Options

Replies

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    JFT 01/05 1/4 bleah!
    1) Get in a run 3.2 this morning
    2) Walk on at least one of my breaks at work
    3) Morning run aside, I need a longer run still..so aiming at another tonight
    4) Work on the furniture project

JFT
    1) Get in a run 5.05 this morning
    2) Walk on at least one of my breaks at work
    3) Work on the furniture project
    4) Chores (the dishes are a-pilin' up!)
  • photoglady0907
    photoglady0907 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yesterday-
    Water
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 1/5/16 (2:30pm)
    1) Surgeon - freed of splint
    2) Stay within what's left of my calories
    3) paint

^ok

JFT Wednesday 1/6/16
    1) Pay rent
    2) PT 2:00
    3) Figure out where to put my stuff when I get home

Yesterday:
    csqyxl8rtxsr.jpeg

Love this painting, it is beautiful. I think you should run an art therapy session on here. It will encourage people to do something different which will help to stop wanting to snack in between meals. How about starting a blog, I'm not sure how you do it or whether other people would be interested. Absolutely love your work.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    JFT, Tuesday:
    1. 12,000 steps :) 13,495
    2. under 100G carbs :)
    3. gym workout (weights, cardio, walking) :)
    4. dance around a bit at home :smiley:

Wednesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. under 100G carbs
    3. swim a mile
    4. dance around a bit at home
  • Elaine352962
    Options
    Just popping in to wish everyone well.

d4069kgu3ke2.jpeg
  • Angiepeg
    Angiepeg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There are so many rules, diet "aids", exercise fads, and theories that I have spent my entire adult life losing and regaining weight. Finally, at age 61, I have made a 'discovery' that suits me. Follow an eating plan that I like, don't go under or over my calories by too much each day. (I try to stick to 1200 per day). Do some strength training three times a week at least, do a moderate bash on my exercise bike for 45 minutes 4 times a week and remember, when I go off the rails, and I do now and then, that's life, I'm human, get back on the horse and never, ever be ashamed. So now I find I have lost 20kgs in 6 months (that's 44lbs) and I am actually not miserable. I do leave the fizzy drinks alone. I have also just finished watching a TVs program that ran an experiment on when to exercise - it seems that men should exercise before eating and women after eating - something to do with men having more muscle, women having more fat and each burning fat differently. Every little helps!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    csqyxl8rtxsr.jpeg

So gorgeous!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to wish everyone well.

d4069kgu3ke2.jpeg

Ooooo! I love purple and blue together!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    This new year couldnt have started on a more low note. gained 4 pounds of weight over the holidays.
    And to make it worse cant exercise as suffering from minor slip disc.

But i have decided to restrict my calorie intake for which i need lot of support and motivation.

So just for today

Breakfast: egg white omlette and fruits
    lunch: one bread, bowl of cooked veggies
    snack: one orange
    dinner: soup and veggies

But it certainly could be worse. If you were not here, making a really good effort, you would be even worse off a month from now!

AND Don't forget that weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exrecise. You can still put a good dent in that extra 4 pounds while you are healing!

Be sure to not eat too little. You don't want to set yourself up for a binge.

Keep going just one day at a time!

• bri170lb
    Options
    JFT wed 6th Jan

After a really awful few months of not being able to sleep, exercise go out - was diagnosed with Depression yesterday. However, going to be positive and use a good diet and exercise to help me out of this dark time.

Fresh air and exercise really do help with depression. While you are out take time to really enjoy the scenery, smile at the people you pass, and count your blessings. Try to think of your walks as a break from what ever pain you are dealing with.

I walked every day last year at this time, just starting with 15 minutes. After a couple of weeks, it became my own restful time and really helped pull me out of my black place.

• Elaine352962
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    JFT wed 6th Jan

After a really awful few months of not being able to sleep, exercise go out - was diagnosed with Depression yesterday. However, going to be positive and use a good diet and exercise to help me out of this dark time.

