Any other women hate having periods

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    I need birth control for acne. I am not going to cut that out. And mine doesn't get rid of my period. It protects me from getting knocked up. My doctor told me to take birth control for safety and acne.

And no birth control protects you from pregnancy and can help clear acne. I don't know any woman who loses their period from it

Right, but again, I am not suggesting you cut OUT your birth control. Literally the opposite. No one wants you to get acne or babies! :smile:

What is your pill pack like? Are you on a 21-day active pill pack with a 7-day placebo, or a 24-day active pill pack with a 4-day placebo?

28 day pack

Oh okay great! Now we're getting somewhere.

So instead of taking the 4 placebos, just skip those and go straight onto the next pack. Voila, no period.

Wait what? So switch the times I take the pill? I don't understand

I urge you not to do this without consulting your doctor. Yes, skipping periods by using BC pills this way is often done but anytime you screw around with prescribed medications you should consult a physician.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    If I didn't have periods I wouldn't have children and amenorrhea increases the risk of osteoperosis

It's worth the discomfort ..most of the time

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    I love having my period. It's the best. Bleeding and having cravings that make it hard to stay in my calorie limit are so much fun. Oh, and cramps are the best part!

totally i love the headaches, heating pad having to be glued to my back and front

crying at commercials lol good thing i got tasty food around to eat today ..pms going to get beastly
  • pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    I need birth control for acne. I am not going to cut that out. And mine doesn't get rid of my period. It protects me from getting knocked up. My doctor told me to take birth control for safety and acne.

And no birth control protects you from pregnancy and can help clear acne. I don't know any woman who loses their period from it

Right, but again, I am not suggesting you cut OUT your birth control. Literally the opposite. No one wants you to get acne or babies! :smile:

What is your pill pack like? Are you on a 21-day active pill pack with a 7-day placebo, or a 24-day active pill pack with a 4-day placebo?

28 day pack

Oh okay great! Now we're getting somewhere.

So instead of taking the 4 placebos, just skip those and go straight onto the next pack. Voila, no period.

Wait what? So switch the times I take the pill? I don't understand

I urge you not to do this without consulting your doctor. Yes, skipping periods by using BC pills this way is often done but anytime you screw around with prescribed medications you should consult a physician.

Sure. Always consult your doctor. Bring it up though for sure.

More info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP0Mcq73eyo
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I can't spend time hating something that happens naturally.

Exactly!
  • EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Nothing like stuffing your face for days before it happens, and then you're in bed for the first 3 or 4 days of having it! I only had 5 since last Christmas throughout this past year, and I was GLAD. When I'm not having them I'm so relieved that I didn't have to deal with it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    MVY_ wrote: »
    I wish i was having periods 127 day cycle and im not even pregnant :'(

You want mine....here take it. I hate having an appetite

What's wrong with an appetite. Cave in for a day if you have to and get back on the bandwagon. Be glad you have your period. Some women looks around corners for theirs.

I don't know. I just hate having an appetite. My period makes me want to rip my vagina right out

My appetite goes up right before my period starts. So I eat at normal foods at maintenance level calories for a few days. Problem solved.

Also, you may not be eating a high enough proportion of foods that fill you up. Yesterday, you had 80 grams of protein left to 0 carbs. Try eating more protein. Are you a vegetarian? You may find legumes more filling than peanut butter crackers.

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I LOVE THEM! I love bleeding for a week, and feeling crampy and bloated. I love having it show up for every stinking special occasion, and ESPECIALLY on the one weekend where I am able to have a special date with my sweetheart!

I love the sore boobs, and occasional cramps, and how I never quite know when it's going to hit, but that I can almost guarantee it's at the worst possible time!

haha

Yeah. Nope.
  • Elen1a
    Elen1a Posts: 7 Member
    Even though my periods are way better now I've lost weight I despise them, definitely. $-5 days of bloating, water retention and being uncomfortable for nothing.

Well, for me its for nothing. I have never had, nor feel I will ever have any interest in having children. I felt that way at 12 years old when I got a rubella jab and was cheerfully told by the nurse I'd "change my mind when I'm older!" 20 years later I still feel the same way - I don't hate them, I have a niece who is beyond beautiful, but I just have no interest in pregnancy/ having a family of my own. Partially as I doubt I'd be good mother material, partially just as the urge isn't there and I doubt it will be.

