What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• crossfit_chrissie
    crossfit_chrissie Posts: 4 Member
    Beanogirl wrote: »
    You will lose some friends who see you as a threat! Just let them go.....

Yep! It is so sad, but the truth.

• Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    How after a few weeks your hunger and cravings simply vanish. I can barely eat a whole meal now that I'm able to distinguish between actually hungry and satiated/full.
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    amyhs12345 wrote: »
    I have only lost about 15 pounds so far so maybe someone of these are only true for me:
    - you will still have cravings for the unhealthy foods you used to eat like chips and pizza... I am still waiting for the day when I don't think Cheetos are delicious
    - when your sister or other close people don't comment on your weight loss you start to question if you even look any different than before
    - weight loss can start to consume so many of your thoughts to where I sometimes questions if it is healthy to think about it so much
    - but overall how much your confidence will increase and make you wonder why you waited so long to do this

"- when your sister or other close people don't comment on your weight loss you start to question if you even look any different than before"

This is so true!!! I have a few close friends who have said nothing about my weight loss I know they are there for me but just haven't commented on it.
  • HowlinAl
    HowlinAl Posts: 277 Member
    bulk_n_cut wrote: »
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »
    Men - For every 10 pounds of weight loss you "gain" an inch. This is because the "fat pad" is smaller and allows more of your barbell to show.

not even remotely true, dont get your hopes up too much men.
    if losing 50lbs gained 5 inches, there'd be 0 overweight men in the world

Ha! No kidding! I wish! Yes, there has been a difference... And no, I don't know how much. I'm obsessed with myself, sure, but not enough so to start measuring my Old Feller.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Beanogirl wrote: »
    You will lose some friends who see you as a threat! Just let them go.....

Yep! It is so sad, but the truth.

This makes me sad, I haven't lost any of my friends over losing weight. There are some acquaintances who got a little weird, but nothing crazy. I have gained some friends, from the activities I have added to my life.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    That you might receive wanted and unwanted comments about your loss and ultimately it's up to you to decide how you want your body to look.

• pjnva
    pjnva Posts: 17 Member
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    I find that I'm not trying to run out of the camera's way quite as much. Also since losing weight in my face, my resting b*tch face appears to be less severe now, which I think is making me more approachable.

"resting b*tch face" I love it. I too have an unapproachable look on my resting face. I just never knew how to phrase it. now I know :+1:

PJnVA
    16409358.png

• craftyfox2014
    craftyfox2014 Posts: 11 Member
    I love this thread! I remember finding whatever that bone is below the collarbone...I thought I had a tumor for about a week before I realized what it was! Duh!

I had that scare to when I felt my collar bone for the first time, I thought I'd fractured something it and it was sticking out :)

This thread is a awsome read <3
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    HowlinAl wrote: »
    FrostAyy wrote: »
    Nobody tells you about all the loose skin.

This is my biggest fear.

It's an interesting quirk of human psychology among the overweight, I guess, that everyone is so fixated on loose skin. Why is it that folks at the beginning of their weight loss journey worry about this? I'm not exempt, I did all kinds of research on the subject too, asked a bunch of questions, and thought about it way too much. Now that I've lost 100+ I can honestly say that I couldn't possibly care less about loose skin! Yes, I have some, maybe a lot. Who cares! I feel and look so much better, loose skin doesn't matter. At. All.

Yeah, like if your skin is going to be loose, you won't loose weight?! I like being alive so I will discipline myself down to a healthy body fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!