed to the changing room, hoping that one of them would fit. I pulled on the 18 and it was WAY TOO BIG! I tried the 16 and it was close enough that I walked out of the dressing room to get daughter's approval. The employee running the changing room said, no, those are too big. You need to go back and get a 14. A 14, on me. I couldn't believe it when they fit. I am so excited. I think the Old Navy employee got a kick out of it. My 16 year old daughter wasn't sure what to think - she's never seen me in jeans. I've got a ways to go so only 1 pair for now but it's a big step forward for me.

I love this story! Congratulations!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    CJsf1t wrote: »

Way to go girl! Fitness is the best kind of NSV!

Thanks! :)
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Fairysoul wrote: »
    I went to a potluck and didn't gorge myself! I did more squats then I ever have too!

• RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I put on a shirt I haven't worn in almost two years /last time I tried I couldn't button up even one of the buttons and even my arms couldn't quite get in the sleeves /. Almost all buttons managed to button up and it looked and felt nice on me. This is what I call a good day.
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My rings don't fit anymore!
    I had lost a bunch of weight before I found MFP over the years and my ring size went from an 8.5 to a 6.5, and I assumed that's as low as it would get because cmon, they're fingers, how much fat can they have on them? Well, just a little bit more, apparently, as I am now measuring at a 5. I really hate to lose my rings though. My engagement ring can be resized, but my wedding band was given to me and it belonged to my mother in law's grandmother, so I don't really want to mess with it.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    kellellie wrote: »
    My rings don't fit anymore!
    I had lost a bunch of weight before I found MFP over the years and my ring size went from an 8.5 to a 6.5, and I assumed that's as low as it would get because cmon, they're fingers, how much fat can they have on them? Well, just a little bit more, apparently, as I am now measuring at a 5. I really hate to lose my rings though. My engagement ring can be resized, but my wedding band was given to me and it belonged to my mother in law's grandmother, so I don't really want to mess with it.
    I bought a cheap ring that I wear on the outside of my too big rings, that way I won't lose them, but they do spin around.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I bought a decorated belt last year to wear on my waist. Since then I've always been trying to wear it on my hips and it never fit. This morning I HAD to find a nice belt to wear to work with my pants (they are getting too loose now) so I tried it on for giggles...and it fits perfectly!!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My jeans size at my highest weight was 40 inches.Now it's down to 38in. I have a goal jeans which are 36 in, and I can now pull it up to my hips!!! When I first bought them they barely made it past my knees!
    Also ,my wedding ring which was too tight to go up my ring finger, is so loose now! I am wearing it on my middle finger!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    1111 day streak in two days

My 28th birthday and I'm sick. You guys make me want to go do something. Not sure it will happen. Need rest and medicine. Will see what happens!

Ugly sweater party a few days ago with family. Didn't think I looked bad in the pictures (besides my hair, so dark.. Haven't got done since last year) also think my sweater was in a LARGE! Also won :)
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    My jeans size at my highest weight was 40 inches.Now it's down to 38in. I have a goal jeans which are 36 in, and I can now pull it up to my hips!!! When I first bought them they barely made it past my knees!
    Also ,my wedding ring which was too tight to go up my ring finger, is so loose now! I am wearing it on my middle finger!

You can have the ring resized but wait until you are in maintenance for awhile- Most places will only resize the ring one time. Fix it more than once and it starts getting weak.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options

You can have the ring resized but wait until you are in maintenance for awhile- Most places will only resize the ring one time. Fix it more than once and it starts getting weak.

Thanks for the tip! My next thickest finger is my right middle one. Once it gets loose there, I will take it off and wait till I hit my goal!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip! My next thickest finger is my right middle one. Once it gets loose there, I will take it off and wait till I hit my goal!

I bought a cheap, thin silver ring in a smaller size. I put on my wedding ring, then the cheap ring on the outside which keeps my wedding ring from falling off.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I bought size 14 pants today - that's at least 4 sizes down, although it's probably more because I stopped buying pants at my heaviest and lived through the winter in size 2 and 3X sweat pants.
  • Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    it's nearly Christmas, loads to things going on involving food & drink. As always I'm enjoying all of them but the difference this year is that on the 'normal' days I'm back on track! No excuses. Last year I would have just said "ah well, it's Christmas (for all of December) I'll start again in January! " and of course wouldn't!
    :)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    315 squat! 10lb PR!

@mrsfitzyv8 That is a awesome cake!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!