What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    patesq wrote: »
    One of my goals has been to get back into jeans - I haven't worn them in at least 25 years. My daughter and I went to Old Navy today and I decided to give it a try now that I've lost 67 lbs. I pulled a 16 and an 18 off the shelf and headed to the changing room, hoping that one of them would fit. I pulled on the 18 and it was WAY TOO BIG! I tried the 16 and it was close enough that I walked out of the dressing room to get daughter's approval. The employee running the changing room said, no, those are too big. You need to go back and get a 14. A 14, on me. I couldn't believe it when they fit. I am so excited. I think the Old Navy employee got a kick out of it. My 16 year old daughter wasn't sure what to think - she's never seen me in jeans. I've got a ways to go so only 1 pair for now but it's a big step forward for me.

AWESOME NSV !!!

Thank you!! I can't believe how excited I was. And, today, finally, I am actually wearing those jeans and here's proof, compared to what I looked like in November 2014 (most recent "before" picture I can find)! And that's a size large on the polo, not XL, not XXL, just plain old large!

p26pmg7jma4b.jpg

97078419.png
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    My new cat: Smokey. Now I can feed him snacks instead of me. :)

k64mo3q372wt.jpg

Omfg your car is a dead ringer for mine!!!!9qfpvat63q8s.jpg
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I made myself an figure hugging tight skirt about three months ago. As it was left over fabric I used every little bit of it. The lining however is usally made 1-2mm wider as it does not stretch and I forgot to do that. It fit and and looked nice but when sitting down it was a little snug due to the non stretch in the lining.
    Today I tried it on again; it will be a nice, pretty and above all comfortable wear next week at the family christmas dinner on boxing day :smiley:

For christmas day I made a tunic/dress. When I made it I was 100% certain I'd shorten it to wear as a tunic on a black skirt. Tried it on when ready. It is shorter than I usually wear (just above the knee) and VERY form hugging. Let's just say I had not dared wearing anything like it for at least a decade (or two) I am wearing it christmas day.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I made myself an figure hugging tight skirt about three months ago. As it was left over fabric I used every little bit of it. The lining however is usally made 1-2mm wider as it does not stretch and I forgot to do that. It fit and and looked nice but when sitting down it was a little snug due to the non stretch in the lining.
    Today I tried it on again; it will be a nice, pretty and above all comfortable wear next week at the family christmas dinner on boxing day :smiley:

For christmas day I made a tunic/dress. When I made it I was 100% certain I'd shorten it to wear as a tunic on a black skirt. Tried it on when ready. It is shorter than I usually wear (just above the knee) and VERY form hugging. Let's just say I had not dared wearing anything like it for at least a decade (or two) I am wearing it christmas day.

Love this, great job!! And I seriously envy your sewing skills!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Went to Hubby's work do last night. Saw a lady who has lost 5 stone this year with SW. She has tried to diet for years but this time she got it and she looks amazing. She said seeing me change since we first met inspired her to stick with it (I lost 5 stone too). We had a big girly moment!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Today I noticed I don't have any more chubrub! Also, I can touch my face to my shoes again while stretching in the butterfly position. Before when I used to dance as a teen/child it was easy but once my gut took over it was impossible. Not anymore :D
  • MacHaloC
    MacHaloC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a birthday lunch for a coworker. I didn't eat any cake!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I did a jingle bell fun run/walk today that's just under 5k. I walk and beat last years time by 15 minutes!
  • LowCoffinLucifie
    LowCoffinLucifie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My pants are so lose that without a belt they begin to fall off, definately will have to but a smaller size soon.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Great stories everyone!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    My DH gave me a hug after I'd been away visiting friends for the weekend and commented on my new found slenderness when he wrapped his arms around me.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    My new cat: Smokey. Now I can feed him snacks instead of me. :)

k64mo3q372wt.jpg

Omfg your car is a dead ringer for mine!!!!9qfpvat63q8s.jpg

He's a Russian Blue! So cute. Yours too. B)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining my weight in spite of not working out since I was injured in a car crash the end of September.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Just made Nanaimo bars, and whilst, yes, I DID scrape out the bowl and pan, I DIDN'T break off and eat extra chocolate whilst making the topping.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bench pressed 60 pounds for the first time in my life! My previous personal best was 55... not a huge deal, but I'm excited!
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Went back to Fredericksburg, TX for our 1 year anniversary last week. I hiked 2 miles of Enchanted Rock. It was hard. Like "Omg I don't think I'm ready for this" hard. I am still over 300 lbs, but I've lost over 50lbs and I wanted to do it. I survived.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4507_119q.pdf

I did from the [P] to the #8 and back... It was beautiful. Next year will be better.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I stayed within my calories at the company Christmas party.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I stayed within my calories at the company Christmas party.

HIGH FIVE!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I accidentally added 10 lbs to EACH side of the bar (I only wanted to add 10 lbs total) and ended up squatting my body weight.
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Huzzah! That is awesome! I don't fly much, but I recall thinking that the seats on the subway were far roomier than they used to be!
    Oh, yeah, that reminds me how much more space I have in bed! I haven't even lost so much but man, it's comfy :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!