WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• csimens
    csimens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Barbie! My name is Carolyn. I have been using Fitness Pal on/off for several years; however, recently saw this post and thought 'Great!', a place to be encouraged as well as offering encouragement with women my age. I have not made any resolutions. My goal; however, is to get back to daily workouts. Once I am in a routine, it feels great. Yet, if I take a week off, it is soooo easy to stay in that slump. lol

I have had Type 1 diabetes for 30+ years. It can be a challenge to get in the exercise at just the right time after eating. Insulin/exercise balance. Yet, it is working. Trial and error. Can't give up. I tell my doctor that in a way I am glad I have diabetes for I fear if I didn't, I may be heavier than I am. I would eat more foods not good for me. ha ha

I work from home, so it can be easy to grab a bite here and a bite there. I am 5'6" weighing in at 184 lbs. I weighed less when I worked in the office. Overall, that sneaking a bite adds to the overall calorie intake without knowing it. With that, my new goal is buy more fruits/vegetables to snack on during the day vs. thinking I am buying those ho-ho's just for my son and I won't snitch any. That doesn't always work. lol

I enjoy reading the previous posts. Quite encouraging. Thank you for creating this site.
    Sincerely,
    Carolyn from Holmen, WI
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    No word yet on any result out of the interview. They're trying to get someone in by January 22, but he didn't say whether that meant onsite after training or beginning training by 1/22. He was a most frustrated gentleman - hasn't had a manager in there for nearly a year that lasted more than a month, and been trying to manage it himself from El Paso, nearly four hours away. It's a tough town... the applicant pool is dismal, as I found out during my Restaurant Impossible saga, and promoting from within just doesn't work. For now, pushing it off to the side--can't affect the process any more than I already have, so just letting it go.

When I was here in town before for three years as an accounting manager, I brought everyone in town in who said they had a smidgen of Microsoft Excel (spreadsheet) experience and tested them. If they passed at one of three levels, I hired them on the spot and developed training classes for all three levels, so I could get them working and then get them progressing. Basically, I grew my own Excel experts. It was the only way to make it happen.

Taking a down day at the ranch to get my tax information together. My best friend for 30 years is also my tax preparer, so I can just post everything up to my dropbox account as I get it done. More complex this year than most, with the warehouse, but we'll work it out together.

Came back to the ranch at lunchtime yesterday, fell over and slept for three hours, so got like ten hours of sleep all told. My body's telling me I'm exhausted, not really sure why. Not overworking, not under stress, and feeling OK. Just coming back from vacation maybe? I dunno. Taking it easy today, anyway.

Happy Thursday, my dears.
    Regards,
    Lisa from sunny, windy West Texas
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Kim love the picture.

Mary sorry you and Shep went through such abuse.

:heart: Margaret
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,736 Member
    Options
    Morning again,went down and fed DFIL he was good this morning.. Waiting to get bloodwork done. Then will stop at library and drop grapefruit of to my dad, then home to cook.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • callmekraz5
    callmekraz5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I only went over my calories by 6 yesterday. Yay me!
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mary Poor Shep. That is the one time it would have been ok for him to bite. Can you teach him a command like "Bite *kitten*"? (Joking of course.) How could anyone be mean to a puppy???? I don't get it.

Cheri I like that clean up calendar. The outstanding question is how to keep the mess from coming back in after it was cleaned up (possibly the answer is to send the kids back to college).

ChrisWhat a cool tree with buoys!

I did exercise yesterday but was aware of my knees. I did the full out exercises on my right side but not my left side where the knee is the problem. I'll be lopsided.

My food was kind of off yesterday because I was on the road, but I think I stayed in range.
    I have to think about my food today. I am enjoying sitting by the fireplace and working today so have to get a spurt of energy to do something physical!

Will be back later.
    Kimses in MA

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    GoodMorningAmerica today has a great bargain on their “Steals and Deals”. It is a smart scale for only $17.50. It does weight and body fat and I’m not sure what else and syncs with a health ap. This price is for today only and the website to order it is: http://gma.weightgurus.com/. I know a few months ago some of the ladies were asking about scales so I wanted to be sure to pass this along. It comes in different colors and this is a great price. On this page please note that some say “No body analysis” so they aren’t the ones you want. I’ll be back when I have read through all the posts. Have a great morning my friends.

DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Raining again this morning, then it's supposed to clear up later and warm up by Saturday. I sure hope so. I may go ride the recumbent bike this afternoon in the exercise center. Pot luck dinner last night was nice, about 40-45 people there.

Janetr, in soggy AZ
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    I only went over my calories by 6 yesterday. Yay me!

Yeayyyyyy!!!!!!

• ladybugfarm97
    ladybugfarm97 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Happy New Year!

Thanks Barbie for carrying us forward into the new year.

Cheri NE Ohio

• pipcd34
    Options
    odtm1bq8xtbr.jpeg
    Bullwinkle says Morning peepers
  • ladybugfarm97
    ladybugfarm97 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I am a total newbie to MFP so please forgive me any strange posts. I am 59 (in 11 days) and need to loose 100+ pounds. I have a lap band that is causing me pain so I am in the insurance approval stage of revision to VGS. After reading some of your posts I would like to join this group. I am hoping to make new friends and find support. Feel free to add me as friend.
    Marie
    Northport, AL
  • The_Pace
    The_Pace Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this post and am looking forward to reading all of it. Of course I find it just as I need to start getting ready for work. You seem like a great group of ladies my age and I definitely need a support group.

Have a great day ladies!
    Lisa in CA
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies.

