What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I ate only one piece of pie yesterday. I also didn't keep going back for food when my mouth wanted more by my stomach was satisfied.
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My NSV:
    - Increased to a 32.5kg barbell for my bench press! I started at 25kg in October and I am so excited that I AM getting stronger and fitter
    - 1.44km run in 11 mins, an increase of 0.2km! This time last year I had severe Illiotibial Band issues in my right leg and couldn't run more than 150m. A change of shoes, losing weight and remedial massage has helped so much!
    - My husband has commented how much more toned I am...he is impressed!

Wishing everyone here a belated Merry Christmas :)
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Large shirt down from a 2X and 38 waist jeans down from 46s that probably should have been 48s. :)
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It was gorgeous here on Christmas Eve but I had to work for part of the day. Rather than just loafing at home when I was done I went for a hike in the park. Ended up doing 3.5 miles without even thinking about it and only left because I had plans.

Ended up being the one by the tree handing out presents during my family's Christmas celebration so a LOT of random pictures were taken of me in the background. So far of the ones posted, the only thing I'm upset about is a few very derpy faces I'm making and NOT because I don't like how my body looks when I'm helping kids unwrap presents or handing gifts out. A major, MAJOR improvement for me.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Went out with my 86-yr-old mom yesterday. She said my jacket was too big and she insisted on buying me a new smaller one!
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    Went out with my 86-yr-old mom yesterday. She said my jacket was too big and she insisted on buying me a new smaller one!

Nice, my mom is the same age, I'm sure she loved that!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I just started in September and have lost 18 pounds but still have 42 to go. But I have had a couple of NSVs already.
    1) I finally fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to get on for over a year.
    2) I was at the church the other day and I passed a mirror in the choir room. I always hate my reflection in this mirror because it is a wall mirror that is just leaning against the wall and it gives you a distorted image. Kind of like a fun house mirror or seeing your reflection on the side of your car. But when I saw my reflection I looked good and realized that I really did look that bad before and my image wasn't distorted. I have mixed feelings about this one. But I felt really good to see how much better I looked when I am only 1/3 of the way to my goal.
    3) This is kind if a scale victory. But I weigh less than my husband for the first time in a long time.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have made some wonderful friends in a MFP group, and I feel I have the support needed to continue my journey and eventually reach my goal!
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Prior to my weight gain, I had a sharp jawline, my best feature I dare say!! It completely disappeared since 2009. Its just made an appearance since last month or so When I took up running!!! YAY!!!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Need to stay motivated (after Christmas with New Year's still to come!) so I trolled the back of my wardrobe this morning and found three 'new' outfits to wear to work next week! So motivating!
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Putting on my ski pants yesterday and realising they're really loose and super comfy (they were seriously close to exploding every time I put them on last March). I started off in August 2015 with 2 goals: one was to fit comfortably into my close again, and the second was to reach my goal weight. Super psyched I reached one of those goals in 2015, and I have the other one to look forward to in 2016!
    BTW, shoutout to everyone who's posted on their NSV. What a lot of motivation on this thread. Amazing!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I fit snugly into sz 14's! Started in tight 20/22's ...
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I took up walking again on my treadmill last night instead of binging on leftovers!
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Put on paints today. That 4 yrs ago would. Not have been able to zip shut then,Today button. Up one virtually. With one hand!!!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    The belt I bought for my work pants (in January) that used to barely fit and be a little tight when I sit now has to be in the 5th (and last!) hole, and is still a little bit big when I'm standing.

Also just before Christmas I tried on some dresses, the 2x in plus sizes I expected to fit was very large on me, and the size 18 I didn't expect to fit (used to wearing a 22/24) fit perfectly!
  • cdlee1010
    cdlee1010 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    At Crossfit, I did 150 wall balls in 6 minutes, 10 seconds...Trainer said it's probably the best time anyone has ever had there! And, I decided to go back the same day for another class and do it all again!
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Looking at myself and not adding 50 more pounds to what I see-but really seeing what I look like and embracing it flaws and all :smiley:
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I love this thread and read it often to keep me motivated.

At Christmas my mum said to me...you're not going to lose any more are you? It's the first time ever she's implied that I'm not horrendously fat! And yes, I am still about 30 lbs away from an ideal weight, though might settle for 20lbs more.
  • Stephlb627
    Stephlb627 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is taking a selfie with my daughter and seeing dimples again! I have hated how I've looked for so long and I actually don't hate this picture and my dimples are back. Can't remember the last time I saw those, I know it was when a Bush was in office! Even the fact that I was willing to take a selfie is a NSV in itself. I really needed that motivation, too. Have been becoming complacent recently, so thank you God!

What's your recent NSV?

Buying a new bra!! I went from 46 around to 40 around!! I probably could have squashed into a 38 but I'm kinda fond of breathing!!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Stephlb627 wrote: »
    My most recent NSV is taking a selfie with my daughter and seeing dimples again! I have hated how I've looked for so long and I actually don't hate this picture and my dimples are back. Can't remember the last time I saw those, I know it was when a Bush was in office! Even the fact that I was willing to take a selfie is a NSV in itself. I really needed that motivation, too. Have been becoming complacent recently, so thank you God!

What's your recent NSV?

Buying a new bra!! I went from 46 around to 40 around!! I probably could have squashed into a 38 but I'm kinda fond of breathing!!

Well done, 6" off is quite impressive!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!