Are you guys gonna quit the diet for christmas?

Options

Replies

• somegirlsdo
    somegirlsdo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am doing alternate-day-fasting, so I will just have my 2000-calorie days as my holiday food days, no problem!
  • JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I won't really be tracking on Christmas and New Years Eve since we always do finger foods and snack-type stuff. Just too difficult to keep track. But I will be consciously trying to eat more of the healthy-ish stuff than the unhealthy stuff and will stick to my 6 hour eating window.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I never quit the diet. I have bad days or 'I honestly don't care about calories' days but I don't quit, because the calories still count, and I still plan to get back on track the day after. I agree with the others that it's a lifestyle change, but as far as I'm concerned, I'll never say no to a dessert I only get once a year 'because I don't have the calories for it'. I can make up for it later, but I'll be damned if I pass on a special dessert.

Although this year it's probably not going to bad, on Christmas Eve we have a Mexican party and I don't care for it that much, so I will probably go for the healthy options anyway, and I'm not interested at all in the dessert my husband wants to make for Christmas dinner, and dessert is my downfall, so it should not be much of an issue not to go over too much (and we're hosting so the menu really won't be too bad calorie-wise).

Frankly though the last month has been so bad, I don't really want to go overboard for Christmas anyway... and we're too busy in the morning typically to make a special breakfast too.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I've been kind of maintaining since it got colder, so I'm going to go with that, and any happy surprises, until Winter is over. It makes me sad that I won't be losing, but I'm having a lot of trouble trying at the moment, and I don't want to get myself discouraged. As long as I don't gain, I'll be happeh
  • Formerly348
    Formerly348 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    No. I will follow a weekly calorie goal and fit in the stuff I want, as usual.

Merry Christmas

same here!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Not "dieting" now. I may eat a few more calories, but hey, a couple of days won't hurt me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    We're going out of town for a week for the holidays and I won't be tracking while we're away, but except for Christmas Day (I mean, c'mon! It's Christmas!) I'll be continuing to be aware of my food choices and portion sizes. I look at it as good practice for non-logging maintenance, which I'd like to achieve eventually :)

Santa's bringing me a bag of peanut butter M&Ms.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Santa's bringing me a bag of peanut butter M&Ms.

He better be bringing me some of those and some Raisinettes. If he knows what's good for him. ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Are you guys gonna quit the diet for christmas?

Absolutely!!

I'm taking a 2-week diet break over Christmas. :)

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Diet is a misused/misunderstood word...and the word quit, well it shouldn’t be in our vocabulary either :smiley: ....

It's not the few days per year that we eat with abandon that do the harm but the other 360+ days...

Enjoy Christmas and then get back on track asap :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    @PaulaWallaDingDong LOVE your profile name :smiley:
  • pirate_john_75
    pirate_john_75 Posts: 96 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I always say: Diet isn't a verb.

There's nothing wrong with indulging from time to time if the long-term averages are good. I am not ashamed to say that last Saturday I had friends over and we all ate pizza, and I drank soda and homemade lemonade. I easily ate over 4,000 calories.

Did I weigh more the next day? Of course. Was it wrong that I indulged? Of course not. I was back on track the next day, and over the last couple of weeks, my average intake is still just fine, and I'm still dropping pounds.
  • CitrusEscape
    CitrusEscape Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No. Never. This is a lifestyle change. Not a diet.
  • CitrusEscape
    CitrusEscape Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I am not on a "diet". I am making 24/7/365 changes to my lifestyle. I my goal is to make changes that work for me in all circumstances. I don't want to eat the way I used to. Why would I? I don't want to go to feeling the way I used to feel. Portion control solves most food choice challenges. My goal is to lose 2-3 lb by the end of the year, not to gain 10. Who's with me?
    This x1000
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I am fairly lenient when it comes to rare events like Christmas.

Not so lenient I go crazy, but lenient enough to enjoy the food and drink etc.

• brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    No I'm not going to take the days off. I'm at the point where I either am doing this or I'm not and moderation in all things will be key. I plan to log as accurately as possible and eat foods that will fuel my body and not make me miserable all day.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I'll probably stop counting after today, to be honest. Did the same thing last year, gained 7 lbs in 2 weeks and lost it all by the middle of January. Sometimes it's nice to be a normal person and just not give a crap. LOL

Right there with you. I will face the music in January.

• scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I guess from here on out until about January 9th, I'm just going to try and do my best since trying to avoid additional food is getting impossible. For the most part, I will aim to try and stay at some kind of a deficit thanks to additional exercise, but I'll be happy if I walk away from the holidays having only gained a pound or two.

I still have 2 work lunches, 2 Christmas dinners, 1 Christmas brunch, 1 family Christmas lunch, 1 evening of cocktails, 1 New Year's weekend trip and 1 New Year's dinner to get through. All of which all have the potential of being serious calorie bombs if I decide to just indulge.

Fortunately only the New Year's trip will be a time when I won't be doing any exercise, I'm really hoping that with exercise, I can at least stay at maintenance during all those other days, even if it means doing cardio every single day.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Not really. I'll be eating at maintenance.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I probably won't log Christmas day, and will definitely eat what I want but control portion size. Otherwise, sticking to my plan.