Fresh air and exercise really do help with depression. While you are out take time to really enjoy the scenery, smile at the people you pass, and count your blessings. Try to think of your walks as a break from what ever pain you are dealing with.

I walked every day last year at this time, just starting with 15 minutes. After a couple of weeks, it became my own restful time and really helped pull me out of my black place.

Really good advice with regards to fresh air and walking to lift your mood. It is great exercise and you feel much better just looking at different scenery. I find if you pass someone and smile it usually ends up in delightful conversation.

I have started walking in the evening and want to continue to do this. I love the summertime, we are very fortunate to have lovely walks near the river which has spectacular scenery and wildlife.
  • Hipchick0805
    Hipchick0805 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    JFT wed 6th Jan

So, JFT

1. Eat a health breakfast of super grain porridge to get lots of B vits
    2. Log all my food
    3. Eat some fruit
    4. Have a 30 min walk (huge target for me to get outside right now)
    5. Forgive myself and think positively about future.
    J4T Tuesday 1/5/15, first post.
    1. stuck to my meal prep at work for break fast and lunch
    2. logged all of my calories
    3. ate healthy dinner; prelogged at work to manage intake
    4. had healthy snacks when I felt hungry only after drinking water (just to be sure).
    5. Came home from work and went straight to my workout (was going to head to the gym; but too many NYR people, so I opted for 21 day fix cardio DVD).
    6. Thought positive about my plan, forgave myself for my mistakes in the past, taking it one day at a time.

See you tomorrow. :blush:
    Amen to that!
    Yesterday-
    Water
    JFT
    Go to the pool at the gym
    Stick to my allowed calories
    Prep some protein

Yay all is well and completed for the day!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I am absolutely LOVING all the beautiful paintings and artwork you guys are posting!!! Absolutely Beautiful!!!! And you guys are SO talented!!!
    Thank you for making our days by sharing your beautiful pieces of art!!!!!!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    Just for today,
    1. de-clutter times two
    2. PT
    3. SMILE
    4. NO SUGAR, NO SUGAR and NO SUGAR! (or flour or alcohol)
    5. keep and open mind and heart

We have SO many talented artists on this thread! Beautiful work, ladies!
    yay to all five. i still feel cruddy from yesterday's sugar, but today was only 9 grams, 8 of which were lentils, hehe.
    Just for Thursday,
    1. long walk
    2. PT
    3. log every bite
    4. de-clutter
    5. SMILE
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options

^^THIS ^^ amen, sister!
  • jet0505
    jet0505 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    jet0505 wrote: »
    JFT:
    1. Make eating plan for this week :neutral:
    2. Make-ahead chicken salads for lunches this week :smile:
    3. Stretches for foot 3x :neutral:
    4. Stationery bike or TKD this evening (rested foot instead)
    5. Keep going on book case :smiley: Done!

JFT Thursday
    1. Rest and stretch foot
    2. Make eating plan for the week
    3. Stationery bike at gym
    4. Sift through Christmas decorations - donate/throw out unloved items before storing

Just want to add my thanks for all the beautiful artwork :smiley: Instead of feeling like it's a "job" to log each day, it's a surprise and pleasure to see such peaceful images.

• BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: 1-7-2016
    1. Ab Routine
    2. 30lbs Routine
    3. 1200-1300 calories
    4. Food window 4:30PM to 8:30PM
    5. Dance 60 minutes
  • bri170lb
    Options
    J4T Wednesday
    1. Take lunch and snack with me :smile:
    2. Zumba in morning :smile:
    3. Weights in afternoon with my middle daughter :smile: while helping my daughter, I was mistaken for a gym employee! Ha! :smiley:
    4. Take kids to youth group :smile:
    5. Return broken Fitbit (I think it's under warranty) :smile:

J4T Thursday
    1. Plan meals
    2. Walk at lake
    3. Meeting at nursing home
    4. Gym
  • abacus93jp
    abacus93jp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @bri170lb great job!
    I can do anything for one day!