290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• tac5161
    tac5161 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's fantastic. I just started yesterday and my issues are very similar. Starting at 285 and a realistic goal of 240. I tried last year starting at 290 and got down to 239 but put the weight back on.
    I would like to get under 200 but we will have to see how it goes.
  • AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have no words that can adequately express my admiration for you. What an amazing story of grit and determination. Your family must be so very proud of you. You look fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Your story motivates me to get back on track. Thank you so very much for sharing.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Boom!

Instant inspiration.

Props amigo.
  • paintedlightning
    paintedlightning Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have put on 80 lbs since I have had my three kids. My husband still finds me attractive... but I don’t. I have struggled for a long time with my weight... and after 10 years, I am ready to do whatever it takes. Thank you for sharing your story. It gives me hope and inspiration. Congratulations and good luck on any future goals you set!
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    WOW! Very motivating post
  • pinktara2013
    pinktara2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I have many, many pounds to lose. I have no health issues but my Dr is trying to talk me into weight loss surgery before I develop any, and I know that my bones are not meant to be supporting this much weight. I really don't want to have surgery, so I'm trying to do it with healthy eating and exercise. It helps so much to see people succeed without surgical intervention. It helps me to think that I can do this!
  • sonicpete
    sonicpete Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel I'm at the same state as you were 1 year ago exactly, also about 280+ (give or take a cookie)
    The company Nurse checked my BP ,She started freaking out! rechecked on the other arm!
    I was utterly scared .I am inspired to have the same plan ,

How about others in the family that don't see this as life changing, and fill the fridge with foods I don't want.?
  • cthobaben
    cthobaben Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're a true inspiration that it can be done with hard work and dedication! Congrats!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Wow...congratulations! What a fantastic job. You have certainly inspired me...and I am sure many more. Thank you so much for sharing and especially for all the progress pictures.
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What a great story of your journey to a healthier you. Cheers, for you have done so well, and stepping up to the podium to help encourage others speaks well of the person you are as well as the new one designed by your good eating habits.
  • seiffertrk
    seiffertrk Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Really nice job. I'm struck by your face between the first and last picture. Congratulations! For what it's worth, I say go for the ripped look if you like it. You've already accomplished more than you initially thought possible, may as well find the ceiling! Awesome work!
  • RogueCyclist
    RogueCyclist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No joke, you are my hero. At this very moment I am right were you were a year ago...a regular guy, forever struggling with his weight, who knows its time to make a big change (or suffer the consequences). I'm saving your post and sharing it with my friends. Thanks for putting yourself out there...it is much appreciated!
  • luckygirl007
    luckygirl007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Just getting started and have wasted a lot of time just thinking about it! Was inspired by your story and I too want to have the strength to reach my goal. Only have about 30 pounds to lose but more importantly looking to lose bad eating habits! Congrats again you are looking great!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This was my first or second thought....
    "Day 102 looks like a Dad to his girls ........ Day 232 Now looks like their older BROTHER! "

Really impressive job, so inspiring, thanks so much for sharing, particularly what worked for you and including the photos along with it. Cheers for your new healthy active life! :)
  • KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! Loved reading your story. Simply awesome job, sir.
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    analemusr wrote: »
    This is great. Your story is great. I just want to get my diet under control, I really just need to lose 10-15lbs but reading stories like this make me think "if this person could commit for so long and make a change I owe it to myself to get back on the healthy track and achieve my goals" Thank you! and congratulations

Thank YOU analemusr! And YES... you're absolutely correct --> I look at 10-15lbs quite differently myself! In fact, I put on +10 over Christmas and I'm already back down to +4. Smaller losses are very manageable. You do owe it to yourself,... go for it!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Nerakhate wrote: »
    Very encouraging :) Great accomplishment!

Thank you Nerakhate! Good luck achieving your goal!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    murp4069 wrote: »
    Great post! Congratulations, I wish you all the luck in the future :smiley:

Thank you Murp and the same best wishes to you too. Cute pup :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Awesome job! It is amazing how the body responds when we start eating right and exercising. It can happen faster than you ever imagined. Thus far I have lost about 115 lbs. since March 2015, more than I ever dreamed possible. Thank you for sharing your story and pictures.

Air Jordan... is that you hehe. Thanks! You're SO correct about eating right! I didn't do anything special other than... as you said... eat right! Congratulations BTW on you tremendous loss and all the best in the future!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    What an amazing transformation!! You don't even look like you a year ago, I had to look twice!!! What a great accomplishment! Very inspirational!!! I have close to 70lbs to lose and that seems so unreachable to me... I needed this today... Thank you!!!! ;)

Thank you and my pleasure KelGen! Well, I certainly don't FEEL like I did a year ago!! Running, 2 steps at a time, never out of breath, no headaches (except I have few MFP friends that give me headaches lol), actually SLEEPING through the night now,... it's a great feeling. 70lbs is totally reachable and if you "hunker down" the first half of that will come off F A S T !!! Start now and you'll be one day closer to reaching your goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!