Dry January Challenge, roll up and join in!

Options

Replies

• kdrury21
    kdrury21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My partner is taking me out Saturday night so I'll start from Sunday. I need to get back on track after the festivities so this is a good start :smile:
  • klwells444
    klwells444 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in for dry January
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Last night, knowing I couldn't afford the calories if I drank the way I usually do on New Year's Eve, I switched to soda water with a little sour cherry juice in it. It looks red and festive in a wine glass, I like the taste--not too sweet--and it left me sober at midnight, a welcome change. But I wasn't averse to tasting the occasional wine my husband recommended. Four or five different sips over the evening let me try some new ones but didn't amount to intoxication or too many calories. Nice to wake up not hungover! Normally, once we starting making music, I'd be sipping on a never-empty glass of bourbon, which by two in the morning makes for a problem. By the end of the evening, I could still remember the words to most of the songs!
  • Suerhv
    Suerhv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in! May take one day off on my birthday but otherwise I'm here!
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I do dry january every year too! I'm in...started early this year on the 28th I think...wooooohooo!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    Or you can not quit alcohol and just have it in moderation. Quitting it out all together will probably cause you to binge why not just have one drink and make it a vodka soda or something of the sorts.

Alcohols not really one of the 'foods' you binge on because you're trying to say 'NO' to it. A BINGE drinker might, but not the average dieter. If I say I'm not gonna drink this month, and then I meet someone at a bar, I'll think 'hmm, I'll order one, oh well.' And that'd be it. It's not like chocolate where you think 'had 3, May as well eat the rest.'

I say go on with the challenge.

You are wrong.

This is one of those instances where there is no right or wrong.

I can go without alcohol for a month (or more) and then have 1 or 2 drinks at some point.

Others find it's their weakness and 1 drink leads to 3 more + snacks.

To each their own.

On topic:

I'm in :)

~Lyssa
  • julsmarshall
    julsmarshall Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I too have been overindulging and it usually leads (for me) to overindulging in the food department.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    More people to join our sober group, Hi @Suerhv, @toe1226, @macgurlnet & @julsmarshall :)
  • daniellet11995
    daniellet11995 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in Mam :(
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    I am in Mam :(

Lol, and you look so happy about it too ;) xx
  • lisaloses36
    lisaloses36 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This is the first year in a long time that I rang in the new year drinking WATER out of my red solo cup!
  • Palmeralex
    Palmeralex Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am joining you from today!! Recent program on tv said that the best thing you can do to boost your health is take time off from booze if you are a drinker. There is no drug that can provide the combined benefits! I will find this very difficult.
  • charli3anne
    charli3anne Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Starting a dry January today as well, kick start for the new year
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Starting today.
  • megantpratt
    megantpratt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Palmeralex wrote: »
    I am joining you from today!! Recent program on tv said that the best thing you can do to boost your health is take time off from booze if you are a drinker. There is no drug that can provide the combined benefits! I will find this very difficult.
    You've seen my diary lol, it won't be easy for me either. Glad you joined in :)

Hi @megantpratt , @Linseymout @charli3anne @lisaloses36 glad you all joined in :)

• colleendodd642
    colleendodd642 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Started today!
  • tarasaran
    tarasaran Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Signed up and drink free as from today looking forward to after so much indulgence over Xmas look forward to sharing experiences good luck