P90X

Options

Replies

• jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    Options
    Shoulders and Arms + Ab Ripper today. By far the easiest workout so far (not easy, just easier)...with the exception of the Ab Ripper. Felt too early to be doing it again. I was really sore from Monday still!

Feeling good after day 3...87 to go!
  • jokerrn
    Options
    I seriously think that the muscles in my face are the only muscles I own that aren't sore right now...

It's such a great feeling. :wink:
  • gfr3228
    gfr3228 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Way to go jokerrn, keep at it. Worked with one of my Lt.'s yesterday and he's got the program too. Lasted all of 2 weeks before he dropped it. I'm STILL waiting on mine, seems UPS got the shipping info Monday and it's still sitting in California, getting very frustrated. We're working out together on duty Saturday using his disc's, so one way or the other I'll finally get to feel what you guys are talking about. Still doing lot's of push ups, sit ups, pull ups along with the running trying to prepare.

Great job, stick to it!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I seriously think that the muscles in my face are the only muscles I own that aren't sore right now...

HAHAHA, sorry didn't mean to laugh! If your face muscles aren't sore then you weren't working hard enough... j/k

Are you using the recovery drink?? I didn't think it would make much of a difference until I tried it. WOW, it really does help. (it has glutamine & a little creatine in it) My hubby swears by it otherwise he gets super sore!

keep it up!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Way to go jokerrn, keep at it. Worked with one of my Lt.'s yesterday and he's got the program too. Lasted all of 2 weeks before he dropped it. I'm STILL waiting on mine, seems UPS got the shipping info Monday and it's still sitting in California, getting very frustrated. We're working out together on duty Saturday using his disc's, so one way or the other I'll finally get to feel what you guys are talking about. Still doing lot's of push ups, sit ups, pull ups along with the running trying to prepare.

Great job, stick to it!

Hope you get it soon! It is worth the wait!! Pushups and pullups will help get you prepped. Tony knows how to work you out in a variety of ways, all different kinds of pushups and pullups.

Jess
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    yes i agree with jessmom on the recovery drink, waiting on ups to bring mine hope it gets here b4 i start! thats funny on the face muscles!:laugh:
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options

I did legs & back + ab ripper X this morning...My face muscles hurt. :sad:
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    :laugh: thats funny!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 1 of Week 2! I'm feeling absolutely wonderful and I've already lost 2 pounds (my goal is 2 pounds a week). I'm still sore all over but i think it gets easier and easier to stick to the workout. and the further you go, the more focus and strength you want to put in your workout. it's freaking fantastic! i hope you all love your P90X as much as I do!
  • kenewayne
    Options
    I am on Day 1 of Week 2! I'm feeling absolutely wonderful and I've already lost 2 pounds (my goal is 2 pounds a week). I'm still sore all over but i think it gets easier and easier to stick to the workout. and the further you go, the more focus and strength you want to put in your workout. it's freaking fantastic! i hope you all love your P90X as much as I do!

Sore....but, LOV-ING IT!! :bigsmile:
  • jokerrn
    Options

HAHAHA, sorry didn't mean to laugh! If your face muscles aren't sore then you weren't working hard enough... j/k

Are you using the recovery drink?? I didn't think it would make much of a difference until I tried it. WOW, it really does help. (it has glutamine & a little creatine in it) My hubby swears by it otherwise he gets super sore!

keep it up!

Jess

Alright, you talked me into it. I ordered some of the recovery drink. We'll see how it works. Thanks for the advice. Off to do Yoga X for the first time...
  • jokerrn
    Options
    I just did yoga for the first time and guess what!

I hate it. :angry:

Please tell me it gets better. Don't get me wrong, I sweated my *kitten* off at times...but I was frustrated at not being able to do the moves, or not knowing what the moves were, or falling on my butt. And 90 minutes is a long workout. I actually cussed at Tony Horton (well, at the TV, really) during the workout.

Okay, enough venting. I will now get back to my regularly scheduled praise of this program.

I love P90X. :flowerforyou:
  • kenewayne
    Options
    I just did yoga for the first time and guess what!

I hate it. :angry:

Please tell me it gets better. Don't get me wrong, I sweated my *kitten* off at times...but I was frustrated at not being able to do the moves, or not knowing what the moves were, or falling on my butt. And 90 minutes is a long workout. I actually cussed at Tony Horton (well, at the TV, really) during the workout.

Okay, enough venting. I will now get back to my regularly scheduled praise of this program.

I love P90X. :flowerforyou:

Could NOT agree with you more on the Yoga X thing!! I felt like an idiot, and did more falling over then actual Yoga! :mad: You did better than me though, I got so frustrated, I turned him (Tony) off after 45 minutes!! ....then I felt REALLY bad though! :frown: I actually got on my Wii Fit just so I could get used to the moves....I'll be ready to BRING IT next week!! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Could NOT agree with you more on the Yoga X thing!! I felt like an idiot, and did more falling over then actual Yoga! :mad: You did better than me though, I got so frustrated, I turned him (Tony) off after 45 minutes!! ....then I felt REALLY bad though! :frown: I actually got on my Wii Fit just so I could get used to the moves....I'll be ready to BRING IT next week!! :wink:

Yoga is NOT my favorite either. But... it does get easier and it *is* good for you! If you can make it through the first 50 min (vinyasas) the last 40 min is balance postures which are not as difficult. :bigsmile: Get ready for Legs & Back!!

Jess
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I don't like the yoga at all but i've never been a fan of yoga either so i just replace it with either cardio x or kenpo x. :-)
  • kenewayne
    Options
    I don't like the yoga at all but i've never been a fan of yoga either so i just replace it with either cardio x or kenpo x. :-)

Just did Kenpo X for the first time in my life...what a BLAST! That was a FUN workout, and I kept in the "zone" for 40 minutes!! Worked out all of the soreness from lesg & back yesterday!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Just did Kenpo X for the first time in my life...what a BLAST! That was a FUN workout, and I kept in the "zone" for 40 minutes!! Worked out all of the soreness from lesg & back yesterday!!

Great job!! Sword Hammer! :bigsmile:
  • jokerrn
    Options
    I am sitting here wondering how in the hell I am going to get through Legs today when I can barely walk...My hamstrings and butt muscles are sore still from Plyo!

Hopefully the warm-up is good and I will be loose and ready to go when we start the lunges. Can't wait.
  • jokerrn
    Options
    Just as I suspected, Legs and Back was brutal...but awesome. Sweat more than any other workout, I think. Then, just when I thought I was done...I looked at the sheet and noticed I had to do Ab Ripper X. Yes!

I will not be walking tomorrow.
  • gfr3228
    gfr3228 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing Play Joker, great job. Still sitting and weighting for mine to arrive, it finally arrived in NC yesterday and I should get it Monday. Weighed in this morning and lost 3 lbs this week with clean eating (except for one slice of pizza yesterday....) over the past week and running, push ups, dumbell work trying to get ready for the real thing! Hopefully you'll have another workout partner next week.:bigsmile: