What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    That beautiful sundress in the back of your closet that technically 'fits', but you won't wear because it's sooooo tight?
    Yeah. 80 lbs down, and it fits beautifully. Everywhere but my chest. This thing used to hold my boobs up all by itself, now I need a bra? And a strapless one at that, which I still can't find in my size for a price I'm willing to pay, so I STILL CAN'T WEAR THIS SUNDRESS!!!

AARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I experienced something like this with a top I like. I could wear it before, but thought it would look nicer if I lost some weight. I was right ... sort of. It hangs better everywhere except that it really needs boobs. I have lost quite a bit there, but in that top, I now look concave!! Yikes!!! I'm going to have to stuff a bra with socks or something in order to wear it. :lol:

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    If the bust of something article of clothing no longer fits (or never fit) right, that's where knowing a talented tailor/seamstress is key.

Tailoring clothes versus trying to wear something off the rack is the secret weapon of the small busted woman to go from looking good to great. Without breaking out the padded bras/socks/rice bags/falsies/etceteras.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 75 now and when people say "wow you look like you lost alot of weight" I think they are just being nice. I mean I bet they are right but I can hardly see a difference
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    that I could do it.

I think this sums up the whole thread :smiley:
    4homer wrote: »
    I lost almost 75 now and when people say "wow you look like you lost alot of weight" I think they are just being nice. I mean I bet they are right but I can hardly see a difference

I never saw the difference until, I printed out two face pics of me and laid them side by side at 50 pounds. Then it clicked.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I echo so many of ^^^ the posts above - they ring with my truth.

I think the biggy for me is the brain not catching up. Two years in maintenance and my silhouette, my reflection and the size of clothes I wear still surprise me.
  • lpetty22
    lpetty22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    4mricandy wrote: »
    Stay off the scale!!! The belt is the ultimate motivator!!!
    minties82 wrote: »
    I've only lost 46lbs so not much, but so far:

Negative
    - my mother in law is threatened by my loss and is telling me I'm about to fade away and to stop now (I'm still 90-100lbs overweight and morbidly obese!)
    - no one at all can tell I have lost any weight. I have to tell them and they look surprised
    - the baggy skin isn't on my stomach, it's all on my inner thighs and it looks terrible

Positive
    - my skin looks glorious
    - I get asked for ID when buying my husband some wine (I'm 32 and haven't been asked for many years)
    - my boobs haven't shrunk much at all
    - my period is morr regular
    - walking makes me feel awesome rather than tired
    - confidence when talking to others
    - men in shops will smile and ask me how my day is going now

Ditto to everything! Plus I get more guys hunting me down just to say hi....LOL! Also asking if I'm single...I'm handling it a lot better than I thought I would
  • lpetty22
    lpetty22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    xesixb wrote: »
    *How light & stronger I feel
    *How cold my hands & feet are all the time
    *Weight-loss journey=emotional roller-coaster
    *Sometimes I feel I haven't lost a pound
    *New insecurities
    *Constipation still the same
    *More energy, no more sluggish feelings
    *Learned lots of new recipes

Metamucil is awesome for constipation....I get the sugar-free smooth Orange...
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I ran 8 miles today! The longest distance I've ever run.
    Wow, that's far! I can't even walk 8 miles. Good job!

• Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I ran 8 miles today! The longest distance I've ever run.
    Wow, that's far! I can't even walk 8 miles. Good job!

Thanks. I actually thought I'd posted this in the latest nsv's thread lol. But I guess it can fit in here. Nobody told me I'd be able to run 8 miles after losing weight hehe
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    cue_chik wrote: »
    The very first time you DON'T have to shop in the plus size section!

An amazing experience. Good for you!
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    That I won't be able to drink like a sailor anymore....less me, means less tolerance.
  • Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great post!! Lots of lovely motivation here!!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    My top hat is now too loose, and I feel like I never really enjoyed it enough when I could wear it :frowning:
  • SamiHearken
    SamiHearken Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I took my nephew to a work Christmas event and my coworkers were doting over him while asking how much weight id lost and I was able to say, "well, more then him!" I wore him in a baby carrier (he's 8 months old and weighs about 8kg) and it felt weird thinking that this kid weighed less then what I had lost yet he was so heavy!
  • tbcolman
    tbcolman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mariamathsgeek - I read this thread every night and your comments are so true for me -

"I've learned that it's OK to feel my emotions (even the really negative ones) instead of stuffing them down with food or self-medicating with wine.

I've learned that life doesn't miraculously become perfect just because you have lost weight. The problems that were there beforehand still exist....but improving your health, fitness and appearance does help you to feel stronger when dealing with challenges.

I've learned that I no longer want to please people all the time, that it's OK to say 'no' to things I don't want to do and that putting myself down to make others laugh or feel better about themselves is not something I need to do to be liked."

It's so good to know you're not the only one thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!