Going (mostly) veggie just to lose weight

Options

Replies

• Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    gorymeraz wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »

Curious what you're asking me to cite? Because the article you are citing, by the abstract at least, defends my point

Edit: Apologies, for some reason when I first read the comment it said my username *facepalm*

when did i asked u to cite?

wat

You didn't ask me to cite, I was quoting someone who was tagging you in their post.

Also no one can eat a diet consisting of only vegetables, you will die due to malnutrition, just like you can't eat a diet of only meat for the exact same reason
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Shakespeare's plays were actually written by J. Edgar Hoover.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Shakespeare's plays were actually written by J. Edgar Hoover.

I thought it had something to do with monkeys and typewriters on a grassy knoll??
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    You can survive a fall from any height by flapping your arms right before you hit the ground.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    You can survive a fall from any height by flapping your arms right before you hit the ground.

No you cant
  • tincanonastring
    Options

No you cant

Yes you can.

lalalala.gif
  • MayaEmProject
    MayaEmProject Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Chose a diet you can stick for the rest of your life, not for quicker weight loss because you'll gain it all back with getting back to your old eating habits. It's just a waste of time and years of struggling with a jo-jo weight.
  • tincanonastring
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Chose a diet you can stick for the rest of your life, not for quicker weight loss because you'll gain it all back with getting back to your old eating habits. It's just a waste of time and years of struggling with a jo-jo weight.

Oh, yeah. The OP.

Hey OP, this is really good advice. If you're not going to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle, don't pick it up for weight loss.

ETA: @MayaEmProject - Did you post that using voice-to-text?
  • juggernaut1974
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Double post
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

No you cant

Yes you can.

lalalala.gif

No you can't

I'm right

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Vegetarians are all vampires who sneak into the rooms of fair maidens at night and steal their souls.

I mean since the standard set is that we only have to declare something and it's automatically true with no citations whatsoever

I've gotta do something at night for entertainment.

J Edgar Hoover wrote a lost musical version of Hamlet.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    wow, people is dense.

if you put 2 people on a 2k diet, on of veggies and one on meat(deficit)

the meat one will lose weight, yes, but he would lose weight slower than the one in the veggies diet.

one would be hard pressed to eat 2K worth of veggies...and they would also be lacking nutritionally. vegans eat more than just veggies. i know fat vegetarians and fat vegans and fat omnivores.

lol, like if eating only meat is healthy...

male vegans are in average 10-20lbs lighter than meat eaters, thats a fact.

where did i ever say eating only meat was healthy...i think perhaps you are the dense little troll...

by the by, i eat a substantially plant based diet...
  • juggernaut1974
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Vegetarians are all vampires who sneak into the rooms of fair maidens at night and steal their souls.

I mean since the standard set is that we only have to declare something and it's automatically true with no citations whatsoever

I've gotta do something at night for entertainment.

J Edgar Hoover wrote a lost musical version of Hamlet.

Yeah it was you and @janejellyroll that I assumed were the ringleaders in that vegetarian/vegan soul sucking scheme
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    wow, people is dense.

if you put 2 people on a 2k diet, on of veggies and one on meat(deficit)

the meat one will lose weight, yes, but he would lose weight slower than the one in the veggies diet.

one would be hard pressed to eat 2K worth of veggies...and they would also be lacking nutritionally. vegans eat more than just veggies. i know fat vegetarians and fat vegans and fat omnivores.

lol, like if eating only meat is healthy...

Who eats only (or even mostly) meat? Do you think we are all eating a traditional Inuit diet or something?

the example i put was a 2k cals diet of only veggies and of 2k only meat, he bash the veggies one but the one that was only meat.

u getting it?

i didn't bash the veggies...i said you'd be hard pressed to eat 2K worth of veggies...and that you would also be lacking in nutrition...i only mentioned the veggie part because eating 2K worth of veggies is not remotely a realistic scenario whereas one could pretty easily eat 2K worth of meat...either scenario would result in nutritional deficiencies...

u getting it? probably not...you dense.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    In a 1999 poll, 87% of US respondents were unable to point to the USSR on a global map.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    This would be a silly strategy if you like meat. Many meat and poultry dishes are quite low in calories and many vegetarian dishes are high in calories. Protein is generally pretty filling and the things that have the best protein bang per calorie happen to be from animal sources.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    In a 1999 poll, 87% of US respondents were unable to point to the USSR on a global map.

In other news, 98.42% of all stats are made up.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for 5 years.
    Did it help me lose weight?
    Nope.

Just eat a balanced diet and stick to your calories... there are no "good" foods or "bad" foods. Cutting out food groups isn't the way to weight loss. When I stopped cutting foods out of my WOE, I lost weight without the stress. If I want a chocolate bar, I'll fit it in my calories. Weight gain doesn't occur unless you're eating more than your maintenance, no matter what food it is.

A calorie is a unit of energy, so yes, a calorie *is* a calorie.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    even lean proteins will make you gain more weight than a vegan diet eating the same amount of calories.

That is not possible, 1200 calories is 1200 calories no matter where it comes from, you just might have to eat more to reach 1200 calories from vegetables

no ma'am, a calorie is not a calorie.

No.

ETA: You are wrong.
    even lean proteins will make you gain more weight than a vegan diet eating the same amount of calories.

That is not possible, 1200 calories is 1200 calories no matter where it comes from, you just might have to eat more to reach 1200 calories from vegetables

no ma'am, a calorie is not a calorie.

No.

ETA: You are wrong.

no, im not.

Yes you is