Join me in the sprint to Christmas!

Options

Replies

• mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Flybeetle wrote: »
    What a nice group this already is!

Tonight I noticed I was going to be over and instead of giving up and eating even more (something I've often done over the last weeks ) I did a workout to keep me under my calorie goals.
    This group helped to give me that little push I needed :)

Now that's a great decision!! :)
  • mtjohnston42
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Day 2 everyone! I woke up feeling great today. Always an awesome reward on the other side of a healthy day before. And welcome to new folks joining us!

dn8sr16oabsj.png
  • jirwin323
    jirwin323 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of not drinking myself to sleep. I feel great.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    jirwin323 wrote: »

#progress
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Fantastic!!
    This was me, no alcohol last night after I had it the last 3 nights prior. I also watched 3 hours of TV without snacking at all which is huge. Course I'm lacking sleep and it's early for me, but hey you all have motivated me to get my but up and see what I can do for a run! Have a great day everyone!
  • Becky_44
    Options
    I'm tired and have a long day ahead of me but I ran Day 2 of Week 8 in C25k! Thanks for the push to get it done no matter what! Now if I can stay with my calorie goal today with the triggers I face working with my husband at the store!
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Becky_44 wrote: »

Fantastic!!
    This was me, no alcohol last night after I had it the last 3 nights prior. I also watched 3 hours of TV without snacking at all which is huge. Course I'm lacking sleep and it's early for me, but hey you all have motivated me to get my but up and see what I can do for a run! Have a great day everyone!

@jirwin323 Congrats! I struggle with this too! It feels so good to skip the booze!

@Becky_44 no snacking with the tv is huge for me too. I managed it for two nights (but not last night). With you guys here I'll be able to be strong tonight!
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Day 2 everyone! I woke up feeling great today. Always an awesome reward on the other side of a healthy day before. And welcome to new folks joining us!

dn8sr16oabsj.png

How nice to wake up to this!
  • mameo
    mameo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 1 stayed within goal and walked for an hour after dinner and so far of Day 2 is great. I can eat well all day and even my dinner, but it is around 9-10pm when I am looking to put something in my stomach. Last night I ate some peanuts - but wish I could learn to love that empty pit stomach feeling. Any ideas?
  • Sunshine1337
    Sunshine1337 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Love all the motivation to keep us from backsliding at the end of this year! Let's instead get strong and meet the new year head on!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    You guys are all killing it! I got my workout in early and felt so good I kept going for an extra 15 minutes!
  • ThisMagicMoment
    ThisMagicMoment Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this. Have lost 20 so far, and am trying to reach 275 by the end of the month. I'm just TWO pounds away and really want to get there.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    mameo wrote: »
    Day 1 stayed within goal and walked for an hour after dinner and so far of Day 2 is great. I can eat well all day and even my dinner, but it is around 9-10pm when I am looking to put something in my stomach. Last night I ate some peanuts - but wish I could learn to love that empty pit stomach feeling. Any ideas?

You know what helps me? Seltzer. Keeps me full and you don't have the sodium of diet soda! Also feels kind of like a special drink when you add a splash of juice. :)
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    beckyf3506 wrote: »
    I'm in for this. Have lost 20 so far, and am trying to reach 275 by the end of the month. I'm just TWO pounds away and really want to get there.

What amazing progress! You should be proud of yourself. Welcome to the group!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm already struggling and haven't even been to a party yet!

I commit to...

1. Stay within my calorie goal one meal at a time.
    2. Work out 1 hour each weekday between now and Christmas Eve.
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!

We have 10 days to get to Christmas Eve. After that things are going to get tough eating-wise for a bit.

So why not use the 10 days between then and now to make some real progress!

I am committing to log my food on my fitness pal and hit my daily goal every day until Christmas Eve morning, and work out at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

Want to join me? You can do anything for 10 days!!
    Becky_44 wrote: »

Fantastic!!

• PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I refocused on my life change yesterday so I am in!!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I'm in. I'm already struggling and haven't even been to a party yet!

I commit to...

1. Stay within my calorie goal one meal at a time.
    2. Work out 1 hour each weekday between now and Christmas Eve.

Ambitious! I like it.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    How are we doing? It's been a rough day for me, tough time at work and all I want is beer and pizza. But I'm not gonna do it! Must resist!
  • Becky_44
    Options
    How are we doing? It's been a rough day for me, tough time at work and all I want is beer and pizza. But I'm not gonna do it! Must resist!

Yay for resisting!
    I ended up having a soda which I'd hoped to skip. Been having it more lately working the store. All it does is makes me want more sugar. But I did pass on pizza my husband offered me, so that was a good thing. Rather slow at the store, with little sleep the 4 and a half hours will be challenging for me. But still aiming to keep my calorie goal on target.