What's the first thing you cut out to help in weight loss

Options

Replies

• animetzuyan
    animetzuyan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The key for me was just to be mindful of what I am eating by tracking every day. And eating much, much less. I really didn't realize how large a portions I was eating... way too many calories. No wonder I was 90 pounds overweight. I think the fact the I know I can have whatever I wants helps me to say no, or to just have a small portion. I have tried many different diets over time, but this time I have found it works for me to just be moderate in what I am eating. And like someone else said, I have to choose my calories wisely. Some things just aren't worth the calories.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Excuses. That was my honest first response.

Also, drinking my calories.
  • msbushnell
    msbushnell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. I crave crappy food that I would never crave sober. Also, alcohol makes my stomach upset which for some strange reason makes me want to eat more junk.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i cut out at least 774 empty calories by ridding of 1 whole cup of sugar per day! and that is only how much i used when i only had four large mugs of coffee every day, sometimes it was more.

i cut out some other things too but, it was not really for weight loss reason and more for their lack of meeting my macro goals.

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,164 Member
    Options
    Just reduced what I eat.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I cut out all drinks besides water (and coffee and tea, but I drink those black so they're basically the same as water) so that all of my calories can go towards food.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Excuses. That was my honest first response.

Also, drinking my calories.

LOL yes, excuses really are the first thing every one of us must give up!
  • bethclabburn
    bethclabburn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Everything. If I'm going to have carbs I'll have sweet potato or brown rice.
    I'm allowing my chocolate from the advent calendar since it's Christmas but I desperately try to stay away from saturated fat and sugars.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I had to cut out soda because I was drinking about 8 cans a day! Then....I cut out the constant snacking during the day I was doing!
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Potato chips. The only thing I can't seem to exercise moderation with. I like pretzels and popcorn, but not nearly as much so now I only keep those in the house.
    But that's really it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Eating too many calories. The first and only thing I cut out, really.

^ This, exactly. I still eat all the same things I've always eaten - just less of them.
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Peanuts or any roasted nuts for that matter.

Never seem to have enough calories to spare and i dont eat back any of my workout calories so am excluding them temporarily.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Cut out extra couch time. Cut back alcohol and social situations envolving food
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Just cut calories..................meaning just eat less than you do now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Lattes at work and having pudding every night.
  • ancientsolar
    ancientsolar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pop/Soda ~~ I found that having high sugar gave me a craving for eating more..
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Soda and fast food and medicines that made me gain weight
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I used to cut single foods out like chips or ice cream and stick with it for a short time. Then I ended up binging on whatever I cut out.

After teaching myself portion control I realized I fit things into my day instead of completely taking things away.

Fast food in general I have stopped eating completely. More for the sodium then that calories however.

What really helped me is not drinking my calories (soda, store-bought juice, alcohol). That alone has helped me tremendously and it leaves me with more calories for food.

Now that I'm maintaining I still rarely drink my calories mainly because I lost the taste for them. Soda taste too chemically, store-bought juice is too sweet and alcohol makes my stomach hurt plus it made me want to eat, eat and eat.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'll eat 200-300 calories for dessert instead of 500-600 lol
  • wonder_years2010
    wonder_years2010 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I cut out alcohol and soda. I haven't had a drink since October, and haven't had soda since August. They add a bit of sugar and calories that I'd rather use for food haha