Snakes

Options

Replies

• HannaSusi
    HannaSusi Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered how anyone could be afraid of a ball python... They're so freakin cute. Then again no matter how fluffy and "cute" tarantulas might be to those who are into spiders, no friggin way you'd get me in the same room with one. So yeah... I guess it's just not rational.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I do not like spiders but tarantulas are so freaking adorable it's ridiculous
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I have begun to get over my fear of spiders but I would still be terrified to hold a tarantula. They are so intriguing though and I like to admire them from a distance lol.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I have too but when they are touching me it's like that instinct is like "what the hell are you doing woman!!!!" ... I probably will never own one so I'm like you. i'll admire the cuteness from a distance. I've read people's stories of them and their personality's and oh it's so adorable!
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bbg340 wrote: »
    Il tell you a snake related story. This one time when I was in Morocco I saw these snake charmers, so I go over and I'm sitting there with all the crazy music and one of the guys puts this snake around my neck, and there were these two cobras in front of me, the cobras looked out of it, it was weird how they were moving.. Anyway everything was cool and I was getting into the snake charming spirt but then this other guy bolted out from behind this tent we were sitting in. He starts arguing with the main guy who put this snake around my neck, he then grabs the head of the snake that's still round my neck, then the other guy grabs the tail. So there's this poor snake all stretched out right near my face and these two guys arguing in Arabic with the drums and flutes still going on in the background.. It was intense. Anyway I just ducked underneath that snake and ran away.

What in the F?!
    I'm guessing this was at Jemaa el Fna in Marrakech? I was there with a guide who told us not to let people put the snakes on us unless we were willing to pay them a few dirhams to do so. The (unspoken) deal is that if you let them put a snake on you and you spend any time, you're supposed to tip. I'm guessing that fight was about the other guy letting @Thisnameischosen hang out with the snake without paying.

• MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    My Chinese zodiac sign is the snake:

Diplomatic and popular, the Snake has the sensual art of seduction down. This Sign is an interesting mix of gregariousness paired with introversion, intuitive reasoning paired with savvy business skills. Snakes are considered to be lucky with money and will generally have more than enough to live life to the fullest, regardless of how important it considers money to be; this may be due to the fact that Snakes tend to be rather tight with cash. They're not stingy, they're simply more mentally than physically active. Snakes tend to hang back a bit in order to analyze a situation before jumping into it. Their charming, seductive quality actually belies a rather retiring nature; this Sign is perfectly happy to spend the whole day curled up with a good book and, thus, can be mislabeled as being lazy. The Snake is somewhat insecure deep down and tend to be a rather jealous, possessive lover, behavior that can end up alienating loved ones. Despite these less-than-stellar tendencies, however, the Snake often proves irresistible and is a generous, loving partner. Slightly dangerous and disarmingly smart, the Snake's philosophical and intuitive mind generally supersedes logic in favor of feelings and instinct. Snakes will rely on their own gut reactions and intuitions before turning to others for suggestions. This makes this Sign a great hand in any business venture, possessing the caution and smarts needed to get ahead. Snakes are hard workers (when they see good reason to be!) and are possessed of a keen intelligence. Snakes have incredible follow-through, once they get going, and they expect the same from others. Thus, their coworkers and employees had best stay on their toes, lest they anger the Snake and suffer its poisonous bite! In general, of course, Snakes are generous and genteel, charming and appealing. Snakes must try to learn humility and to develop a stronger sense of self. Once Snakes realize that confidence comes from within, they will finally be comfortable in their own skin.

I also like to slough my skin on the regular.. :lol:
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
    z3ta0sgkdghz.jpeg
    15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.r16wry10tzsh1.jpeg
    ackcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/2i/9z0qeifr3ze0.jpeg
    Bella says Merry Christmas
  • Iron_Addiction
    Iron_Addiction Posts: 450 Member
    Options
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    $#@! everything about this thread and that disgusting reptile

Awww, c'mon...
    04-funny-gif-130-cute-snake-with-tiny-hat.gif
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Great pics everyone, and those are some awesome rattlesnakes! What kind is that last one? It's so dark!
  • Iron_Addiction
    Options
    Thanks . It's a black phase timber rattler a.k.a canebrake
    Great pics everyone, and those are some awesome rattlesnakes! What kind is that last one? It's so dark!

• Iron_Addiction
    Options
    That particular one was gravid she was full of babies.

• FitGirl0123
    Options
    Okay it's not a snake but can't help but share my new baby that was a Christmas gift from @chadthodge I named her Sugar 1hs469kux8g7.jpeg
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    s33zf4vo2nim.jpeg

Aw, I used to have a ball python that looked like this, his name was Nelson. He passed away. I still miss him. He used to sit with me and wrap around my hand or on my shoulder. My husband keeps tarantulas too-helped me get over my fear of spiders, but I still don't think I'll hold one. They are facinating animals though.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Anyone else here breed feeder mice? I dove head first into it and got a male and female yesterday!

I have bred mice for work...its not difficult. They kinda do all the work themselves. Just don't touch the babies while they are furless or mama will eat them. Takes 3 week gestation, then 3 weeks til you can wean them away from mama. You should make separate male/female cages because the brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers...all will start mating...and you'll be up to your ears in mice. At 6 weeks old, they can be set up into new mating pairs or harem mating scheme. Sometimes males will fight with eachother, brutally, especially if they have already mated before so you may have to keep an eye on that and seperate them as well. Or...just feed the fighty ones to the snakes :wink:

I am loving all the pics. Lol at solving my cat problem! one of my cats is a hunter so he would not go down with out a fight and I would feel really bad for the poor snake. He is getting old though, so soon. My girls would love love love one (and me too).