290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Holy smokes! Loved reading your story. Simply awesome job, sir.

Hey thanks Chips!! And please don't call me SIR! No special respect deserved or wanted... just a regular guy here!!
  • DogRiverDude
    How amazing! What an inspiration!!

Thank you Becca! Honestly, I was surprised with the results! Glad you found it inspirational... you just gotta "do it" :-)
  • DogRiverDude
    Wow! Very inspirational! Great job:)

Me too!!! The Tacos & Beer thing hehe! The good part is... now that I'm maintaining I still enjoy the occasional "wobbly pop" (and tacos)!
  • DogRiverDude
    That's an amazing accomplishment! I started Feb. 14th 2015 on this journey at 305lbs and today I am floating around 215. My journey has been rough, two bulging discs this summer (likely from lifting wrong or walking too much), and now some issues with a disc in my neck have not made things easy for me. I have a previous back injury which had to be repaired surgically so that handicapped me a bit. I have been determined though and keep doing my best to stay on the path. My original goal was 205, and I'm close but have been in a plateau for a month or two (holidays did not help). 185-195 would be a pipe dream for me but somehow I think I might manage it this year. Congrats on your success!!

Thanks Spliner and a very interesting story. I've had a couple MFP friends "go down" with injuries. One requires surgery. Injuries are AWFUL especially when on a weight loss / fitness journey. Since you were able to get through your injuries I see nothing but great things in your future. Plateaus can frustrating. I began experiencing smaller ones as I neared goal. STICK with the program, have faith. You've done so well so far... just a little more patience (and yeah... damn you Christmas lol... I'm currently on the treadmill working my Chrismas Cheer off :-)
  • DogRiverDude
    arcalle50 wrote: »
    Congratulations. You look happier and younger! I have lost 19lbs (out of 72) and I am slowing down. What to do?

Thanks Acalle!!! Definitely feel younger and happier! Congratulations on the 19 pound loss; that's an accomplishment in itself. The slow in weight loss is natural so don't get down! Many of my friends have done "Detox's" when they plateau. They claim it reboots, kick-starts their system. And who am I to argue... it worked for them! Might be worth a try!
  • DogRiverDude
    GREATNESS!!!!

One word CC... THANKS! Hehe :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    vdority268 wrote: »
    You're story is amazing! Thank you for sharing. I hope to be in the 100+ club with you a year from now.

Hey thanks vdority! No hoping, just doing! One day at a time at first, then one week at a time and so on! Then... in one year, come back here and write YOUR story! :-)
  • DogRiverDude
    brubru2 wrote: »
    wow that is an awesome story....congrats to you......I have a wedding to go to in 10 months and my goal is to lose 40 lbs.....your story has me motivated !! thanks

Thank you BruBru! You know... 40 in 10 is SO possible! Go for it and dazzle at the wedding!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    mhmcd wrote: »
    awesome job sir

Damn... another "sir" hehe. Thanks mhmcd!
  • DogRiverDude
    edited January 2016
    Goal179 wrote: »
    Hm, I want some caramel popcorn
    Goal179 wrote: »
    I really am very motivated by your story. Because I am motivated, i will skip the caramel popcorn. You're awesome. Do you mind if I friend you? I need someone positive like you in my friend group.

Rule #1. We don't talk or joke about Chicago Mix Caramel Cheese Popcorn at MFP Club hehe :wink: Actually, I look at it EVERY time I grocery shop. Only occasionally I crack lol! Sure... friend me (keep in mind the the positivity should go both ways)!

• TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Impressive! Congrats!
  • DogRiverDude
    I love your story! Very motivational! Congratulations! <3

Hey thanks J! I've been overwhelmed by the response! You're very kind :smile:
  • tracpo
    tracpo Posts: 73 Member
    Amazing job!! Kudos really it is impressive and you look great. You look so much younger now and the smile is so much bigger. Way to go!
  • TayFit07
    TayFit07 Posts: 410 Member
    Wow! Impressive! I see you're a roughrider fan; probably the reason you're so awesome!!
  • DogRiverDude
    kulkan wrote: »
    Sounds great. I am on a similar path. 5'9" and 280 in August. got real serious late Sept. at 271. Walking an average of 3 mi. per day. have lost 46 lb in 3.5 months. Thanksgiving and Christmas were tough as we were hosting dinners for 20 people. Most of the time I am off all wheat (love bread things) and sugar. veggies, chicken breast, lentils. Once I am off wheat for 3 days I start to forget to eat. Average calories at 1550 in spite of the two 10 day wheat fail periods. Aiming for 160. At 225 I am the lowest weight I have been in 10 years. I did the South Beach diet back in '04 and got to 185, but I was only starting from 235. The 6-7 mile walks burn about 1100 calories so that adds up with the 1200-1500 cal. diet. Aiming for 36 lb loss in the next 9 weeks.

You have quite your own story to tell Kulkan! I love all empty carbs (and sweets) too. The Christmas season was also tough on me. Food for 50, only invited 20 lol so... lots of "heavy" leftovers! There's nothing good about carrying extra weight; so wearing on the body! Good on ya for giving this another rip... the short term goal setting is a great idea! Best wishes reaching your goal!
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Amazing. Your pictures really show and age difference. I have really been struggling to get back to plan (I have lost 85#) YOUR STORY AND PICTURES REALLY INSPIRED ME. THANK YOU!
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    You look fab, well done and thanks for the inspiration.
  • lanapembo
    lanapembo Posts: 1 Member
    That's amazing! Well done :) xx
  • starryeyedsnoozer
    starryeyedsnoozer Posts: 89 Member
    WoW!! What a total transformation. You absolutely needed to have told your story because it's stories like this that make us -who are still plodding our way through our journey, realize that we CAN do it! I don't doubt that you feel amazing right now, and now everyone can see those incredible eyes
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Wow, you look great, and so much younger too.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!