"New Year New Me"......shut up and get out the gym

Options
KD454
KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
Anyone else really hate this time of year?...... where the two week wonders come out out the woodwork crowding you ever so loved fitness space.

Replies

• dylan_a_fit
    dylan_a_fit Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    lol trained both Christmas day and New years, Gym was empty besides me and a few other lads competing, was absolute bliss, But tonight it was ridiculous
  • KD454
    Options
    I thought my 5 A.M. workout was safe, but no.....25 new people. 3 of which may actually stick it out
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    KD454 wrote: »
    I thought my 5 A.M. workout was safe, but no.....25 new people. 3 of which may actually stick it out

none of them better be of the female gender :wink:
  • KD454
    Options
    KD454 wrote: »

none of them better be of the female gender :wink:

Well TBH there were several, but none as beautiful as you.
  • dylan_a_fit
    dylan_a_fit Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    ^the point is for some that people there for the sake of being there are taking up space
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy this time of year. My classes are full and it's so much more enjoyable teaching a full class. Another plus is that newbies are willing to listen, regulars come to my classes and exhibit poor form while ignoring my cues.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Everybody has to start somewhere. Instead of bitching about them, why not make them feel welcome and greet them. Or even offer advice like how to look cool wearing sunglasses inside.
  • M111111111
    M111111111 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Everybody has to start somewhere. Instead of bitching about them, why not make them feel welcome and greet them. Or even offer advice like how to look cool wearing sunglasses inside.

This.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Tbonz922 and @jsummd although I don't go to the gym and if I did I'd be one of the ones being viewed with derision. I always like when new people come out to things...potential people to help out I always think
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

latest?cb=20140621195558

picard_clapping.gif
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

latest?cb=20140621195558

picard_clapping.gif

I keep a rap battle gif on speed dial @Jackie0Marie

rap-battle-parody-o.gif
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

THIS!!!
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options

#rekt
  • MaxPower6868
    MaxPower6868 Posts: 220 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    THIS thread is what keeps more people from going to the gym (and kept me off the blackjack tables). There was a day when it was your 1st time in the gym. If you were met with the attitude that started this thread, how likely would it have been that you would stick with it?
    fdr1yyt2ab5r.jpg
    gym.jpg 76.5K
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ I agree. Someone mentioned no real aspirations, maybe if the newbies were offered help and advice their aspiration would be real.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    What @_incogNEATo_ said, give the new people a warm welcome. Make them feel reaaaal comfortable. Sometimes you just gotta be a good spotter, some people are afraid to ask, just get in there, all nice and deep like. tumblr_mvwh0iIe1q1rt8levo2_500.gif
    Maybe they will return the favor one day and hold the camera for you. gl19p7bq56290a291274d897021489.gif