Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge - Eighth Term

13»

Replies

• RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Sammich_v2 wrote: »
    About 7.15am on Thursday (I was on the bus to work so I worried it hadn't gone through properly), and got the owl reply after 5pm that evening.
    Hope you hear soon @hayslip1974!

I don't want to disappoint you but I applied on the Wednesday the 30th and am on the waiting list. I think it might also depend on which house you nominated for too. The popular ones obviously get more people wanting to be in the house/signing up etc.

No, not disappointed (I got waitlisted last time and didn't hear anything after that) ... well, maybe a little :p
    I opted for Hufflepuff, not sure if that's a popular one or not, but I'd be happy with any house.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    sad face, I got wait-listed. Oh well, maybe next time, this sounded so fun. Good luck to all those that got in, I'll be routing for you!
  • jkreutzfeldt
    jkreutzfeldt Posts: 420 Member
    Bummer, I'm wait listed too. :(

Xxghost-- I wonder with so many being wait listed if it would be possible to start a second Hogwarts group similar to the first? Would there be anyone who could help run it? I've looked at all the other challenges, and no others compare to this one. It'd be great if more got to participate! :)
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    People tend to drop out throughout the semester so there's still a chance you'll have an opportunity to join the challenge this term :smile:
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Also Also Also keep an eye out for the Divergent Challenge! It's another wonderful challenge group, not sure when things will start up again, but it's very well organized and has some of the Hogwarts folks participating.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Xxghost-- I wonder with so many being wait listed if it would be possible to start a second Hogwarts group similar to the first? Would there be anyone who could help run it? I've looked at all the other challenges, and no others compare to this one. It'd be great if more got to participate! :)

Unfortunately, with the amount of time and thought that goes into this challenge, replicating it for another 120 students in a second group would be a handful. We tried to juggle a second group a few terms back, and it ended up being overly confusing, as the two groups were doing different challenges at different times, and students were getting mixed up.

But a lot of students drop through-out the term, as the challenge is more demanding than they had originally anticipated. We normally move through the wait list pretty quickly, especially in the first couple of weeks.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    If you have been waitlisted and are dying to start a challenge, then look out for the Divergent challenge, mentioned above (I'm not sure when that one will begin again), or check out the Game of Thrones Challenge!

A new Game of Thrones Challenge is starting this Sunday, January 10 and there are still spots left. You don't need to have read the books or watched the TV show to participate. If you are looking for camaraderie and to be spurred on to greater fitness, while waiting for a call off of the waitlist from Hogwarts, or for the next Hogwarts term to be announced, then check out the Game of Thrones Challenge: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10306366/new-game-of-thrones-challenge#latest
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Since I am just seeing about this challenge today, is there a way that I could be notified before next term?
  • LindsayPosey
    LindsayPosey Posts: 2,638 Member
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    Since I am just seeing about this challenge today, is there a way that I could be notified before next term?

Same.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member

Same.

You're both welcome to apply for this term, using the link provided in the first post. Once you're on the waiting list, you'll be notified of the upcoming term.

When we start a new term, we begin by giving 24 hours for current students to sign up first.
    Next, we take directly from the waiting list.
    After we've exhausted the list, we make a thread in the forums.

So applying for this term truly is the best way to stay in touch!
  • sinnybri
    sinnybri Posts: 1,174 Member
    Alas! Wait listed!
  • laurac2605
    laurac2605 Posts: 16 Member
    This is amazing :)
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    edited January 2016
    [/quote]When we start a new term, we begin by giving 24 hours for current students to sign up first.
    Next, we take directly from the waiting list.
    After we've exhausted the list, we make a thread in the forums.

So applying for this term truly is the best way to stay in touch![/quote]

This is awesome, I've been waitlisted for this one, but hopefully since I applied once I'll be able to get in for term 9 (hope it's not too far away!). love this idea :smiley:

• c0c0nutHead
    c0c0nutHead Posts: 20 Member
    This is a super fun idea! I'm a huge HP fan and love this for motivation! Sent my sign up :)
  • totalpotterhead
    totalpotterhead Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    :o
    xxghost wrote: »
    Good evening! As I see that we now have an awesome new Challenges forum, I thought I would spread the word about our Hogwarts challenge here as well!
    0-HogwartsCrest.jpg

Attention all would-be Wizards, Witches, Half-bloods, Squibs and Muggles.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry are approaching their eighth term, and we are looking for applicants to join for the new term.

Firstly, some information about what to expect from your term at Hogwarts:

Basics:
    • This is an eight-week weight-loss challenge, beginning on Monday, January 4th.
    • All players will be sorted into houses. These are your teams - look to each other for advice, support, and motivation.
    • Each week, players will weigh themselves on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (EST). Weight loss will be totaled up (not by pounds lost, but by percentage, similar to the Muggle television show Biggest Loser) for each house.
    • Houses will be awarded house points based on how much weight was lost. The house with the largest percentage will receive the most points, and the house with the smallest percentage will receive the least.
    • The term will include mini challenges each week, which will include: Quidditch (exercise), Potions (food/dietary), Defence Against the Dark Arts (trivia etc - we are a school after all), as well as a multitude of other small challenges. There is ALWAYS something happening at Hogwarts!
    • The House Cup will be awarded to the house with the most points at the end of the term!

Benefits:
    • Geek out over all things Harry Potter with like-minded people! The entire challenge is Harry Potter themed, right down to the names of the threads in the group.
    • Make friends, and be supported by a fantastic group of people!
    • Relax! This is a safe, stress-free challenge. No one is voted off if they do not lose every week.
    • Get motivated! We'll push you every day with different health-related challenges. Do what you can, and you'll probably find you're more capable than you thought!
    • Lose weight!

To apply for a position at Hogwarts for the next term, please fill in the online Hogwarts Enrollment Application.

We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out on a place at the school. There are only a small number of vacancies available in each house.

REMEMBER
    • You MUST fill in the enrollment form in order to enroll in the next term
    • Applications are taken on a first come first served basis

Once you have been accepted, your house prefect will be in contact and you will receive an invitation to the School group and your House Common Room here on MFP. Please be assured though, that if we are unable to sort you into a house at this stage, we will wait-list you for any vacancies that arise throughout the term.

Hogwarts is an equal opportunity school, and has openings available for people with all levels of ability, as well as places for students who are maintaining or gaining weight.

Questions may be posted here, or sent via owl (Muggles call them... PM's?).

Sincerely yours,
    freesiasun5
    Head Girl

If you are interested, please check out the provided link. If you have any questions, just post them here!

Best,
    Ghost (Headmistress)

I just got to know about this challenge :( am I too late? I am not able to go to the link given. It says the page is not available.
  • Singleys
    Singleys Posts: 124 Member
    Just applied for the next term