What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    sphkhn wrote: »
    That you can still eat pizza and lose weight! Within reason of course.
    The places you want to lose weight the most are the last to go.
    The gym is not a scary place.

^ AGREE!
    still trying to lose the moobs!

• Shandrith
    Shandrith Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    saylorkw wrote: »
    sphkhn wrote: »
    That you can still eat pizza and lose weight! Within reason of course.
    The places you want to lose weight the most are the last to go.
    The gym is not a scary place.

^ AGREE!
    still trying to lose the moobs!

they will come off eventually.

• crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My fingers were numb and tingling when I was cold after swimming today. That used to happen all the time when I was in college, skinny, and teaching swim lessons. I had forgotten all about that...
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    When Push comes to shove, you have to stick up for yourself, no one else will do it, not even health care providers. after 140+ pounds lost, I still have to be Vigilant to get a retest of my sleep apnea, so my CPAP machine will have the correct settings. With these health systems, one hand does not seem to talk to another. I finally have the actual test scheduled.

great point. Blood pressure and thyroid medications should be monitored closely too. I think that may have been mentioned on here already but it bears repeating.

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    People, even doctors, won't get or believe how you are doing it:-)

This! I went to my doctor and the nurse she said she noticed I was losing weight and asked if it was on purpose. I told her yes and she asked what I was doing. I told her I was monitoring my caloric intake and starting to get into weight lifting and running on alternate days. She said in the most skeptical tone, "Well it SOUNDS like you're doing all the right things."

Uhm...I know I am because I look and feel SO much better than I have for years.

Thankfully, my doctor was much more understanding and far less skeptical. She wants me to check in with her when I lose another 20 pounds to see 'where my head is at because women seem to develop an unhealthy obsession with these things.' She isn't too worried because I have a good support net and so far things look great, but I like that she wants to keep an eye on things.

I just can't believe some medical professionals sometimes. :disappointed:
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    misjent wrote: »
    Your morning breadth will be just horrific!

So glad you said this! I kind of thought it was just me! But yeah...it is horrible!

This is from losing weight? I thought it was from getting older lol!!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    How bloating and disgusting it feels to have a day where you eat the way the old you did. After Valentine's Day I couldn't wait to go back to not eating much!

This is the opposite for me, my metabolism has changed so much that when I eat the things I used to, I don't bloat and gain the way I used to.. But I can't really eat the way I used to either.. Unless Aunt Flo is visiting, then I just feel bloated anyway so I just attribute it all to that!
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Same dress. No spanx.

This!!! I love this feeling. I just threw out my spanx last week, so satisfying!
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »
    Same dress. No spanx.

This!!! I love this feeling. I just threw out my spanx last week, so satisfying!

I have to wear nothing under my wedding dress best feeling ever!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!