Sixers Love Yourself Challenge

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I've had a long week. Family drama. Sorta. meh.
    I didn't work out today. It's my TOM and I'm ravenously hungry all day long. I am eating whatever I feel like, including that Butterfinger candy bar earlier.
    I do NOT do this often, so I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.
    I'll shape up a little tomorrow and Sunday and then back at it again on Monday.

Today's 'Love Myself' Reason: Because even on a day like today, I still have a fairly positive attitude, at least outwardly. And the doom and gloom is nothing a NAP won't fix!!! :wink:

xo Sixers!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Hey Sixers! Hope everyone had a relaxing friday. I am ready to give my stats. Today was a good day for me, I got up early enough, ate breakfast, worked out, looked at apartments on line and etc. I feel like It was a productive day!!! YAY My goal for this six week challenge is to remember to say something I love about myself everyday.... that's the best idea AND remove 7lbs. My december low was 218, I am up 2 lbs from that, now 220 but I am ready to work. :wink:

Today: Taebo Fat burning, 55 mins w/ Billy Bands.... completed... that was a real workout. WOW
    Food: Oatmeal for BF, VEGGIE lasagne Lunch, dinner unknown, going out w/ BF.

Deb- congrats on getting into the nursing program. My mother has been a nurse since she was 19 and she loves it. I wish you the best. And I love your point program. I may need to try something like that for myself. Thanks for sharing the idea

Becky- thanks! I'm happy to finally be on the move again. Hope the challenge at work goes well. You can do it.

To everyone else-- keep up the good work. We are 9 days into the new year and we have done well so far. Lets keep the focus and motivation. I appreciate everyones opinions and comments, they make me a stronger person in the face of chocolate. :)

KRISTIN
    CONNIE
    SW264 / GW 258 /CW 264 / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    RHIANNON ----SW 172.6 lbs / GW 165lbs / CW 172.6lbs / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    SHANELL
    SW 212.5 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 212.5/ PROGRESS +/- 0 lbs
    CATHY
    SW 209 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 209/ PROGRESS 0 lbs
    EM
    SW 160 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 151.2 lbs / Progress +/- 0lbs
    LAURYN
    SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / PROGRESS +/-0lbs
    Katy
    SW 172.8/ GW 164.8/ CW 172.8/ PROGRESS 0 lbs
    Robin
    SW 193 lbs / GW 185 lbs / CW 193 lbs / PROGRESS 0
    Heidi
    SW165lbs / GW 155 lbs / CW 165 / Progress +/- 0lbs
    Becky
    SW146.4lbs/GW 140lbs/CW 146.4/Progress+/- 0lbs
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/GW 188lbs/CW 198 /Progress+/- 0lbs
    Deb
    SW202.4/GW 194.4 lbs/CW 202.4/Progress 0lbs.
    Tammara
    SW220 / GW 213 /CW 220 / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs

Talk to y'all soon.
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am sooo tired! So much going on ... gotta do better next week with planning the meals.. I stayed exactly the same! no up or down... Well I am gonna shower and watch tv and be in bed by 10! Talk about your wild and crazy Friday night! Talk to you soon!

becky
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    drtamm....did you decide on which job to accept? and where is it? details please.
    glad you had a good day. it makes a difference.

have a good weekend all. might be back on tonight, if not tomorrow. MIL drama going on here tonight. DH is very upset. i haven't heard certain words come out of his mouth is a long time. at least he's not mad at me for buying new shoes today:wink:

where's kistin today?

well, off to fix a drink and a hot tub.

later gater...
  • chipper15173
    Options
    becky watch those wild friday nights, they can be hazardous to your health:laugh:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Don't forget Momma, it's not only MIL drama, but SIL also.:laugh: Like you said at least it isn't any of us.

Hope everyone had a great evening. I'm going to try to get everything together to have another great week next week.

Well, just figured I'd stop in and say what's up before going to bed. Later.:yawn:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well I did weigh myself this morning and I have not budged in over a month and according to this morning I was down 2 lbs. I was so happy. Im not going to make it official though until Monday. Im afraid that it was just a fluke and might go back up but I have been working my butt off lately.

Connie
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I believe Kristin's DH had wisdom teeth out today and I think she was helping him out. That's NOT a fun surgery.

Tamm, congrats on your great attitude!!

Connie, YEAH!!!! SEE???? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Cathy, sorry to hear about the MIL drama. That's a rough go. I hope you were able to get some stuff done around your house!

