290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »
    1200-1400 calories a day for seven months?????? you are an animal, my friend! well done!

Thanks Figgzie. I did have a couple vacations where I indulged (as in "5500 calories" lol) but... got right back at it upon returning!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Be proud of your accomplishment and shout it from the rooftops!

Thank you tkillion. I tried!!! I cut the lock to my office building roof... started shouting... the police came... oh my lord... it's a long story :wink:
  • gauravbt
    gauravbt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the Success and the Weight Loss. You definitely Look Sharper and Younger . You are now my inspiration .I am myself starting at 240 lbs and want to achieve a below 200lbs this year. I am a 5.6" height

I myself have started with MyFittnessPal and logging in each and every thing that goes into my mouth. Infact 1st day I logged in ,i realized I ate a good 4500 calories.. whaoooo.
    Per your experience ,do you suggest going elliptical , treadmill for a month or so until the body is warm and Open ?
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Beth_gb wrote: »
    You are a rock star! Thank you for sharing, I'm just getting started so seeing others succeed is inspiring!

Thank you Beth... how did you know I could sing lol. I was getting started at one point too! I remember also looking at these "buggers" in the success threads doing so well and wishing I could be just like them. I never actually thought for a moment that I WOULD BE! Baby steps, one day at a time, one pound at a time... and it just happened!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for an honest and heartfelt post. I know I am not the only person that is inspired by your story and your spirit. Wish me luck as I recommit to my journey of becoming healthy!

You're very welcome LadyBug, and thank you!! Bit by bit at first, hmm... that sounds too close to bite by bite... well, that too I suppose lol. It just requires diligence and persistency --> anyone can do it!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Lanie2012 wrote: »
    I came for the pictures but your message is beautiful. Thanks for sharing, especially the tips about MFP. Truly inspirational!

Thank you Lanie! I know right, I'm a pictures guy too lol. Photos first then... maybe read hehe. Glad I could help.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Edjeep wrote: »
    Awesome accomplishment, and similar to the story I'm trying to rewrite for myself.

Thanks EdJeep! It's always nice to find "like-stories" to relate to. You can write your own story, own ending... go for it!!!
  • stoneymatthews
    stoneymatthews Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look young, vibrant and loving life!
    You made a goal, achieved it and surpassed it!
    BRAVO!!!!
    Love this post!!!!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Your attitude is empowering! Congrats! What you have done is an amazing accomplishment all around! Thanks for sharing.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    gauravbt wrote: »
    Congratulations on the Success and the Weight Loss. You definitely Look Sharper and Younger . You are now my inspiration .I am myself starting at 240 lbs and want to achieve a below 200lbs this year. I am a 5.6" height

I myself have started with MyFittnessPal and logging in each and every thing that goes into my mouth. Infact 1st day I logged in ,i realized I ate a good 4500 calories.. whaoooo.
    Per your experience ,do you suggest going elliptical , treadmill for a month or so until the body is warm and Open ?

Thanks gauravbt... 40 pounds is EASILY achievable by the end of the year!!! 4,500 eh? They add up quickly don't they! It'll take a while but you'll soon determine what you can and can't eat to keep the calories down. For me... I just can't eat that 1100 calorie Big Mac Meal (or whatever the big calorie item is). With that 1100 calories I could eat SO SO much more!

I did exclusively treadmill work (at home)... only walking, at the steepest incline I could endure for 30 minutes. It was easy on the "old" joints, especially being heavy! I don't belong to a gym or own an Elliptical otherwise I'd LOVE one. They seem to burn more calories and give the upper body more of a work out. Either / Or is fine... just try to do SOMETHING! In hindsight, I wish I would have thrown in a little weight training... I'm playing "catch up" today.

Good luck... there are lots of good people out there for support, motivation, and inspiration!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    You look young, vibrant and loving life!
    You made a goal, achieved it and surpassed it!
    BRAVO!!!!
    Love this post!!!!

Why thank you StoneyMatthews! I feel great!!! It's like there was a "fog" that lifted halfway to my goal (hard to describe... maybe it was the new medication... lol, JUST KIDDING). I started to feel more fit, better, happier, etc. as I lost weight. One good thing led to another and each good thing fed upon another... ANYWAYS... it's a pretty good feeling :-)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    StaceyL76 wrote: »
    Your attitude is empowering! Congrats! What you have done is an amazing accomplishment all around! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you and you're welcome Stacey! I had been overweight my whole adult life and "this" is still a new feeling for me! Hopefully I never get used to this :smile:
  • analemusr
    analemusr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is great. Your story is great. I just want to get my diet under control, I really just need to lose 10-15lbs but reading stories like this make me think "if this person could commit for so long and make a change I owe it to myself to get back on the healthy track and achieve my goals" Thank you! and congratulations
  • Nerakhate
    Nerakhate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging :) Great accomplishment!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Great post! Congratulations, I wish you all the luck in the future :smiley:
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It is amazing how the body responds when we start eating right and exercising. It can happen faster than you ever imagined. Thus far I have lost about 115 lbs. since March 2015, more than I ever dreamed possible. Thank you for sharing your story and pictures.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!! You don't even look like you a year ago, I had to look twice!!! What a great accomplishment! Very inspirational!!! I have close to 70lbs to lose and that seems so unreachable to me... I needed this today... Thank you!!!! ;)
  • brittanyaetheredge
    Options
    Great job! I went from 330 to 245 in about a year. I felt and looked great but then because I was happy, I started slipping and allowing myself to cheat. I have gained back way more than I care to admit, but still not where I was at my biggest. I started eating healthy and exercising again a few weeks ago. I haven't weighed myself, but the pants I have on today were too tight a few weeks ago and fit comfortably today :) I hope you continue your healthy lifestyle. You look great, and so happy!
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    'It's surprising how great fruit tastes after a couple months of avoiding junk food!'

This is so true! My kids don't understand that I eat one banana, one apple, and one orange every day, they don't get it when I tell them it is like cookies for me!
  • linzdai
    linzdai Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go, very inspiring! I've had quite a big loss myself, but I still have a way to go before I'm at my goal. Your story is inspiring! All the best with your maintenance. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!