What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    BeckyGor05 wrote: »
    You don't have to buy jeans as frequently! Before I lost weight I could get through a pair of jeans in a few months as they would just wear away between the thighs (thank you chub rub!)

Now, I've had my jeans for 6months+ and the only reason for buying new ones would be because they're getting to big!

THIS!!! So much this. . . . I can't remember the last time I wore a hole in the thigh/crotch area of my jeans!
  • UnicornInTheMaking17
    Options
    taymam wrote: »
    That some people won't be happy for you, and that's OK. One of my good friends is in a rut right now and just gets upset by seeing other people succeed. She wishes she could be the one to buy a house or lose weight. I go out of my way to never talk about my calorie counting around her because she's made it perfectly clear it will never happen for her. And with that attitude she's right. It took me years to save up the money to buy a house and it will take at least a year to get to my goal weight and smart eating afterwards to stay there. Not everyone is ready to put in the work everyday. Which is fine, I didn't decide to lose weight because of her. I did it for myself.

I can relate to this. People often tell me how I am so lucky. I have a great saying for this " I know it's crazy isn't it? The harder I work the luckier I get" :smiley:

I love that! People tell me that too, that I'm lucky I can do it... I'm going to have to use your line, Thanks ;)
  • jenn3365
    jenn3365 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    You will sometimes get annoyed or even angry when people offer you seconds or say you "deserve" a treat. I'm trying to lose weight! Extra calories means more work for me! Back off! (I'm still training my boyfriend about this).

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    I can do my shoelaces up without suffocating
    My hips have stopped hurting. I didn't realise they were hurting until they stopped.
    Telling people that I've lost weight and have them say "wow! I didn't realise you were that fat!"
    That kinda hurts.
    Other people who notice my weight loss accuse me of taking drugs or doing some fad diet. Telling me not to get rid of my now too big work uniform because "I'll need it when I gain it all back" seriously???? Thanks for the confidence boost. Not.

But the good outweighs the bad.

This is the first post I read this morning. Ha! Loved it! Well said, and I can relate!

• akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Lord007 wrote: »
    - I inspired the people who originally inspired me to get started on this
    [/i]. B)

^THIS^

I've been working with a trainer for several months and yesterday he complimented me on my progress, and said how much he was learning professionally from this "project" of taking a 56-year old formerly sedentary and 80-lbs overweight guy to a state of (almost) fitness!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    - That, if you're a woman, you will lose your boobs as you get smaller… It seems obvious but nobody really expects it to happen and it's always a bit sad when it does haha

I wish I would lose my boobs. I have to get pretty small for it to happen and I'm not getting there. boo.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    - That, if you're a woman, you will lose your boobs as you get smaller… It seems obvious but nobody really expects it to happen and it's always a bit sad when it does haha

I wish I would lose my boobs. I have to get pretty small for it to happen and I'm not getting there. boo.

That's where I lost weight first. Made me a sad panda :( But on the other hand, the bra's available to you get much prettier
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Same boat. Also, losing weight changes your center of gravity, so I've been experiencing some breast related back pain. I'm going bra shopping next week with high hope that it might help because I don't like the idea of surgery.

Don't get me wrong, for the sake of my health and sanity, I WILL do it, but it is still surgery.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Same boat. Also, losing weight changes your center of gravity, so I've been experiencing some breast related back pain. I'm going bra shopping next week with high hope that it might help because I don't like the idea of surgery.

Don't get me wrong, for the sake of my health and sanity, I WILL do it, but it is still surgery.

It's definitely better if it happens naturally. I might consider surgery if I end up stuck around this weight, but I'd rather not.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    That certain foods just don't taste as good as they used to. I bought jelly babies yesterday as I fancied them, I had a few and realised they were just not as tasty as i remembered them and not worth it for the cals per sweet so I gave them to my husband. That's not the first time that has happened either.
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That you will feel like you are leaning forward when you walk but that the reality is that you aren't leaning back to balance the belly. :)
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    KaiUneeda wrote: »
    When you wear clothes that actually fit, you cannot sneak snacks into the cinema.

Ha! This is so true! My kids were trying to give me all their stuff the other night ( like they've done their entire lives) but I didn't have any pockets in my leggings and only had a tiny purse!
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options

That's where I lost weight first. Made me a sad panda :( But on the other hand, the bra's available to you get much prettier

I am excited that my bras don't "strangle" me and cut into me... I fit back into them again!
  • triddering
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    That certain foods just don't taste as good as they used to. I bought jelly babies yesterday as I fancied them, I had a few and realised they were just not as tasty as i remembered them and not worth it for the cals per sweet so I gave them to my husband. That's not the first time that has happened either.

That happened to me with lasagna and pizza... They used to be my favorites and last time I had them, they didn't sit well with me... Lots of stomach pain... Now, the thought of them, just gives me a stomach ache!
  • triddering
    Options

I have had to go to the chiropractor a lot and I am emphasizing abdominal exercises to strengthen my core and help my back from its pain, though it isn't because of breast weight, but rather hip and heel pain as a result of my back not having enough support.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    how nice it is to actually walk up a hill and not get cramp in your legs
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!