Men on a Mission - Over 250, Looking to Drop 50

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Checking in a day early. Down 1 lb to 251lb.
  • Bigeddy
    Bigeddy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Starting to see a pattern, good start of the week and then all kind of hurdles during the end of the week. Not a healthy week for me, won't share it with you. Good thing however, at the end I'm still as heavy as last week, pfffff................

Cheers to you all and good luck
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    In at 132.7kg this week, still struggling to lose the weight gained a few weeks ago. I have a bike on order and will be picking it up (well riding it home actually) on Monday. I'm really looking forward to using it. Just got to accept that for the first few weeks it'll be a bit painful to walk! Gel saddle? Too right!
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hey there peeps, been in a bit of a disconnect lately. Between remodel, overtime, daughter getting engaged and my son's HA graduation this week, things have been really busy. Hoping to get back on track this week. Got a graduation on Thursday then a grad party on Saturday but hoping to try and maintain through the week. Had a gain for the first time since starting this journey but am not getting discouraged. Picking it up tomorrow.

La 253
    Ce 254
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Not a good week. came back from mountains sick and did not work out all last week. Moving railroad ties today did not make up for the pork or the lasagna. :-( LWW 340, CW 341.8 gained 1.8lbs ugh. Good job Taco bet you make top spot again. Okay getting my game on and coming for everyone next Sunday. Grrrrrrrrr! (but I mean that in the nicest way possible, with all due respect:-)
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    whats up guys?? Its been forever since i've been on MFP regularly, but I am BACK ON TRACK. Refocused and dedicated! I am 41 lbs down as of today. I started around 315 and I weighed in this morning at 274! I need to take some updated progress pics! 9 more lbs to go until I hit 50 lbs!! Then its on down to 250. Not sure where I want to set a goal from there. With my frame and muscle structure im thinking some where around 225-235.

So glad to be back on top of things. A change in job and a whirl wind of other distractions took me away for a while...BUT IM BACK.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hey Phil, its been awhile but glad to have you back!
  • apolloag
    apolloag Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey Men, my weekend weigh-in was around 223lbs. The apolloag effect conquers again...however, yesterday I had a change of heart. I've been getting frustrated that I haven't been able to put as much time in running, walking, and everything else and kind of gave up over the weekend. However, I look back at some of my best weeks and they were weeks of just going on short walks every day and eating less (NOT SNACKING AT NIGHT!!). I'm going to keep my focus on two things:

1) Just maintaining the short walks during the day, if possible
    2) Eating less, avoiding snacks at night - meeting my net calorie goal mostly by eating less

My evening workouts were causing me to get nothing else done around the yard and house. Reshifting my focus I think (for the time being) will make a much happier apolloag (Adrian), and hopefully I will continue to drop a couple pounds a week. I'm only 13 lbs away from my goal. I will post the more official results tonight, though it looks like none of us did extremely well, with the exception to fitPhil - welcome back!

This week's topic is reshifting your focus, as I have done. Pick two things (as it is hard to focus on more than 2!!) that will help you focus your efforts into losing weight. Hopefully this will help us all get back on track!

Keep it up Men!
  • Bigeddy
    Bigeddy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Adrian, recognise most of it. It's getting harder and harder to reach the daily net goal, but that is because of my own commitment. Sport season is coming to an end, holidays and parties are coming up, pfff And the fact that I already lost more than I thought makes it harder to have the same dedication as with the start.
    So, still 2,5 weeks till my vacation, really want to leave with 20 k (44 pounds) less than january 1st of this year. It's just a small step, so I will do it (and buy a new swimming short). Don't have to hold my breath running from the beach to the see :smile:

See you next week.
  • tllstaco
    Options
    Good job Taco bet you make top spot again.

I got lucky this week. Wasn't able to excercise but that was more than offset by the soft diet for most of the week. The last few weeks I have found myself slipping on my diet. More and more junk and more late night snacking. Stress at work doesn't help as we're getting ready for an expansion. Just need to get refocused.
  • tllstaco
    Options
    The bout of diverticulitis has helped me refocus on my eating habits. Need to eliminate the junk and eat more of the good stuff. I definitely don't want to go through that again.

I was a little happy with myself since I wasn't able to excercise. In the past I would slip and the excercising would stop. This time, I missed it and was upset I couldn't get back on the trainer. Guess that means that excercising has become a habit.
  • pancho45
    pancho45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation, rested and ready to get back on top of things. Since I wasn't here to do a weigh in this past weekend I'll take my weigh in for today and make it a short week with another weigh in on Sunday if that's ok with everyone. Had a great time on vacation and didn't track a single thing...I know it's a little counter productive but I haven't been on vacation in 3 plus years and with my new attitude I didn't stress to much because I knew I'd be back in the gym starting today continuing from where I left off. The scale was not kind today, but it was pretty much what I expected withe the amounts of sodium and carbs that were consumed (and those pina coladas were a killer!) this past week.

CW: 381 (up 15 lbs!)

I'm glad to be back and re-focused on my goal...pushing for 100 lb weight loss by my birthday (9/20), it's a big goal but I think I can do it. Here's to a couple of BIG weeks for me coming up, watch out guys!
  • StevLL
    Options
    The two things I am going to focus on are; 1. logging my breakfast, lunch and snacks in the morning, so I know what I'm eating and how I'm doing in advance. Not gpoing to focus on cals as much as hitting my goals on fiber and protein while staying under on sodium. Going to make my workouts a morning priority to start the day off on a high note. Good luck all. I feel a big week coming on, are we ready?!!!
  • apolloag
    Options
    Here are the week 23 results - Tacos was the winner! Thought I should post these results before this weekend!

Sorry for the delay guys, I will try to do better for this weekend about posting the results!

week23.bmp
  • tllstaco
    Options
    No weight loss this week. :-(
  • apolloag
    Options
    217.4lbs!
  • tllstaco
    Options
    217.4lbs!

Congratulations!!!!
  • StevLL
    Options
    Nice Job! I know whose getting top spot this week. :-)
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Lost the pound I gained last week.
    LW 254
    CW 253