A tad off topic and again, not saying anything against those who have/ want children. In my case however periods really do seem useless and a pain in the rear :p (and yes, I know I could go get injections or whatever to have them less frequently. I just refuse to have any medical treatment if I do not deem it necessary - just a preference and I'm in good health. Guess I'm stuck with them lol).
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

What's wrong with an appetite. Cave in for a day if you have to and get back on the bandwagon. Be glad you have your period. Some women looks around corners for theirs.

I don't know. I just hate having an appetite. My period makes me want to rip my vagina right out

My appetite goes up right before my period starts. So I eat at normal foods at maintenance level calories for a few days. Problem solved.

Also, you may not be eating a high enough proportion of foods that fill you up. Yesterday, you had 80 grams of protein left to 0 carbs. Try eating more protein. Are you a vegetarian? You may find legumes more filling than peanut butter crackers.

Yes I am a Vegetarian strictly for health reasons. I run and lift weights and a housekeeper. Meat just doesn't settle well and it's like I have an intolerance to it.

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    I love having my period. It's the best. Bleeding and having cravings that make it hard to stay in my calorie limit are so much fun. Oh, and cramps are the best part!

I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

4rr66scq1zgz.gif

I regret nothing
  • pwrlipstick

I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!

Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

Some science says yes: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/eva.12190/full

And some say no.

My area of study in undergrad was neuroendocrinology, and it's been heavily debated, but regardless, even if it isn't coming from hormone fluctuations, the physical changes in the body are absolutely real and definitely contribute to the alterations of moods. So even if the mood swings present with PMS aren't due to hormone fluctuations, they're as a result of some level of discomfort and in that sense should be taken as "real".

That said, it doesn't give someone a pass to act like a c**t, and I say that as both a woman, and a woman who has been in relationships with other women.
  • pwrlipstick

Some science says yes: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/eva.12190/full

And some say no.

My area of study in undergrad was neuroendocrinology, and it's been heavily debated, but regardless, even if it isn't coming from hormone fluctuations, the physical changes in the body are absolutely real and definitely contribute to the alterations of moods. So even if the mood swings present with PMS aren't due to hormone fluctuations, they're as a result of some level of discomfort and in that sense should be taken as "real".

That said, it doesn't give someone a pass to act like a c**t, and I say that as both a woman, and a woman who has been in relationships with other women.

I just realized you are absolutely kidding and I am dumb. I am going to go to the corner and reflect on not reading your whole post and question my life choices now LOL
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I love them because for me it means the END of the crazy hunger period. The first days suck though because bloating is insane, and well, cramps suck.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Well in my case after having very irregular cycles due to PCOS and struggling to conceive the first time, I definitely do not hate having my period (as painful and awful as they are for me). I remember last Christmas getting my period for the first time since having my daughter and it was the BEST gift I could ever ask for since we wanted to start trying for #2.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member

And some say no.

I just realized you are absolutely kidding and I am dumb. I am going to go to the corner and reflect on not reading your whole post and question my life choices now LOL

It's ok, you ladies do weird things when the red sea flows....You'll be fine in a few days
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

4rr66scq1zgz.gif

I regret nothing

This forum needs a like button. I laughed so hard I woke the baby.
  • momoftwins985
    momoftwins985 Posts: 653 Member
    I only hate them because it means that it's another month of me not being pregnant, which I desperately do want.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    I don't really get PMS. My appetite increases slightly toward the second half of my luteal phase (week before period)...but not by much and I've noticed my resting heart rate is about 10 to 15 bpm higher than normal during my luteal phase. I suppose maybe my caloire burn is a little higher during my luteal phase (fitbit charge hr says so). I might get slight cramps the day it starts. Then no sex for 6 days...Oh and tampons.

Ovulation is a bigger PITA than my period. I gain about 3lbs in water weight...get bloated then get stabbing shooting pains in my lower abdomen for a day or two (thanks PCOS). Sometimes so bad I can't walk until they pass. Menstrual cramps pale in comparison to ovulation pains.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Yes I am a Vegetarian strictly for health reasons. I run and lift weights and a housekeeper. Meat just doesn't settle well and it's like I have an intolerance to it.

I think you missed my point about protein. You can get protein from plant sources, you just have to work a little harder at it. Yesterday, you had 1,270 calories worth of peanut butter crackers. Eating like this could be why you have an issue with your appetite - peanut butter crackers are not as filling as foods like legumes. 1,270 calories and you only got 27 grams of protein.