What food makes you weak at the knees?

Options

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    For the last month I have been craving Mofongo Relleno De Pollo. I can almost taste it!

1045008_10151724309769846_1441922220_n.jpg?oh=b0e4e38a805a8f62ba8c134a4ef569ef&oe=570E3FC2
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Mom's napoleon cake, mom's chocolate mousse cake, mom's Russian tea cakes, basically anything mom bakes. That woman has otherworldly baking skills. I have been to all kinds of specialized and fancy restaurants and bakeries, and some of them only come close but not quite. I don't know what she does to get the flavors just right, strong when it needs to be and subtle when it needs to be. I can't wait till Christmas for all the heavenly goodness that I am going to enjoy.

Can I come home with you for Christmas?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Mom's napoleon cake, mom's chocolate mousse cake, mom's Russian tea cakes, basically anything mom bakes. That woman has otherworldly baking skills. I have been to all kinds of specialized and fancy restaurants and bakeries, and some of them only come close but not quite. I don't know what she does to get the flavors just right, strong when it needs to be and subtle when it needs to be. I can't wait till Christmas for all the heavenly goodness that I am going to enjoy.

Can I come home with you for Christmas?

You are most welcome! Be warned you won't be able to stop, but it will be worth every ounce gained.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice-cream. Dear lord that stuff is good.

I had such an issue with Ben & Jerry's in my youth (18-21 or so), and I ate so much of it that I still can't really enjoy ice cream now!! I am 41!! It makes me nauseous now to think of it!!

I worked at a Dunkin Donuts when I was a teenager and have been off donuts ever since. Alas, I was never able to get to that point with Ben & Jerry's.

I made a slow cooker Latin pork pot roast the other week that was out of this world.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    150 pound bag of rice; need to rest and stop walking otherwise knees are weak.

LMAO
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    cindytw wrote: »
    Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice-cream. Dear lord that stuff is good.

I had such an issue with Ben & Jerry's in my youth (18-21 or so), and I ate so much of it that I still can't really enjoy ice cream now!! I am 41!! It makes me nauseous now to think of it!!

I worked at a Dunkin Donuts when I was a teenager and have been off donuts ever since. Alas, I was never able to get to that point with Ben & Jerry's.

I made a slow cooker Latin pork pot roast the other week that was out of this world.

Pork shoulder is the best buy at my supermarket. I make one in the slow cooker every week, and use half of it for stew, and the other half for carnitas.

The food that makes me weak in the knees is fresh baked bread, with butter. I haven't had it in a long time.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    ben and jerry's chocolate fudge brownie
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    An NYC deli bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel. Tortilla chips with queso/guacamole. All peanut butter desserts. Pizza with a lot of meat on it. Things smothered in melted cheese.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Halloumi.

Peanut butter for dessert :)
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Bone-in Ribeye from Mortons. Yummmmm!!!!
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The Milos Special. This is very specific and possibly my favorite thing ever. Milos is a Greek seafood restaurant in Montreal, although there are also locations in NYC & Vegas and maybe Tokyo. Anyway, it's this tower of flash fried very, very, very thin zucchini & eggplant slices served with tzatsiki made from this wonderful, impossibly thick yogurt. I have daydreams about it sometimes.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.

Yes :)
  • amberskc718
    amberskc718 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Donuts!
  • PeacefulSeraph
    PeacefulSeraph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered strawberries... yum!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    banh mi, tamarind chicken, Italian nougat
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I need to get out of this thread.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »