15/12 - 13.5 miles
    16/12 - 13.6 miles
    17/12 - 10.4 km
    18/12 - 13.8 miles
    19/12 - 10.4 km
    20/12 - 21.2 miles
    21/12 - 10.4 km

tot 393/500

recovery 10k this morning, but I feel very energetic and I had to refrain myself, otherwise it would have been similar to a tempo run. cannot believe I went out with clear sky and stars, and it managed to rain in the middle of the run! this place must hate me

so many deers around, I enjoy running with them

I'm pissed off with the comments about my weight, as said a few days ago people should mind their business. I'm not stupid, I lost a bunch of weight more than an year ago because I was obese (and then I started to run, because I wanted new challenges, I've never used running to lose weight!) and I don't want to lose more. I did lost a further 1.5kg in the last period, but because I'm active and it's not easy, running every day, have a clear idea of estimated calories to eat back and to know my exact weight. I average 3.7k calories per day, 4.5k on long run days, is this someone who has an ED and wants to lose more weight? And I think it's pretty understandable if I don't want to increase randomly my calory intake to gain weight (in the end what is 1.5kg?), having spent more than 10 years being obese. If I let something go, I'll let everything go, and I don't want to do it.

With the amount of running I do, I bet you can inject me with 100% fat while I'm sleeping, but I'll burn it. Oh, maybe I shouldn't run then, why doing something I finally enjoy and makes me more fit/relaxed/focused etc etc?

Running lots of miles is a commitment and a challenge, but if I manage to do it, it prob means that my body is ok with it now, doesn't it? Rest is important, but I believe some bodies require a 24 hours rest period, others less. It's just training, nothing exceptional. When I run my first HM, I had crumps everywhere and I was dizzy and tired, and emotionally drained. Now I come home after 2 back to back HM, have a shower, have breakfast and go to work. But people see it as an obsession.

Being obese, unhealthy and more importantly unhappy was OK, being active, not bothering anyone, and more importantly fit and happy, is not ok and makes people "worry because they care"

and never mention to anyone when the alarm rings in the morning!

• Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2/12 2k
    3/12 1k
    5/12 7k
    6/12 7k
    7/12 2k
    14/12 2k
    15/12 5k
    19/12 7k walk (sore throat)
    20/12 7k (5 walk 2 jog sore throat)
    21/12 3k

Throat still sore but I ran 3x1k fast today across a 1 hour gym session. Hurt my throat but felt satisfying.

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »

I'm pissed off with the comments about my weight, as said a few days ago people should mind their business.

????????????

I must have missed something.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    @patrikc333 You're putting in a HUGE number of miles and kilometers. How is your body holding up to that? And your daily tracking has me confused...some days are miles and some are kilometers. Are you tracking them both ways?
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

I'm pissed off with the comments about my weight, as said a few days ago people should mind their business.

????????????

Some were saying a few days ago that they were sick of family/friends saying they were over-doing it with running and exercise..

I've got the same problem, except that I used to be underweight and now that I am a healthy weight and running/walking - I get the whole "you're overdoing it" and "you're too little" from family members.. Even though I am actually in a healthy weight range now and I eat back all of my exercise calories (and usually more :lol:)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Way behind on this thread...again. I'll have to read through these later.

I ran 6.7 miles Saturday morning with Kody. It was 9°F with a slight wind. I decided to wear my SmartWool tights and they were TOO WARM! I guess I save those for sub-zero temps.

Sunday morning I decided to run some trails near my house for the first time but since dogs aren't allowed on these trails, Kody stayed home and pouted. The trails are just 1.5 miles from my home and are in a park where they have three different trail races in the summer and fall, including a 50 mile run (though it's a 16+ mile loop you run thrice). The course was very hilly and pretty much kicked my *kitten*. Running, walking, stumbling and scrambling I did finish however. Somehow...I have no idea how...I managed an average 11:18 pace. I guess I was stumbling down the backside of those hills faster than I thought! It's a miracle I didn't tumble. Temps had risen to 40°F by the time I was done and I was in my lightweight tights and a very thin long-sleeved top and still sweatin' my butt off.

Unfortunately these trails will soon turn into ski trails once we get some snow. If I'm lucky I'll get out there one more time before then.

1jl7gy5ff4cc.jpeg

vmtloptw2lzv.jpeg

• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    @patrikc333 You're putting in a HUGE number of miles and kilometers. How is your body holding up to that? And your daily tracking has me confused...some days are miles and some are kilometers. Are you tracking them both ways?

No issues at all - otherwise I won't be able to run so many miles, I think it's pretty obvious

I normally track 10k in km (don't really like 6.something miles), long runs in miles (comes more natural to call a hm 13.1 than 21.1 and a 20 miler a 20 miles than a 32.2km but don't ask me why :))

Tot is in km as it's my preferred distance unit
  • Stoshew71
    Options

????????????

Some were saying a few days ago that they were sick of family/friends saying they were over-doing it with running and exercise..

I've got the same problem, except that I used to be underweight and now that I am a healthy weight and running/walking - I get the whole "you're overdoing it" and "you're too little" from family members.. Even though I am actually in a healthy weight range now and I eat back all of my exercise calories (and usually more :lol:)

Ohhhhhhhh! OK! I was worried that there was some drama in my own thread. LOL

• MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I love running so much I don't care if some people think I'm a skinny bltch.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

????????????