Becky, we all need those nights from time to time :smile:

I've had a GREAT day. Wonderful visit with one of my best friends then a GREAT bosu / kick boxing class at the gym (and I got to do a little bout on the eliptical first!) then my family scooped me up and we went swimming then picked up our delicious organic pizza! It's a late night for Ava and Leith but I'm just about to get them into bed and either watch a movie with Kyle or hit the hay myself. Back to the gym first thing in the morning for some cardio!

Good night my wonderful sixers!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    On second thought, here is my meal plan for tomorrow. THEN "good night"! :bigsmile:

1. oatmeal (rolled oats) w/ 1 tbsp almond butter, 1/2 banana, agave nectar & skim milk (I'm out of pumpkin :frown: but I'm sure this will be good too :tongue: )
    2. vanilla ice cream protein shake made w/ skim milk
    3. 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ hummus & alfalfa sprouts
    4. gala apple & 10g brazil nuts
    5. left-over sweet & sour meatballs w/ brown rice & broccoli
    6. luna bar
    7. 2 cups air-popped popcorn w/ 1 tsp olive oil (I've really been having a rough time getting all my fats in on days when we don't have salmon!)
    8. organic turkey burger slices w/ red pepper, skim milk cheese & salsa wrapped in lettuce leaves
    9. homemade blueberry vanilla power smoothie before bed

work out: 1h 15m cardio class (last 15m is strength training).
    Busy day tomorrow! Have a GREAT weekend sixers! Try to keep in on the wagon - it's WORTH IT!! :drinker:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    pedal sounds like you had a great day.....

connie...yea for 2#s.....keep it up, funny how if you catch it fast it does come right back off, doesn't have time to set up:wink:

i talked with my mom last night she lives in mass. i live in sc. anyway she was telling me she use to go to one of the first gyms ever open to the public. that gyms use to be just for the bodybuilders. and this one bodybuilder opened gyms to the public and she went at night all the time. they had ladies night and mens night. they weren't co-ed than. she got my dad going to build his upper body. he has polo and since it affects his lower body he needed upper body. my dad always wants things his. so he built a weight bench and made wights. i remember this. he had made a little gym in our house. i remember the sauna he had. i use to play in it. my dad always goes all out for things. i do that too. so i guess the "gym" runs in my blood.:wink:

well, time to get dressed. think i will run to wally world and stop at a few yard sales or goodwill.

back later.......have a great weekend.
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Cathy, I'm jealous that you are able to go to yard sales this time of the year and you have the "gym" running through your blood. We are getting more snow ( I don't think it has stopped since early December) and the temps forcast for next week are all under 20 degrees. Have fun today.

I got up and on the tredmill this morning and am working on getting my water in today. I am so glad I got that done early and earned a point on my new reward system.

I did not get to my daily meal planning though. I have been working on weekly dinner planning and want to clean out my freezer so some of the meals may not be so healthy. Last night I ended up ordering pizza. The day got out of control and I did not have time to make my planned dinner, plus I had my family & son's girlfriend hovering around waiting for me to get their dinner. They are so spoiled; I need to come up with a solution to get some help with cooking dinner.

Hope everyone is doing good:happy:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    ok, where is everyone this weekend?????:huh:
    deb & i are around.....is everyone sticking to their plans????

i know if i don't check in, i may not be making good choices. i have to keep this site in my mind and all you ladies to help keep me in check. there will come a time when i can depend on you ladies/site to help me through things, but for right now it helps. i get lonely when no one is around on here. check in someone please:sad:

well, need to get laundry started it will take most o the day. lite rain outside this morning.

check back later.....
  • nellienell12
    Options
    I've been floating around. I'm staying close on track because I'm determined to make goal this year no matter what. I feel bad because I haven't exercised since Wed. I wanted to go for a walk yesterday, but when I actually had time I realized that I actually forgot. Weird I know, but true. Today hopefully rain will hold off so that I can go walking today. I don't like to do work out videos when everyone is awake because they sit there and watch me.

I've been tracking my calories and have still kept off the pounds from Friday's weigh in. Hopefully I can lower it by Tuesday's weigh in.

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend. Later. I have to go grocery shopping today and finish doing my laundry, yuck! :laugh:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    More from me later ... yesterday was busy as I knew it would be. Just getting breakfast ready but had to check in for ya Cathy! :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hello Cathy! I'm here, I'm here, keeping you on track! lol... I'm so glad someone is good about coming on here and keeping track during the weekends. I really become a slacker!

Shanell and Cathy, hopefully the family drama (even if it's not directly your family) is mellowing. It can really get everyone tense, and all that stress can lead to munchies. At least in our house!

Heidi, good for you for realizing your love of sweat! It's a huge step isn't it, when you start to love the exercise and how it makes you feel.

Lauryn, Yeah for positive attitudes in the face of drama and not beating yourself up for things.

Becky, don't think I'm not noticing that you're not loving yourself in your posts!

Connie, way to break the plateau! Woo Hooooo

Rhiannon, you always do the best job planning. I always kind of wing it, so I envy you your planning abilities.

Deb, I can understand frustration about everyone waiting for dinner. As if they can't get something together themselves! And cleaning out the freezer, we did that over the summer. As it gets lower and lower, it gets harder and harder to find stuff to cook. Don't forget to write something you love about yourself each day too!

DrTamm, i couldn't imagine looking for a new apt. over the internet. Sounds scary, so I wish you luck with it. And congrats on the new job. Finding a job is an accomplishment when so many are losing theirs these days. Great job making it a goal to find something each day you love about yourself. Remember, I'll be nagging if you don't... lol

Today, what I love about myself is the fact that I know when I'm crabby (and don't we all) and I remove myself from everyone, so I don't say something I'll regret later. It saves them and me bad feelings.

On a good note, I find I'm down quite a bit this weekend, even after eating out at an itallian place that has their garlic bread dripping butter..... Yum. I recently bumped up my daily calory intake, and for the first couple of days I went up, but now the weight seems to be dropping off again. It's a very good thing!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Thanks Robin! Being organized is the primary factor in my success. If I don't keep things planned I falter.

Cathy, hopefully whether or not people check in is not indicative of their resolve to stay on track over the weekend! I know for me it's a matter of being just plain busy!

Today I'm going to take Ava and Leith to this cool thing near us (we're so lucky to live in the downtown neighbourhood - EVERYTHING is close to us!) called the Undersea Gardens. It's a pacific ocean education centre. Small, but really cool. Kyle is mountain biking today and it's not park weather so out we go for some fun!

Meals today:

1. Almond butter banana oatmeal
    2. 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ hummus & alfalfa sprouts
    3. gala apple
    4. 1/2 turkey burger w/ red pepper, salsa & cheese wrapped in lettuce
    5. vanilla ice cream protein shake made w/ skim milk
    6. homemade veggie burger (beans, peppers, rice, tahini, onions etc) on 1/2 an Ezekiel english muffin w/ salsa, spinach & tomato
    7. homemade blueberry vanilla smoothie

Not that anyone has asked, but I use a lot of Ezekiel brand bread products. They are made of about 7 grains and legumes that have been sprouted to make the bread. There is no flour and little or no salt. They are REALLY basic whole foods and don't have the many extra ingredients that commercial breads have. I'm not willing to use up my calories for what is basically a base. They're usually in the freezer section.

Alright, on with the day! :bigsmile:
  • nellienell12
    Options
    I forgot my love for today. I love that I'm really motivated right now on getting skinny and healthy this year.

I got my grocery shopping done and just came back from my walk. I did crunches, the plank, and push ups to help with abs and arms. When I put in my reps and how many, I don't get any exercise calories for it. Weird considering I feel it and my tummy hurts and arms feel like sgetty when I'm done. Any who, here's what I'm eating today. Gotta eat a big dinner because didn't really eat much through the day like normal with the weekend.

B- Big bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and butter
    L- Sweet potato with cinnimon and butter
    D- Turkey loaf with mashed potatoes and corn
    S- Diet Dr. Pepper frozen bar

On a good note I haven't drank any soda yet, only water. YAY!!!!!

Anyway's, later.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Shanell, if you put the exercises in under the cardio instead of the strength training it should give you exercise calories
  • nellienell12
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try that.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    just got a strange phone call....from my bank...what!! it's sunday night....
    called the number back and they said they needed to go through some debt changes to make sure they weren't fraud charges. they were all mine....i will be calling my bank in the morning that's for sure....now DH's atm card was sent to the wrong address and we just got that straight and changed the address on mine. when you change your address for your checking they don't pass the info on to the other depts. so i could see them calling him about his card not mine. anyway will question this call.

back tomorrow...