5,000 cals a day, high carb all raw all vegan diet? Freelee (the banana girl)

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    myssjaxson wrote: »
    LOL @ those who think I'm supporting her. I'm sharing the crazy because I think its funny and also interesting considering so many people believe her claims even though scientifically it is impossible. I was looking to have a lightened chat/discussion on the insanity but I suppose not.

I don't mind those accusing me of condoning her though I don't understand how as I blatantly explained I wasn't, but its cool. Lol.

Only one person may have accused you, and she said straight up she stopped reading when she saw Freelee's name.

And said I was only suggesting that you're bringing her more clicks. As thorsmom eloquently explained.

I know. I'm just not as eloquent.

Nor am I!
  • myssjaxson
    myssjaxson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    For kicks, here is someone else's (actual) experiences with 5000+kcal hight fat and high carb diets.
    http://live.smashthefat.com/5000-calorie-carb-challenge-day-21/
    http://live.smashthefat.com/5000-calorie-challenge-day-21/

The high carb challenge is nutritionally pretty poor in my opinion, a SAD diet.

Apparantly they have a petition to get her banned from youtube, I've already signed it a while back. One of my biggest issues with her not looking at the fact she gives false and dangerous info out is that her videos are fat-shaming and vulturous, she attacks other youtubers by making reply videos or commenting on their own videos. She once made a video on Trisha Paytas, a curvy/slightly overweight youtuber who has had a lot of issues with her weight most of her life, and the video she made on her was taking clips where Trisha's stomach was exposed and zooming in on it, talking about it, taking clips of her emotional videos, so on and so forth. Pretty much just grinding them down until there is nothing left. That is not only killing people physically, its killing them mentally.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    myssjaxson wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    For kicks, here is someone else's (actual) experiences with 5000+kcal hight fat and high carb diets.
    http://live.smashthefat.com/5000-calorie-carb-challenge-day-21/
    http://live.smashthefat.com/5000-calorie-challenge-day-21/

The high carb challenge is nutritionally pretty poor in my opinion, a SAD diet.

Apparantly they have a petition to get her banned from youtube, I've already signed it a while back. One of my biggest issues with her not looking at the fact she gives false and dangerous info out is that her videos are fat-shaming and vulturous, she attacks other youtubers by making reply videos or commenting on their own videos. She once made a video on Trisha Paytas, a curvy/slightly overweight youtuber who has had a lot of issues with her weight most of her life, and the video she made on her was taking clips where Trisha's stomach was exposed and zooming in on it, talking about it, taking clips of her emotional videos, so on and so forth. Pretty much just grinding them down until there is nothing left. That is not only killing people physically, its killing them mentally.

I haven't watched her video. I saw her once and that was enough for me. Forever.

The links I provided are someone else's 5000 kcal 21 day diets. One is high fat and one is high carb.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    There are only a few possible positives about Freelee
    1. Elgintensity roasting her and DurianRider on Exercises in Futility channel.
    2. The possibility of someone getting her and Robert Lustig. As much as I'd hate proceeds to go to either one, I think I'd pay more to see that that what I'd be willing to pay for full footage of the Alan Aragon and Taubes debate.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The calorie recommendation is clearly bogus. To suggest that all men should be eating over 3,000 calories would certainly lead to fat gain for many, and same for the 2,500 calorie suggestion for women.
    And for those that are genetically susceptible, I agree with those that have mentioned it that this diet would send a lot of people on the road to diabetes.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Freelee is a *kitten*!
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I was reading an article recently about a guy eating 8,500 calories a day, didn't gain weight but did lose 7% body fat. In the short term it is interesting. I can't think of many people able to do this for very long. It is sort of interesting how many people have large caloric days depending on their workout routines.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I would be so constipated if I ate that many bananas.

Opposite for me! ! I'd never be off the loo!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with her at all, and tbh she's a bit of a nutter. I don't think she's as healthy as she makes out, it's far from the only way to live a healthy lifestyle, eating meat is not bad for you, and the amount of people she criticises just for not doing the same as her is insane. On the other hand, I admit I quite like watching her videos. I'm aware that's making her money.

I watch her videos partly because I enjoy half of them, drama and all (I watch a few channels where I don't agree with their viewpoints) and partly because I am interested in cutting down on meat products, for many reasons. I have no intention of living a fully vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, however I don't believe it a bad thing to have more fruit and veg in your diet, learn a wider variety of recipes where you're not reliant on meat, or to just choose not go crazy with animal products (I currently eat meat pretty much every day)

If you watch it, just make sure you have a critical mind. As with every place of advice etc on the internet, a lot of what you read or watch is going to be BS. Research, use your own brain, and make your own judgements on things before blindly following other people.

It's also ironic she openly speaks of her disorderd past with food and drugs but can't see what she is doing is massive restriction and binging lol
  • Talanch
    Talanch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    latest?cb=20130812165129
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Too much of anything ruins it, including fruit. I'm not even going to look at her site. I'm doing fine without looking. A little bit of all the things in the right proportions works fine, and myfitnesspal teaches you all that already if you use it. Plain and not very exciting or splashy or glittery I know, but it works fine.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i think its dangerous to even bring her up on here becauce people might think "oh thats a good idea"
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of many who actually become unhealthy on "her" diet (it is not hers- it's been around a while. She just promotes it). She does do a scary amount of exercise every day though, so I'm sure 3000 is maître menace for her. I think she's horrible (has made a video about Every. Single. Celebrity. And how they have an eating disorder), and has gone on to bash others who follow 80/10/10 raw vegan (fullyrawkristina).
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    And no, that many bananas will NOT kill you. The potassium levels are far lower than what is dangerous
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of many who actually become unhealthy on "her" diet (it is not hers- it's been around a while. She just promotes it). She does do a scary amount of exercise every day though, so I'm sure 3000 is maître menace for her. I think she's horrible (has made a video about Every. Single. Celebrity. And how they have an eating disorder), and has gone on to bash others who follow 80/10/10 raw vegan (fullyrawkristina).

As far as i'm concerned kristina needs more bashers.

She is the fakest cringeworthy youtuber out there. And a real b$%$ in person. No love and light, just money and money.
  • rmfarris987
    rmfarris987 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm Vegan and I'm at the moment 235lbs bodybuilder and I would never eat like that 150g protein 600g of carbs and 65g fats 3750 calories a day. I've been as big as 250lbs bulking with 5000 calories but that little lady would be as big as a house. I don't think anyone should ever drop below 1200 calories a day and you should never take out a food group either proteins carbs and fats are all important for your health
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Sadly my brothers ex girlfriend eats like this. De organic and mostly bananas. She is now a yoga model... :(
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    She seems like a complete and utter nutter.
  • AbsoluteLM
    AbsoluteLM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, she definitely shouldn't be recommending this diet without the proper research, but it looks like she's from Australia and I don't know what the rules governing diets and diet products are over there.

In any case, she's thin because all she does is eat fruit and ride her bike. Lol. It's like being washed up on a desert island and surviving only on coconuts and mangos. Sure, you'll be skinny, but you'll be running some serious nutrient deficits.