What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    The more weight I lose from my face, the bigger by nose looks!

And eyes too though! So it balances out. B)

• katekams
    katekams Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    _SKIM_ wrote: »

I have huge eyes and small nose - I haven't noticed that before and I'm really happy that they are visible now without round cheeks :)
  • caitlinrennes
    caitlinrennes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How totally weird properly fitting jeans can feel!

76600255.png
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    How good you feel when trying on old once too tight clothes which now fit perfectly. In a few months you might have to give them up for a smaller size so get your wear out of them while you can!
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    That the "drinking the extra water" will be hard on an old man's bladder!
  • aubcami916
    aubcami916 Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    saylorkw wrote: »
    That the "drinking the extra water" will be hard on an old man's bladder!

So true!!!! Feels like I'm getting my steps in just by going to the restroom! Lol
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    katekams wrote: »
    _SKIM_ wrote: »

I have huge eyes and small nose - I haven't noticed that before and I'm really happy that they are visible now without round cheeks :)

This was me 100% when my face got smaller people were like you have eyes OMG I have always had eyes I guess they just couldn't see it.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    How good you feel when trying on old once too tight clothes which now fit perfectly. In a few months you might have to give them up for a smaller size so get your wear out of them while you can!

So true! I have been 'closet shopping' since a couple of days. I can wear a lot of my smaller clothes now! It's so exciting !
    On the same note, I sometimes wonder how I was in denial about my growing size! Some of the clothes are getting loose and fitting so much better now. Yet I wore them at my highest weight! Now those dresses look so good, and fall well. So it kind of makes me cringe thinking of how I might have looked in the same dress at 10 lbs higher weight. :neutral:
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Nobody told me that my nipples would get smaller, along with everything else. Lol
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    votkuhr wrote: »
    Weight in, weight out. Cash in, cash out on new clothes. :'(
    Have gone from a size 16 to a size 6!

Great job!!!

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Nobody told me that my nipples would get smaller, along with everything else. Lol

Now that, I agree was definitely unexpected. Who'd have thunk?
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That beautiful sundress in the back of your closet that technically 'fits', but you won't wear because it's sooooo tight?
    Yeah. 80 lbs down, and it fits beautifully. Everywhere but my chest. This thing used to hold my boobs up all by itself, now I need a bra? And a strapless one at that, which I still can't find in my size for a price I'm willing to pay, so I STILL CAN'T WEAR THIS SUNDRESS!!!

AARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm terrified to wear strapless anything. I just do not believe things will stay up. I'm imagining scandal, 10 o'clock news, etc.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Nausicca55 wrote: »
    If I get asked "How did you lose so much weight?" I am just going to reply "The Mafia was involved."

Unfortunately this one is too close to be truthful for me. :naughty:

• SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    That you can't control where you lose the weight from and when (aside from toning which may or may not help in the future). So, if you're like me and had a flat butt before you gained weight, then a big butt when you got big... you may end up with a big butt after losing the weight, too. Or if you had a big one, you may end up with a small one. Who the heck knows. Weight loss is weird.

No one ever told me that people would literally start treating me differently. It truly brought out the worst in some people, and I quickly learned which of my friends were shallow, and which were actually worth keeping around.
  • chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That your husband tells you you look better even after only losing 5.8 pounds in a week. That you don't lose the weight where you want to right away, waist belly
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!