What food makes you weak at the knees?

I woke up this morning to the smell of bacon and my knees went weak, it also triggered thoughts of a bacon sausage and egg sandwich with lots of ketchup, this made me sad because I no ketchup in the house :/

What food makes you feel like gollum chasing the ring?

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    McD's.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Nutella.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Omg Nutella. ....
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Warm lava cake!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited December 2015
    I absolutely love Atkins Chicken Margarita but despite it being high in protein & calories, it doesn't fill me; at all. After I eat it, I feel like I didn't eat anything & am then more hungry because of the feeling, that I waited to eat; even though I ate & it's also expensive, for something that has; no satiety. So I make my own version, of it instead. Of course it doesn't taste as good but it's good enough, for me & thus I make it approximately, 2 times; a month.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Popcorn!! I can eat ALL the popcorn!! If I go in the movie theater, I am eating ALL the popcorn because of the smell!
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Barbecue pig and roast duck from any Chinatown restaurant that displays their roast pig and duck in their windows.
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Kettle brand potato chips.
  • cindytw
    threadmad wrote: »
    Kettle brand potato chips.

Chips are my next one after popcorn, then fries!!
  • tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    Belgian chocolate cake
    Specifically the one from sainsbury
  • cindytw
    tasaiar1 wrote: »
    Belgian chocolate cake
    Specifically the one from sainsbury

Never had a weakness for sweets...until I start eating them! Then I can't stop.! But I never crave sweets, its fried salty foods.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Freshly baked chocolate croissants!
  • freshfaceddoll
    freshfaceddoll Posts: 4 Member
    Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice-cream. Dear lord that stuff is good.
  • cindytw

I had such an issue with Ben & Jerry's in my youth (18-21 or so), and I ate so much of it that I still can't really enjoy ice cream now!! I am 41!! It makes me nauseous now to think of it!!
  • freshfaceddoll
    freshfaceddoll Posts: 4 Member
    cindytw wrote: »

I had such an issue with Ben & Jerry's in my youth (18-21 or so), and I ate so much of it that I still can't really enjoy ice cream now!! I am 41!! It makes me nauseous now to think of it!!

I'm 21 myself and I only discovered Ben & Jerry's a few months ago, and I've been addicted to it since! Same issue, I think.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Freshly baked chocolate croissants!

OMG, yes. This was my breakfast every morning at later-in-life uni (I walked by the shops to my college at Oxford the times I didn't take a dorm room). I try to keep them for special occasions now because the smell of them plus strong coffee bring me right back to that time and that's its own fun :)
  • cindytw

I'm 21 myself and I only discovered Ben & Jerry's a few months ago, and I've been addicted to it since! Same issue, I think.

I went years, and years without a drop of ice cream!! And I still feel a little sick when I eat it! LOL
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    150 pound bag of rice; need to rest and stop walking otherwise knees are weak.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Mom's napoleon cake, mom's chocolate mousse cake, mom's Russian tea cakes, basically anything mom bakes. That woman has otherworldly baking skills. I have been to all kinds of specialized and fancy restaurants and bakeries, and some of them only come close but not quite. I don't know what she does to get the flavors just right, strong when it needs to be and subtle when it needs to be. I can't wait till Christmas for all the heavenly goodness that I am going to enjoy.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Walking past a Cinnabon...mmmmmm
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    For the last month I have been craving Mofongo Relleno De Pollo. I can almost taste it!

1045008_10151724309769846_1441922220_n.jpg?oh=b0e4e38a805a8f62ba8c134a4ef569ef&oe=570E3FC2
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Mom's napoleon cake, mom's chocolate mousse cake, mom's Russian tea cakes, basically anything mom bakes. That woman has otherworldly baking skills. I have been to all kinds of specialized and fancy restaurants and bakeries, and some of them only come close but not quite. I don't know what she does to get the flavors just right, strong when it needs to be and subtle when it needs to be. I can't wait till Christmas for all the heavenly goodness that I am going to enjoy.

Can I come home with you for Christmas?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

Can I come home with you for Christmas?

You are most welcome! Be warned you won't be able to stop, but it will be worth every ounce gained.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    edited December 2015

I worked at a Dunkin Donuts when I was a teenager and have been off donuts ever since. Alas, I was never able to get to that point with Ben & Jerry's.

I made a slow cooker Latin pork pot roast the other week that was out of this world.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    150 pound bag of rice; need to rest and stop walking otherwise knees are weak.

LMAO
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Cheesecake.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited December 2015
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I worked at a Dunkin Donuts when I was a teenager and have been off donuts ever since. Alas, I was never able to get to that point with Ben & Jerry's.

I made a slow cooker Latin pork pot roast the other week that was out of this world.

Pork shoulder is the best buy at my supermarket. I make one in the slow cooker every week, and use half of it for stew, and the other half for carnitas.

The food that makes me weak in the knees is fresh baked bread, with butter. I haven't had it in a long time.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    ben and jerry's chocolate fudge brownie
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    An NYC deli bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel. Tortilla chips with queso/guacamole. All peanut butter desserts. Pizza with a lot of meat on it. Things smothered in melted cheese.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Halloumi.

Peanut butter for dessert :)