LOL no we were discussing how people were not worried when our heart was similar to a pigs heart but now that it beats like an atomic clock people are worried :D
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Sunday morning I decided to run some trails near my house for the first time but since dogs aren't allowed on these trails, Kody stayed home and pouted. The trails are just 1.5 miles from my home and are in a park where they have three different trail races in the summer and fall, including a 50 mile run (though it's a 16+ mile loop you run thrice). The course was very hilly and pretty much kicked my *kitten*. Running, walking, stumbling and scrambling I did finish however. Somehow...I have no idea how...I managed an average 11:18 pace.

The 11:18 quoted above was my moving pace. If I include my stoppage time, it was a 12:28 pace. I just checked the website for the Surf The Murph trail races and if I were able to hold that pace for 5 more miles, and I'm sure I could, I would have placed 49th out of 80 runners in the 25K race last September. Considering I was trying to take it easy yesterday (average HR of 140 whereas my HM HR was 172), I think I may have to register for this race when it comes around again next fall and see how I do.

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I love running so much I don't care if some people think I'm a skinny bltch.

Bahahahahaha! You win!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    My wife said she will leave me if i lose any more weight. Said I was starting to look like I was when I was in college. LOL
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    No way, man.... this is a drama-free zone... all us runners are like:

2c78w3bvse41.jpeg

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @patrikc333 - You're the first person I've seen describe an experience like mine, except yours is more so. I took off some weight, then started running, then had to learn to stop losing weight, then had the dance of figuring out how much to eat to maintain my weight. I'm currently maintaining weight to a target 59 pounds less than my all-time peak weight, which was into the low end of the obese category. I spent a lot of years in the overweight category, as defined by BMI.

The thing I found with other people was, many people said I shouldn't lose so much weight the year I took off the last 30 pounds, and for a year afterwards. These weren't mean people; they were well meaning people who were used to seeing me overweight or borderline obese. Some were afraid to congratulate me on losing, because such a rapid weight loss might indicate I had a serious health problem. When you're over 50, that's how people think.

After a year of maintaining a stable weight, I stopped getting the comments that I shouldn't lose so much weight except from people who don't see me very often. People simply got used to the new me. Even non-runners got used to the new me, and stopped telling me I need to gain back some weight. Now they ask typical non-runner questions like, "How many miles do you run every day?" or "You're not going to run outside in *this weather*, are you?" The cluelessness can get old, but it's a lot better than being told I'm underweight.

My sister tells me it takes a year per 25 lbs. lost for your self-image to catch up to your actual body size. That was about right for me, and also about right for the people who thought I lost too much weight.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @patrikc333 I admire your ability to use miles and km. I should keep practicing.

Hmm, I'm only 9 miles behind goal. A week off and my foot is barely better.. I should prob let those 9 go..

1-6.03
    2-1.02 TM
    3-10.01
    4-4.15 walk, per HM training plan
    5-7.23
    6-1.0 TM
    7-6.02
    8- migraine
    9-4.12
    10-5.37
    11-3.95 walk
    12- resting foot
    13-5.04
    14,15- resting extensor tendonitis
    16- rehab follow up. Travel.
    17-20 extensor tendonitis
    21-3.49

52.06/90+ miles

Upcoming races:

02/06/16 Hot Chocolate 15K Dallas
    03/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    03/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    04/24/16 OKC Memorial undecided distance
  • Stoshew71
    Options

2c78w3bvse41.jpeg

If only a runner's high could be this good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtFb_xem6k8

• runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!!!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Crazy busy last couple days…

Dec 1: Advent begins. Light mist but warm (low 50s), still a little bit of hip twinge, nice and slow this morning, 4.44 miles.
    Dec 2: Hound of the Baskervilles fog this morning, no demon dogs spotted. 2.35 miles
    Dec 3: Rest day, however, intended to walk..and it didn’t happen 
    Dec 4: Chilly tonight but not unbearable. 2.5 miles
    Dec 5: No run (family outing out of town) but did get in a half hour walk.
    Dec 6-8: Days of suck
    Dec 9: Back at it. 4.34 miles this morning in the DARKy dark dark…Already more than halfway to the miles I ran last month..December looks to be better.
    Dec 10: Rest day
    Dec 11: 3.19 miles. Weather is beautiful.
    Dec 12: 4.72 miles in my new shoes but I kept 'em (mostly) clean
    Dec 13: Rest day (intentional..not just being lazy). Still minor hip twinges but I’ve been doing more stretching and that seems to be helping. I probably need to bite the bullet and start doing core muscle building though. 
    Dec 14: Intended to run but sleep won out. *sigh*
    Dec 15: A little cooler this morning and drizzly. 3.07 miles.
    Dec 16: Busy until late that night, intended to get run in but sleepy won out.
    Dec 17: 5.04 miles. Just realized that I have officially run more than I did last month and I’m also looking on target to hit my goal. 
    Dec 18: 3.31miles (and it's starting to FEEL like December now..)
    Dec 19: No running but a lot of furniture moving.
    Dec 20: No running, 3 mile hike.

exercise.png
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options

2c78w3bvse41.jpeg

@MorningGhost14 Straight up, I snorted my water!
    @Stoshew71 You've got the best, calmest, most supportive thread on the entire MFP site as far as I'm concerned. I rarely even check the main forums anymore. THIS one brings me joy, peace, and makes me want to be better, do better. No drama here toots...we wouldn't stand for that nonsense!