5'10" and up ladies!

Options
I weigh sooooo much more than I look like I weigh. Tell me I'm not alone here? I'm 5'10" and 225 but wear size 10 clothes. Where is the weight???

Replies

• robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    mravena wrote: »
    I weigh sooooo much more than I look like I weigh. Tell me I'm not alone here? I'm 5'10" and 225 but wear size 10 clothes. Where is the weight???

I'm completely stumped and it takes a lot to stump me, you way 16 stone?

Are you sure your scales ain't broken?

I'm willing to accept bone density as a factor, I don't know if you're muscular but that does seem a little... Off :confused:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

What country are you in? Size 10 is quite petite in Australia where I am.
  • mravena
    mravena Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in America! I'm not petite... Petite would be a size 5-7 here. I'd say I'm just normal size wise... Just tall. Lol I have always been very strong so I know muscle contributes... But it's so weird how much I weigh. Even my doctors have no clue.
  • robs_ready
    Options
    I'm in America! I'm not petite... Petite would be a size 5-7 here. I'd say I'm just normal size wise... Just tall. Lol I have always been very strong so I know muscle contributes... But it's so weird how much I weigh. Even my doctors have no clue.

I'm 6 foot 1 and you way more than me and I'm 180lbs it's actually a mystery haha
  • mravena
    Options
    I must truly be "big boned" haha @roblloyd. I need to get some research done on me... Maybe water retention?
  • robs_ready
    Options
    @mravena I did notice you were on birth control so maybe?

But seriously, judging by your profile pic you either have serious water retention or your scales at home are more broke than my bank account over the Xmas period Haha
  • Orphia
    Options
    You are my height and a tiny bit more than my starting weight, and I wore 1 or 2 sizes larger than you.

Muscle certainly weighs more than fat, but are you definitely size 10 in every brand?
  • mravena
    Options
    I have always been heavier. In high school I was a size 7 and was 180, and a three sport athlete. @orphia I am maybe a size 12. Definitely no bigger than 12. I just had a baby, and I am the heaviest I've ever been... But I'm back into my normal clothes. It's all so confusing. My weight will go up but my clothes will fit the same. I've recently dropped 8 pounds so that's happy :) at least I'm losing haha
  • Orphia
    Options
    This illustrates what I was saying about muscle weighing more than fat.

muscle_zpsqquja4ua.jpg~original
  • mravena
    Options
    roblloyd89 wrote: »
    @mravena I did notice you were on birth control so maybe?

But seriously, judging by your profile pic you either have serious water retention or your scales at home are more broke than my bank account over the Xmas period Haha

• robs_ready
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    This illustrates what I was saying about muscle weighing more than fat.

muscle_zpsqquja4ua.jpg~original

(Y)

That don't look tasty by the way just sayin
  • mravena
    Options
    But I doubt I have more muscle than Rob Lloyd! He weighs less :(
  • robs_ready
    Options
    But I doubt I have more muscle than Rob Lloyd! He weighs less :(

Don't worry about it lol, weight doesn't mean anything, it's how you look that's important (Y) and you look great so don't worry!
  • Orphia
    Options
    I was pretty fat at a size bigger than you.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 160, wear a size 8, have fairly muscular shoulders and am "dense", most of my body is hard with a * extra * holiday layer....140 is low for me.... some people are just DENSE! I have a friend who is a brick house..like, literally I think they swallowed a brick. You'd never guess they were 200 lbs.

I have heard of cysts that can grow quite heavily, thats the only thing I'd be concerned about if you're change was recent or dramatic.

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, and 150, which is 75lbs less than you are claiming to weigh, and I wear an 6/8. How on earth?
  • calla86
    calla86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0", weigh 215 currently, and wear a size 10 so that doesn't surprise me.

I've lost over 100lbs and would probably wear a smaller size, but have some loose skin.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, 5'11" and weighed 220lb at my high point. I was in size 34 jeans, which by no means is large. My dad always wore 36" pants and is 2" taller and weighed 225ish (though I know he got up higher, but don't know if his pant size got bigger). I asked myself the same question all the time and most people were shocked to hear I was 210 (the last 10lb where over a very small window and most people wouldn't have known). I'm now 176lb and back in 31-32" pants, and the fat was all over, no questions asked. Amazingly, back at 220lb I didn't think I was that fat, just a tiny bit overweight. If I look at the side by side pictures now I'm amazed I was so delusional.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and it's been a while since I've been anywhere near 225lbs (so I don't remember what size I wore), but I'm at about 272 right now and just bought a size 18 dress for Christmas that is borderline just a little bit too big. I don't buy or try on clothes often as I have to wear a uniform for work, so I'm not really sure if that's uniform across all brands/stores.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm not 5'10, but I can relate.

I'm 5'8 and weigh 180 pounds. It's depressing because I weigh more than most people (men and women) my height. Am I a little more fluffy than I should be? Yes, but I'm also pretty dense. My lean body mass (muscles, bones, organs, etc.) is 130# of my 180# body (based on body scans). So yes, I have some fat to lose, but I'm also fairly content with where I am. I wear a 8-14 in pants, depending on brand and cut.

If you carry more muscle than the average person your height, you will weigh more while being smaller. The only way to know: a body scan (either a DEXA or a BodPod).

Either way, what you weigh is just a number, a piece of data. If you're active, fueling your body right, and have good healthy markers, you're doing good and who cares how much you weigh?! :smile: