What do you listen to when working out?

Options
13»

Replies

• CaraAnn72
    CaraAnn72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Why do people ask this all the time? Lol. It's such a weird question. Don't y'all know what you like? Some else's preferences are not mine. I don't care what other people listen to. For all the years I've been on this site, I cannot wrap my mind around why people ask this question. It's like asking what kind of clothes people wear or their favorite color as a way of influencing your own choices. Just so bizarre.

If I tell you I listen to death metal, are you going to go out and start listening to Lamb of God all the sudden, where your musical taste is hip hop? No. You aren't.

I'm not trying to be rude, this is a serious question. I don't get it.

What I listen to at home isn't necessarily something that gets me going at the gym. I've tried a few different pandora station and such but I am having trouble finding music that does it for me when I'm working out. By asking this question, yes I am looking for new influences. No, if my musical taste is hip hop I'm not going to listen to death metal, but if you suggest a new hip hop or similar artist I haven't heard of I would definitely give it a try and maybe find some new songs I enjoy. It's like asking someone's opinion on a movie or a restaurant that's the same genre/food you like but have yet to try.

Was that helpful?
  • jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Whatever my trainer is playing. My boxing gym has its own streaming music app so it goes according to that. We can always mix it up. I like listening to a lot of Latin music. It has to be up beat, other than that I'm into some old school hair band metal music. LOL!!
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I rarely listen to anything, but if I did it would just be my own ipod which has 15K songs. I could choose to listen to something or just shuffle. If a song comes up that I didn't like, I could just skip it. I personally think making playlists and stuff like that is a lot of work and don't see the point.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I listen to random podcasts, let's plays, and, embarrassingly, "true" scary story from Youtube. I don't regularly listen to music.
  • FluffyAndFestive
    FluffyAndFestive Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Rage against the machine

Great choice. Especially the first album.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yawny