Join me in the sprint to Christmas!

Options

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm just under my calorie goal and did my hour long workout.
  • mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Already got my workout in for the day! Let's crush it today y'all! TGIF!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Had my weigh in for another challenge this morning and I met my goal for the week!

I'm giving this challenge all the credit for my success because I had a difficult weekend and then I found you guys and got snapped back into shape!

I've got my game plan for the day and I'm ready to go!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    woot!
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Did my workoutand stayed under calories yesterday!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Marikanna wrote: »
    Did my workoutand stayed under calories yesterday!

Yes!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Guys Christmas Eve is less than a week away. Can you believe it! Think of how great you'll feel when you wake up next Thursday morning. You were given a choice to dig yourself a deeper hole before the most difficult eating time of the year, or make some real progress with more energy and feeling great. It's really no contest! Proud of everyone here!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Looking at my c25k app, I realized what I ran yesterday was the completion of it! I feel extremely thrilled about that. Since last year in August (when I was running 5k plus 5 days a week) I had a toe injury that still causes nerve pain in bottom of my foot, had 3 gout flare ups, and then also fluid retention in lower legs. All which led to me not being able to get past the first week of c25k. Till two months ago, I was able to figure things out, take the necessary diet steps and now I've completed it. A slower pace then I use to but I don't care, I'm just over the moon to be running again.

This is the last week till Christmas, our store should hopefully be crazy busy, it's been tough this week with eating. Maybe I'll be so busy this week I won't have much thought about food. We will see. I haven't done what I've wanted to, but I still have done more than I was before this group started. And I really appreciate the encouragement here! You guys are all awesome and doing great!!
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wish I had found this thread sooner. I could definitely use some encouragement this last week before Christmas. I did so well the first week of December then got way off track. It started with making excuses for not getting on the treadmill, and now it's giving into food cravings. Yesterday and today have been much better with food, and as much as I don't want to get on the treadmill, I know I'll feel so much better if I do.

So, joining late, but my goals for the next 6 days are to stay within calories and do an hour on the treadmill each day. I really need to get it back into gear!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    LuckyAndi wrote: »
    I wish I had found this thread sooner. I could definitely use some encouragement this last week before Christmas. I did so well the first week of December then got way off track. It started with making excuses for not getting on the treadmill, and now it's giving into food cravings. Yesterday and today have been much better with food, and as much as I don't want to get on the treadmill, I know I'll feel so much better if I do.

So, joining late, but my goals for the next 6 days are to stay within calories and do an hour on the treadmill each day. I really need to get it back into gear!

It's never too late. Welcome!
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You guys are so inspiring :)
    Got a 5k run in and feeling excited!!
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great day here. Staying positive. Little sore so taking it easy. Made my 10000 steps. Under my calorie goal too. Happy ready for a big Saturday am workout. Pax y'all
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes actually I started my "sprint to Christmas" on Tuesday, and plan on going at it hard until after the holiday. I have a few extra Cals on party days, but I won't be changing my overall plan. I have a little two week hand made calendar to show me it isn't very long at all and put my destination in sight. My motivation is having a Christmas where I actually lose, not gain!
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    mameo wrote: »
    Day 1 stayed within goal and walked for an hour after dinner and so far of Day 2 is great. I can eat well all day and even my dinner, but it is around 9-10pm when I am looking to put something in my stomach. Last night I ate some peanuts - but wish I could learn to love that empty pit stomach feeling. Any ideas?

Honestly I have learned to live with it and go to bed truly hungry every night. You do get used to it, it just takes some time. It's a little cooky, but I like to remember that when I'm hungry, my body is looking for fuel and since my stomach isn't offering any, my body is turning to fat for fuel. Hungry=fat burning. Okay I know it doesn't necessarily mean that, the deficit is what counts, but by deciding not to fill myself up I'm deciding to try to use the body fat instead. It helps me :)
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,223 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in please! I was under my cals yesterday and plan to be the same today. Going to avoid stocking the house with junk food this year!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    I'd like to join in please! I was under my cals yesterday and plan to be the same today. Going to avoid stocking the house with junk food this year!

It's never too late!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Proud of everyone in here! And listen, I know, the weekend is here. And this may be the hardest part of the sprint to Christmas. But we can do it. Trust me! We can! Whenever you feel a weak moment feel free to come in here and tell us about it. We're here to help! Less than a week away!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    I stayed within my calorie goal even though I did taste a few very small and very delicious cookies as they came out of the oven. I walked 4.75 miles this morning.

Tomorrow will be like a regular day for me because I have to work. I will probably do some shopping and go to dinner in the evening, but I know exactly which resturant and exactly which meal I will have so it will be pre logged!

Stay strong on Saturday folks! We can do it!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Wow, I got a bit off track over the last few days. Turns out this week has just been too busy and not enough sleep. Tried to do weights on Thursday evening and had to stop as I was dizzy. No training Thursday or Friday, although I did scrub Anaconda cage on Thursday and spend 5 hours at sea for a seal and turtle release on Friday. Haven't been logging food and been eating a bit off target. Today is mostly healthy options and I got in a good hard 45 minutes of BJJ even in my exhausted state (competition endurance training as well as technique). Working all weekend, which will hopefully include a swim or two with the seals.
    Monday I will be back to training (Sunday is often my rest day, especially if I am working) and I will log food from tomorrow again.
    Well done to those who are sticking with their plans.
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow, I got a bit off track over the last few days. Turns out this week has just been too busy and not enough sleep. Tried to do weights on Thursday evening and had to stop as I was dizzy. No training Thursday or Friday, although I did scrub Anaconda cage on Thursday and spend 5 hours at sea for a seal and turtle release on Friday. Haven't been logging food and been eating a bit off target. Today is mostly healthy options and I got in a good hard 45 minutes of BJJ even in my exhausted state (competition endurance training as well as technique). Working all weekend, which will hopefully include a swim or two with the seals.
    Monday I will be back to training (Sunday is often my rest day, especially if I am working) and I will log food from tomorrow again.
    Well done to those who are sticking with their plans.

Wow!! Sounds like a fun life/job!

I haven't done so well either, I think being so tired makes it the hardest to stay on track. I just keep working at it and moving forward, trying to keep my head in the game!