how nice it is to actually walk up a hill and not get cramp in your legs

Amen
  • aubned92
    aubned92 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Sometimes you can lose lots of weight and still be wearing the same clothing. I had to trade in my shoes because they were too big, but my clothing is just kind of loose on me now. In a way it is good because I haven't had to spend extra money on it yet, but it is also bad because I'm still wearing the same old tents.

I had to quote myself because I has an epiphany earlier. I went shopping and saw something I liked so I went to try it on. In the dressing room before I took off my clothing I caught sight of myself in the mirror and I really looked at myself. My clothing looks massive. My jeans look like I'm wearing a sag so deep that if you could see the top of my jeans (you can't, huge shirt) you'd be able to see my underwear. I knew my clothing was a little loose, but I seriously did not notice they were that big. These were the jeans I couldn't fit into before. So, I am amending my earlier statement. You can lose weight and still be wearing the same clothing, but maybe pay better attention to how your clothing is actually fitting versus how you think it is fitting.

I ended up buying clothing that is several sizes smaller and dancing out of the changing room much to the amusement of the attendant.

I often notice in "after" pictures …some people wear the same old clothes and have the same unkept haircut and overall look as they did when they were overweight.

I say get new fitting clothes and rock a new look that you've earned. However, I understand there must be a real psychological thing about not really seeing the potential of the new them.

Part of it is because we can't believe it.

I'm finally in the process of digging out my "skinny clothes" and packing away my heavy clothes. But I continued to wear the heavy clothes until they were quite literally falling off me because I would look in the closet at a smaller skirt, think about the last time I wore it and how uncomfortable it was, and then reach for one I knew was bigger. The trouble with that was that I've overshot an entire collection of clothes ... the somewhat smaller stuff that had been uncomfortable would have been just right for several months, but I've continued to lose weight and now they are too big.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that getting dressed in the morning is so much quicker. It isn't for me because I'm wrestling with what I think fits and what actually fits.

Maybe it will be better when I finish trying on absolutely everything in closet ... and getting rid of the big stuff so it isn't even on the radar.

I agree with not getting stuck where you were. Get rid of the BIG clothes. Treat yourself to new, smaller clothes, get a new-do, etc. Embrace your VICTORY and the confidence that comes with. I'm unrecognizable compared to the "old" me. Thank God!!!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    When people look at me concerned (after they ask if I've lost weight and I say yes) - "Did you mean to?" Ummm..... yes. Yes I did thank you. ;)
  • ready2go1984
    ready2go1984 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for these posts- I've read them all over the last week and they're inspiring me to keep going on this journey to fitness. I've had a lot of success with improving my eating alone and am now trying to get in some more exercise, which is still a challenge. Don't know what that thing is that suddenly changes in you that makes you kick it up a notch, but I'm trying to get there. At least the eating healthier has gotten easier now that it's a part of my daily routine. Trying to focus on how great it feels when my previously-roomy pants/skirts are basically falling off now when I'm walking and to use that as motivation to keep it up... I'm almost halfway to my goal!
  • ready2go1984
    ready2go1984 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trying to focus on how great it feels when my previously-roomy pants/skirts are basically falling off now when I'm walking and to use that as motivation to keep it up... I'm almost halfway to my goal!

Whoops! Meant that my previously-tight pants're falling off... whoo hoo for the potentially-embarrassing NSVs!
  • aubned92
    Options
    Small things like having a tailbone that makes sitting in a car or Ina plane for long periods of time quite painful.

I know it's been said but my knobby knees knocking together when I lay down.

Being very comfortable with no shirt on (my wife laughs about that one)

I have ribs for gods sake

One major one is patients and friends asking behind my back if I have cancer or something. And yes people don't always believe it's as easy as counting calories and exercise.

People approach my mom often and ask them if I am sick as well. At least its better then when people ask me if I have a relationship with the toilet...

People approach me and ask me if I'm sick. I get the ol' arm around the waist all of a sudden, and someone murmuring in my ear, "Are you all right? I've been concerned. You've lost weight. Are you sick?" One person wouldn't let it go at a morning tea ... kept following me around asking me if I was sure I wasn't sick.

Omg... Me too. People assume I'm dick or dying. Insane!! But when I was huge no one worried about my health. Go figure
  • aubned92
    Options
    Thank you all so much for these posts- I've read them all over the last week and they're inspiring me to keep going on this journey to fitness. I've had a lot of success with improving my eating alone and am now trying to get in some more exercise, which is still a challenge. Don't know what that thing is that suddenly changes in you that makes you kick it up a notch, but I'm trying to get there. At least the eating healthier has gotten easier now that it's a part of my daily routine. Trying to focus on how great it feels when my previously-roomy pants/skirts are basically falling off now when I'm walking and to use that as motivation to keep it up... I'm almost halfway to my goal!

