Hit my goal weight - I've lost more weight than what I weigh!!! (159 lbs gone)

Options
ekahnicole
ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
edited December 2015 in Success Stories
I can't believe it's time for me to write about my own success story. I remember checking these stories myself off and on during my first year of losing weight and wondering "Will I get there? Will I be a success?".

Yes, I will. Yes, I am.

Just letting you know now, this post will have A LOT of pictures.

I started this journey in February 2013, weighing 309 lbs. I hadn't weighed myself in years for fear of what the scale would say, and when I finally did, it was nothing short of heartbreaking. But my god did it make me desperate to change. Seeing that number made it impossible to continue living in denial. There are virtually no photos of me from that time, but I'll share a couple here even though it is very hard to look at them now.

G9O7lg0.jpg
Ouch.

5WayO9Q.png
December 2013, 235 lbs (75 lost)

tBcxnYs.png
Who's face is that in the first picture? Not mine, surely...

As you can see though, in a year I reached a major milestone and dropped over 100 lbs. I can't even describe the difference in my life from before and after. No more constant fatigue, crippling social anxiety, depression, and so on. I was back in college and making good grades. I could actually see myself having a happy future for the first time in a long time. But I was damn sure not done yet. I felt better, but I was still 50+ lbs overweight. I was determined not to let myself get comfortable and stop before I was done.

tdwgp6X.jpg
Dropped another 20lbs, down to 180. I ended 2014 at 173 lbs. At this point I had gotten rid of 8 years worth of weight gain, putting me back at the same weight I was at the age of 19.

And now for 2015:

xQ7qKho.jpg
170 lbs, and one of the first times I didn't immediately delete a full body picture.

rkqyNbo.jpg
Annnd then I dyed my hair blue. You might not think this is relevant, but let me tell you, nothing can demonstrate how drastically my self esteem had improved more than this. I went years desperately NOT wanting to be noticed in public, so doing something that causes the complete opposite felt like I had truly overcome some major obstacles.

hh93n9h.jpg
165lbs

Se29Qa2.jpg
155lbs, and the first time I'd worn shorts in a very, very long time.

And now, ending 2015 at my initial goal weight of 150 lbs.
R1Qe3yi.jpg
fw7YRW7.jpg
pMDVHWE.jpg

Which included an NSV that I was seriously hoping to achieve one day - seeing a picture of myself that someone else took, and actually liking it.
IxYF7Ht.jpg

Sidenote: I'm 5'6 and my current measurements are 38-28-38.

If you've made it this far, thank you for reading my story. I really could not have done this without MFP. It's helped me understand my body's relationship with food and given me a tangible way to manage my calorie intake. It's been a source of encouragement, through the forums and feedback, and things just as small and simple as getting "likes" after completing diary entries.

I'll end this with a few tips I've learned along the way:

- It really is important to drink a lot of water
- Log everything as accurately as you can, as much as you can
- But also realize that if you are on top of things 90% of the time, the 10% won't matter
- When you're in a rut, changes in routine work like a charm (food, activity level, etc)
- If you binge one day, the increase you see in your weight the next day is NOT actual weight gain, it's water weight. Get back on track immediately and you'll see it disappear in a matter of days.
- You do not have to kill yourself exercising to lose weight. It really is as simple as calories in/calories out. But of course, doing anything you can to increase your activity level will only be a good thing
- You can still eat what you want, you just have to work it into your calories. The only things I have "given up" are regular soda (haven't had one since April 2013!) and milkshakes (my god, have you ever looked up how bad milkshakes are? they just aren't worth it! I'd rather have pizza and chocolate)

If you have any questions feel free to ask and of course friend requests are welcome as well, I'm still going to be logging in daily.

<3

Replies

• kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't even imagine how great that feels!
  • KrisM111
    KrisM111 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You look incredible and should be so proud to be an inspiration. I know I felt inspired reading your story and am sure many others will too! Great advice and tips -- things we all need to remember. WTG!!!! :)
  • pchrysta
    pchrysta Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A-freaking-amazing!!
    Loved the blue hair!
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My goodness, you look so pretty, and the BMO shirt. You're my kind of people hahaha

I'm glad that you've had success. Now I need to get down to it myself!
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing transformation! Thank you for sharing your story; it truly is inspirational. Congratulations on your success; you look fantastic!
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    "- But also realize that if you are on top of things 90% of the time, the 10% won't matter"

Good advice, I'll have to use that.

Congrats!
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congradulations--your hard work paid off so well! Quick question...how tall are you?
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    taracan25 wrote: »
    You look amazing! Congradulations--your hard work paid off so well! Quick question...how tall are you?

Thank you!

and I'm 5'6
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Amazing, a true inspiration!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration. Love the comment about 90% and 10%, a good reminder.
  • lizflee
    lizflee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well happy holidays to YOU! Congratulations, you look happy and healthy :)
  • deloney07
    deloney07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!!!! Inspirational
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just WOW! And the smile in your last pic just makes the whole story better. Congratulations on an amazing success story. Really, really, really inspirational.
  • BrittaneyHG
    BrittaneyHG Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Good job and you look amazing!!!! <3
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Awesome success story. Congrats!
  • oceangirl99
    oceangirl99 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow! You are very inspirational! You look amazing and sounds like you feel it too! Congratulations :)
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    inspirational
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Awesome

Love your style
  • Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • 4bugsmama
    4bugsmama Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey, your results are spectacular. Lots of hard work and it shows :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!