290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    behnybaby wrote: »
    What a great story of your journey to a healthier you. Cheers, for you have done so well, and stepping up to the podium to help encourage others speaks well of the person you are as well as the new one designed by your good eating habits.

Thanks so much for the kind words Behnybaby! I do feel like a new person now... especially after so many years of being overweight. Anyways, thanks again and all my best to achieving your own goals!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    seiffertrk wrote: »
    Really nice job. I'm struck by your face between the first and last picture. Congratulations! For what it's worth, I say go for the ripped look if you like it. You've already accomplished more than you initially thought possible, may as well find the ceiling! Awesome work!

Thanks so much Seiffertrk! I visited your own profile page and you have quite the story to tell too! Lol... if I had hours of spare time each day, maaaaaybe I'd go for the ripped look! For now, I'm pretty happy with "fit" hehe. Thanks again and all the best with your own journey!
  • DogRiverDude
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No joke, you are my hero. At this very moment I am right were you were a year ago...a regular guy, forever struggling with his weight, who knows its time to make a big change (or suffer the consequences). I'm saving your post and sharing it with my friends. Thanks for putting yourself out there...it is much appreciated!

Thank you RC! We sound much alike... regular guy here too! I'm just so appreciative that you find my story inspiring! We're about the same age... so yeah... it's your time! Why don't you set a goal of writing your own success story in one years time! It's very achievable!!!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hm, I want some caramel popcorn
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I really am very motivated by your story. Because I am motivated, i will skip the caramel popcorn. You're awesome. Do you mind if I friend you? I need someone positive like you in my friend group.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I love your story! Very motivational! Congratulations! <3
  • kulkan
    kulkan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I am on a similar path. 5'9" and 280 in August. got real serious late Sept. at 271. Walking an average of 3 mi. per day. have lost 46 lb in 3.5 months. Thanksgiving and Christmas were tough as we were hosting dinners for 20 people. Most of the time I am off all wheat (love bread things) and sugar. veggies, chicken breast, lentils. Once I am off wheat for 3 days I start to forget to eat. Average calories at 1550 in spite of the two 10 day wheat fail periods. Aiming for 160. At 225 I am the lowest weight I have been in 10 years. I did the South Beach diet back in '04 and got to 185, but I was only starting from 235. The 6-7 mile walks burn about 1100 calories so that adds up with the 1200-1500 cal. diet. Aiming for 36 lb loss in the next 9 weeks.
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hats off to You firstly for your phenomenal achievement, and secondly for sharing it. It is never an easy thing to put yourself out there.

When someone is very overweight it seems like an impossible thing to do what you have done. Setting those small goals is key!

I wish you a very long healthy and fit life ahead!
  • GraceWyatt91
    GraceWyatt91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Omg that's awesomly amazing I weigh 235ish and my goal is 170 and (not being ride or mean) if you can do it so can I am so glad I found this post thing I almost gave up...
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Way to go! Just getting started and have wasted a lot of time just thinking about it! Was inspired by your story and I too want to have the strength to reach my goal. Only have about 30 pounds to lose but more importantly looking to lose bad eating habits! Congrats again you are looking great!

Hey thank you LG! Any amount of weight loss is achievable and there's no time like the present! Bad eating habits are hard to break, I know! But I've found cravings lessen over time as better eating habits form! So... less thinkin' and more doin' ;). You can reach your goal!
  • morgan292929
    morgan292929 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! If you feel half as good as you look, you've earned it!!
  • Cvanessa09
    Cvanessa09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time on writing this. And just wanted you to know. That it is inspirational. Thanks and congrats on your great success
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Is this a trick.
    you really look like a different person. How handsome you look. I am sure you feel very different to. Thank you I am glad I made time to read your journey as it helps me a lot. Stay cool man.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Did you eat the extra calories allotted by doing exercise? Or did you just eat your daily calories and not the extra given my exercise?
  • gaspegirl
    gaspegirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love your story and thankful you shared it! Congratulations on your success.
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Amazing work, very inspirational.
  • TheNewMe007
    TheNewMe007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First, Congratulations! And second - THANK YOU for sharing your story.

I am definitely one of the people you have motivated to keep going.

I can relate to your journey completely and am glad to see how happy you look!

YOU ROCK!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Thanks for sharing your tips and a great success story to motivate others.
  • mmarshall74
    mmarshall74 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Congratulations..... you are truly an inspiration!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    This was my first or second thought....
    "Day 102 looks like a Dad to his girls ........ Day 232 Now looks like their older BROTHER! "

Really impressive job, so inspiring, thanks so much for sharing, particularly what worked for you and including the photos along with it. Cheers for your new healthy active life! :)

Hmm LOL, oh my! Thank you for the "brother" comp but c'mon... hehe! I'm so glad you found it inspiring and a story just isn't the same without photos eh?! Thanks again "Hearts" and cheers to you!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!