What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• mamadukes23
    mamadukes23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    + You realize you don't need to go into the handicap stall in the bathroom any more to feel like you have enough room. Strange things like that.

This right here!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    becbo22 wrote: »
    That I would become somewhat (a lot) judgemental about others food choices. I'm so sorry!!! I just want to help (i don't say anything out loud) But when the lady at work is cramming a 1000+ calorie meal in her piehole (yes I looked it up on mfp) and complaining about HOW SHE CAN'T SEEM TO LOSE WEIGHT it's so hard to not say then put that down.
    I want to lead everyone to MFP but it's the horse to water thing right?!

This is me too.

Me too but I keep quiet unless they ask me. I have a lady at work who has been trying to lose for years. I saw that she ate from the faculty salad bar one day which is good, but she had a very very large portion of chicken salad with several crackers to dip in it along with her salad with a lot of creamy dressing. Why do people always assume that all salads are low calorie? I can easily make a salad add up to 500 calories if I put nuts, seeds, eggs, cheese, and croutons on it. I mean it's good and good for me, but I have to weigh every item and it's an eye opener! But yeah- I just don't say anything to people who complain and then just eat a LOT of food.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    I'm starting to get a bit judgemental of people and their fad diets. I was talking to a lady today who is on the rainbow diet. Each day is a different color. Today was her red day. So she was drinking a red soft drink and eating red velvet cake preaching about how she's going to lose all these kilos and how I'm wasting my time weighing my foods and counting calories. :rage: [/quote

I was having lunch with a friend and her sister. We are all discussing our methods for weight loss. The sister said how proud of herself she is for not eating any french fries for 2 weeks, then ordered deep fried onion rings. I almost shot water out me nose trying not to laugh.
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That I would become somewhat (a lot) judgemental about others food choices. I'm so sorry!!! I just want to help (i don't say anything out loud) But when the lady at work is cramming a 1000+ calorie meal in her piehole (yes I looked it up on mfp) and complaining about HOW SHE CAN'T SEEM TO LOSE WEIGHT it's so hard to not say then put that down.

This is me too.

Me too but I keep quiet unless they ask me. I have a lady at work who has been trying to lose for years. I saw that she ate from the faculty salad bar one day which is good, but she had a very very large portion of chicken salad with several crackers to dip in it along with her salad with a lot of creamy dressing. Why do people always assume that all salads are low calorie? I can easily make a salad add up to 500 calories if I put nuts, seeds, eggs, cheese, and croutons on it. I mean it's good and good for me, but I have to weigh every item and it's an eye opener! But yeah- I just don't say anything to people who complain and then just eat a LOT of food.

Add me to the list of judgmental people. Sigh... I don't judge peoples grocery carts, bc I eat everything so you don't know my life. I just portion and track! BUT there is a lady who sits next to me at work, and I swear she has "found" every pound I've lost. She eats all day long. It really stresses me out sometimes bc it makes me hungry and want to eat too! And I have found myself making comments like, "Do you know how many calories are in that!?" And one day I tracked everything she ate just so I could see...

I feel guilty bc if someone had done that to me I would have felt ashamed and embarrassed. o.0
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    rhianna818 wrote: »

This is me too.

Add me to the list of judgmental people. Sigh... I don't judge peoples grocery carts, bc I eat everything so you don't know my life. I just portion and track! BUT there is a lady who sits next to me at work, and I swear she has "found" every pound I've lost. She eats all day long. It really stresses me out sometimes bc it makes me hungry and want to eat too! And I have found myself making comments like, "Do you know how many calories are in that!?" And one day I tracked everything she ate just so I could see...

I feel guilty bc if someone had done that to me I would have felt ashamed and embarrassed. o.0

That's me too! The receptionists at work are constantly complaining about their growing spare tyres and one joked that I was "teleporting my fat onto her". Last week I saw them each tucking into 362 calories worth of this:

gasdphd7xo51.jpg

At lunchtime! On a WEDNESDAY! It wasn't even a special occasion or anything!

• tiffunnyx
    tiffunnyx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely a emotional roller coaster as mentioned! 70 lbs down and still feel as if this were my first time on the ride

No one tells me how much easier it is to wear heels now that there's less of me

That I can actually be freezing in 70F weather

sometimes you think you've "accidentally" grabbed the wrong size clothes until you realize that they actually fit

That you'll want a cheat meal but it's not as satisfying when you get it because of how unhealthy it is and the ridiculous number of calories it contains

But also didn't expect my mind to take so long to adjust as I still see myself exactly the same in the mirror (so I try to do side by side pics to force myself to see the difference)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    Today I went to the Employee Rec office to use some of their Fit Dollars to get a jacket (you track steps, miles, exercise time each month and they send you fake money to buy all kinds of stuff with the hospital logo on them, most of it fitness related). The woman showed me the shelf, I picked up the small since half my wardrobe is small now, but saw how SMALL it was and figured it wouldn't fit. It did :blush: Whoever said the brain is the last place to lose weight wasn't kidding. Sometimes it's so hard to see the reality.
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Options
    I'm starting to get a bit judgemental of people and their fad diets. I was talking to a lady today who is on the rainbow diet. Each day is a different color. Today was her red day. So she was drinking a red soft drink and eating red velvet cake preaching about how she's going to lose all these kilos and how I'm wasting my time weighing my foods and counting calories. :rage:

That is so funny!!
  • Daph1285
    Daph1285 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thinking about how I'm not going to have anymore muffin top. I can fit into sexy clothing without nothing hanging out.
  • nise82
    nise82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love this! I just started and need to lose 40.. Only 2 so far. Hardest thing for me is giving up my wine:/
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What I didn't think of was how medication would make you feel different. I took a Norco yesterday after surgery and it made me feel higher than a kit. I use to take them and they just made me sleepy. I will have to take this into consideration now when I get new meds.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options

I've had my father's girlfriend try to convince me that I've lost weight. She kept saying it over and over, like I didn't believe her.
    "You've lost weight"
    "Thank you!"
    "No, like you've lost weight. A lot."
    "Yes, thank you!"
    "No, Angelfire. Like, you've lost a lot."
    "Yes, I'm aware. Thanks?"
    "No, like, I mean it. A lot."

Yes, 70lbs is a lot. I was tempted to as if that's why the ginch I buy is smaller. . .

Lol. Is she trying to convince you? You've LOST... you don't know where it went. In case you didn't realise you are missing a sizable part of you! Almost like: it's an expensive piece of jewelry how can you be so casual about losing it? :smiley:
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get a bit judgemental of people and their fad diets. I was talking to a lady today who is on the rainbow diet. Each day is a different color. Today was her red day. So she was drinking a red soft drink and eating red velvet cake preaching about how she's going to lose all these kilos and how I'm wasting my time weighing my foods and counting calories. :rage:

Probably the red velvet cake didn't have the cream cheese icing which would have messed up her colors; so she saved a few calories there.

I am wondering what her blue, indigo and violet days look like...
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    chaos2k wrote: »
    I feel better than I have in 20 years. I just hit my 60lbs goal yesterday. only complaint is I'm alot more cold these days especially frozen fingers.
    I put up a blog post with some before and after pics and more info
    http://brianboudreauphotography.com/in-the-news/day-200-and-60lbs-lighter/

I read your blog post. Congrats on your hard work and newfound health! The photos are great too. Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!