Replies

• beccaboo2001
    beccaboo2001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How amazing! What an inspiration!!
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great job! I went from 330 to 245 in about a year. I felt and looked great but then because I was happy, I started slipping and allowing myself to cheat. I have gained back way more than I care to admit, but still not where I was at my biggest. I started eating healthy and exercising again a few weeks ago. I haven't weighed myself, but the pants I have on today were too tight a few weeks ago and fit comfortably today :) I hope you continue your healthy lifestyle. You look great, and so happy!

Thank you Britt! You can learn from what happened before right? --> If you're satisfied with your self image after losing weight, then try your "darndest" (I swore in a previous post and ****** showed up lol) to MAINTAIN it. After maintenance you'll likely ask yourself what the "heck" am I doing and then set another, lower goal. Everyone is different but, the best reward for me was seeing the numbers on the scale drop. AND... the scale only dropped when I was stayed true to the plan and calorie count.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    'It's surprising how great fruit tastes after a couple months of avoiding junk food!'

This is so true! My kids don't understand that I eat one banana, one apple, and one orange every day, they don't get it when I tell them it is like cookies for me!

Hi again Air Jordan :smile: ! I know right? It's crazy!!! After a while (especially if you're eating clean), fruit really becomes a treat! I'm already looking forward to this summer and "fresh" fruit; Peaches, Cherries, Apricots,... geesh, I'm kind of hungry now!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    linzdai wrote: »
    Way to go, very inspiring! I've had quite a big loss myself, but I still have a way to go before I'm at my goal. Your story is inspiring! All the best with your maintenance. :)

Thank you Linzdai! Congratulations on your own loss!! It's just great to see those numbers move eh? Not just weight... BMI, waist, etc... Go hard until you reach your goal and best wishes reaching it!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    tac5161 wrote: »
    Wow! That's fantastic. I just started yesterday and my issues are very similar. Starting at 285 and a realistic goal of 240. I tried last year starting at 290 and got down to 239 but put the weight back on.
    I would like to get under 200 but we will have to see how it goes.

Thanks Tac! To be honest, I had NO IDEA I'd drop to <180 when I started! I set a realistic goal myself of 250 but was so happy with the rapid loss that I kept on lowering it. I've lost smaller amounts previously and regained it but this time it feels different. I just don't want to disappoint myself anymore (or the people around me OR on MFP). Maybe a "wee" bit of pressure can be a good thing sometimes :-)
  • tacosandbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    Wow! Very inspirational! Great job:)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    AMRROL wrote: »
    I have no words that can adequately express my admiration for you. What an amazing story of grit and determination. Your family must be so very proud of you. You look fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Your story motivates me to get back on track. Thank you so very much for sharing.

Wow thank you for your kind words Amrrol! I really don't know why "this time" was any different for me since I had lost "some" weight during previous diets. The only difference I know of was MFP and the tremendous support network of friends I built... always challenging each other to be better through true support and even poking fun at each other's food diaries. Best wishes with your own quest and thank you again...
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Boom!
    Instant inspiration.
    Props amigo.

Thanks Timshel! Anything is achievable!!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing accomplishment! I started Feb. 14th 2015 on this journey at 305lbs and today I am floating around 215. My journey has been rough, two bulging discs this summer (likely from lifting wrong or walking too much), and now some issues with a disc in my neck have not made things easy for me. I have a previous back injury which had to be repaired surgically so that handicapped me a bit. I have been determined though and keep doing my best to stay on the path. My original goal was 205, and I'm close but have been in a plateau for a month or two (holidays did not help). 185-195 would be a pipe dream for me but somehow I think I might manage it this year. Congrats on your success!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    I have put on 80 lbs since I have had my three kids. My husband still finds me attractive... but I don’t. I have struggled for a long time with my weight... and after 10 years, I am ready to do whatever it takes. Thank you for sharing your story. It gives me hope and inspiration. Congratulations and good luck on any future goals you set!

You're very welcome PL! I understand... hearing compliments are absolutely wonderful BUT you also have to be happy with your self image. It's actually still something that I'm working on! Hold on to those "little clothes"... you'll need them!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Billy323 wrote: »
    WOW! Very motivating post

Thanks Billy... Now put that beer down! Just kidding, I've been known to have 1 or 'few' occasionally :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I have many, many pounds to lose. I have no health issues but my Dr is trying to talk me into weight loss surgery before I develop any, and I know that my bones are not meant to be supporting this much weight. I really don't want to have surgery, so I'm trying to do it with healthy eating and exercise. It helps so much to see people succeed without surgical intervention. It helps me to think that I can do this!

You're welcome Tara! You are very fortunate that you don't have any health issues currently! NOW is the time to start eating healthy and... surgery should only be a last resort. Weight loss is achievable without surgical intervention. I eat just as much now (weight wise) as I did before... I just eat low calorie dense foods that's all. It's really that simple! You (or anybody for all it matters) just has to 'do it', be honest with your food choices, honest with yourself. It gets easier with time and becomes habit after a while. Best wishes with your goal!!!
  • arcalle50
    arcalle50 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look happier and younger! I have lost 19lbs (out of 72) and I am slowing down. What to do?
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    sonicpete wrote: »
    I feel I'm at the same state as you were 1 year ago exactly, also about 280+ (give or take a cookie)
    The company Nurse checked my BP ,She started freaking out! rechecked on the other arm!
    I was utterly scared .I am inspired to have the same plan ,

How about others in the family that don't see this as life changing, and fill the fridge with foods I don't want.?

My BP was 200/130 in January... I should have been hospitalized. Through diet, it's currently down to 135/90 (high side of normal). I'm pretty sure that my BP caused headaches which were a daily occurrence but those headaches are long gone (unless I drink too much wine lol)!

I learned to DEAL with temptations in my fridge and pantry at home. Temptations will always be around... there's a fast food joint on every street, every food store carries unhealthy food, temptations are everywhere. I learned that I simply can't eat unhealthy food and it's become much easier to resist now. Others eat it in moderation but I seem to have difficulty with moderation :wink: Best of luck with your weight loss journey!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    GREATNESS!!!!
  • vdority268
    vdority268 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're story is amazing! Thank you for sharing. I hope to be in the 100+ club with you a year from now.
  • dmzinz
    dmzinz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow that is an awesome story....congrats to you......I have a wedding to go to in 10 months and my goal is to lose 40 lbs.....your story has me motivated !! thanks
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    cthobaben wrote: »
    You're a true inspiration that it can be done with hard work and dedication! Congrats!

Well thank you Cthobaben! It really "can" be done (even without the hard work). Dedication is all you need and any effort becomes habit. Best wishes with your own journey!!!
  • mhmcd
    mhmcd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    awesome job sir
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    carolemack wrote: »
    Wow...congratulations! What a fantastic job. You have certainly inspired me...and I am sure many more. Thank you so much for sharing and especially for all the progress pictures.

Thank you Carolemack!!! It's a great to know that you find my story inspiring... I had initially hoped that maybe I could help one person but the response has been overwhelming! Best wishes on your goal... I see your making great progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!