IMO, the clean/healthy eating is the best way to start!! You're doing great - keep it up!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    How wobbly everything suddenly becomes as the weight goes off lol, and how much fun you can have walking up stairs, as in at first they were killing me, now I do our 3 flight of stairs twice over when I have a break from work :smile:

and how obsessed I can become with calories, note to self, washing powder does not contain calories!!!
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    How hard it is for others to simply congratulate you on your hard earned success and just be happy for you.
    And how others honestly don't know how to be supportive of your willingness to NOT indulge (stuff your face) just because it's holiday season. Totally outside of their life parameters to be able to say no thank you to the treat that, just by looking at it, I can tell won't be worth the calories it will cost me. Especially if it's a prepackaged item.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    When you're at the gym and lift a dumbbell matching your weight loss (just for the purpose of feeling what that much weight feels like) and you say to yourself "Holy Crap! That's heavy!".

I was lugging 15 litre jugs of water around on the weekend and thinking how heavy those things are ... I've lost 25 kg, so almost 2 of those. Hard to imagine!! No wonder I was having difficulties climbing hills.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    aubned92 wrote: »
    Small things like having a tailbone that makes sitting in a car or Ina plane for long periods of time quite painful.

I know it's been said but my knobby knees knocking together when I lay down.

Being very comfortable with no shirt on (my wife laughs about that one)

I have ribs for gods sake

One major one is patients and friends asking behind my back if I have cancer or something. And yes people don't always believe it's as easy as counting calories and exercise.

People approach my mom often and ask them if I am sick as well. At least its better then when people ask me if I have a relationship with the toilet...

People approach me and ask me if I'm sick. I get the ol' arm around the waist all of a sudden, and someone murmuring in my ear, "Are you all right? I've been concerned. You've lost weight. Are you sick?" One person wouldn't let it go at a morning tea ... kept following me around asking me if I was sure I wasn't sick.

Omg... Me too. People assume I'm dick or dying. Insane!! But when I was huge no one worried about my health. Go figure

My allergist did this to me on Friday.

I visit her once a month, walked in, sat down, and she asked me for the name of my GP. I thought that was a bit odd ... and I'm pretty sure she has it anyway. But basically she was going to ring my GP and tell her that she needed to get me in for an appointment ASAP.

My allergist was all concerned that I've lost way too much weight, and thought I needed a complete physical and diet assessment to make sure I was OK.

The thing is, I now weigh what I've weighed most of my adult life. I am within the normal BMI range, although at the low end. As far as I'm concerned, I'm "me" again. But the people here have never seen "me" because I only moved here 2 years ago and I was some heavier person then. Plus the fact that she only sees me once a month ... I expect my weightloss has come as something of a surprise to her.

But I figure I'm going to get a call from my GP soon.

• magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    How wobbly everything suddenly becomes as the weight goes off lol, and how much fun you can have walking up stairs, as in at first they were killing me, now I do our 3 flight of stairs twice over when I have a break from work :smile:

and how obsessed I can become with calories, note to self, washing powder does not contain calories!!!

Hahaha, I've picked up non-food items before and done the same thing. So glad it's not just me :)
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »

Hahaha, I've picked up non-food items before and done the same thing. So glad it's not just me :)

I suppose if you want to get technical, everything has calories, even the washing powder ;) A calorie is a unit of measure not just solely for edible items.

My NSV for today is that one of the people who visited from an overseas office thought I was a new employee, not the one she's been dealing with weekly for the past 5 years (but hadn't seen in 2).
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That my once large breasts look like half-deflated balloons. I thought I'd just need a tummy tuck, now I'm sure it's also a breast lift.

How even more critical I can become of my body. How much MORE often I am examining my body and pointing the negatives out to myself.

How frustrated I can become when the scale plays tricks on me.

This has become huge to me and when I get myself down because I have done it that's when I love myself for making my before and after collages. Cause than its like look what you have done your amazing lol.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just bumping this up because I love reading this!
  • Kitty_Nikki
    Kitty_Nikki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump, so I can keep track of this great thread
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That I would become somewhat (a lot) judgemental about others food choices. I'm so sorry!!! I just want to help (i don't say anything out loud) But when the lady at work is cramming a 1000+ calorie meal in her piehole (yes I looked it up on mfp) and complaining about HOW SHE CAN'T SEEM TO LOSE WEIGHT it's so hard to not say then put that down.
    I want to lead everyone to MFP but it's the horse to water thing right?!

This is me too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!