For those who asked, those are lobster buoys on the tree. They are painted by the local school children.

Mary...good for you for reporting that awful brown haired lady. Many times business owners have no clue as to how their employees perform (good or bad) unless it is reported to them. They may be losing business with no idea why. Even relatives (if that is what she is) need to be good employees, in fact they should be an example to others. I know, I have a business and at one time employed a relative.

Kim...love the hair and great pic! My grandaughter put pink and blue streaks in my hair last summer. I loved them in my blond hair but unfortunately were not permanent.

Looks like we all have another shot at the Powerball. No one won and it rolls over to Saturday. If one of us wins will have to arrange an international meet up.

Gained a litte over a pound from the holidays and trying to get it off. I was hoping to have it banished this morning but I think too much sodium yesterday thwarted my efforts. Trying to drink more water today. I guess there will be no wine this evening, so sad.

Have a good day.
    Chris in sunny, balmy 34F MA

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday ! ! !

Mary – taste ear drops? That’s really gross. I have tiny canals, so I have to flush my ears about twice a month, and if I were able to taste that . . . ! ? ! ? ! :s

Pip – yes, that is the plan (to share). But we only matched 1 number and it was not the powerball number, so we have another chance, this time the jackpot is supposed to reach $675,000,000. Yes, nine digits ! I will probably buy that one at the bowling alley tonight (if available). // Bullwinkle’s face in the bed is SO cute ! Thanks for sharing.

Karen – Boot. Lesson learned and moving forward !

Meg – So sorry about your sleet (and Lillian your snow) . Our storm went north of us, so we were lucky this time.

Peach – Congrats on a lovely lunch with your Mom ! ! ! Treasure o:)

Callmekraz – 6 calories is SO close. Yay you ! ! ! Keep up the great work.

DJ – thanks for the link about the scales. I am waiting for a return text from DD to see if she wants/needs one, because at that price I will order multiples.

Today I am wearing my first-ever Bowling Coach polo. I ordered an XL instead of an XXL, and it fits GREAT ! ! ! I am so happy. Now, to embroider on it, to prove it is really me. So excited. (no, I don’t actually coach, but I keep “the book” during the matches so DH can make decisions for next game and put stats into the website, so it makes me feel important and not just another bowling mom).

Will try to get some Goodwill shopping in this weekend. DS looked like he was going to explode last night in his “bowling pants”. He just keeps growing. I took out the last tuck, so it’s time to buy a few more pairs (he will need at least 2 pair for Junior Gold this summer.

Hugs to Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Today I have decided to get a calendar that has a large area to write my JFT exercise goals. I do my cross trainer and have started to go on longer walks but I need to do some strength training, stretches etc. I will try to alternate them for different days and try to extend the times and repetitions.

Previously I have hated exercise but I am now definitely trying very hard to change my views. I know that to lose weight you have to eat less and move more, but it is more important to me to sucred in making it a lifestyle change. I am determined to form good habits, a healthy and sustainable routine and a better outlook for my future well-being.

Wishing everyone success in their future goals.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Sylvia, cool deal on the supplies you got in the wrong color. When your computer isn’t in the case you could always put a pretty sticker on it so as to not get it mixed up with DH’s. Great bag!!!

Sonya, welcome to this great group of supportive and informative ladies. If you are the main cook at a restaurant I don’t consider that a stay at home wife?? LOL Please sign your posts with the name you want t be called to make it easier for us to respond to you. Come often and join right in.

Terri, that is terrific that you have been able to increase your time on the hand bike. I’m doing the Happy Dance with you! weee.gif

Linda, just yesterday I was trying to remember exactly how Barbie’s quote goes. The point is, we both remember the message and that is what I have to concentrate on. Be in the here and now!

Elaine, pretty work and I love the colors!

Kraz, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us a little about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called as it makes it easier to respond to you. A location is also nice, be it general or specific. Come often and join right in.

Heather, luckily if I take a nap it doesn’t affect my sleeping at night. My mouth is watering when reading about the biscuits.

Mary, I’d have had to say something to that person at the vet. I’d also let the vet know why they lost a patient.

Pip, if you don’t stop posting pictures like that one of Yogi, I’m gonna have to drive the 3000 miles and just steal him! OMG he is such a doll.

Hi Dee. I feel the same way about brown haired lady!!!

Katherine, welcome. Come often and join right in.

Karen, good girl that you kept exercising. You asked for a swift kick, so I’m here to accommodate. smiley-devil16.gif You can do this!!!

Grancran, welcome to you as well. I have no doubt that you can achieve your goal and this is the place for support. Please sign your posts with the name you want to be called and a location. Come back often.

Katla, what a wonderful thing to not have to have a cast. Is this brace one that they molded to your arm out of a hard plastic? I’m so happy for you and hope it heals quickly.

Lillian, glad you got home safely in that snow.

Bd1216, welcome. Please tell us a bit more about yourself and sign each post with the name you want to be called. Congrats on your loss and good luck in the future.

Kim, great picture!!! Thanks for sharing.

Joyce, glad Charlie’s checkup was good. Hope your appointment goes well also. I had to laugh about the phone but I figure since my DH doesn’t want a smart phone, it just saves money. Lol

Anamika, way to go on logging. Keep it up because this thing works.

CarolGA, glad you had a good day with your Mom.

Carolyn/WI, welcome. It sounds like you know what you are doing and what you need to do so all we need is to support you. I don’t know how old your son is but sounds like he is just going to have to enjoy healthier snacks. We’re glad to have you join us.

Marie, welcome to a great group of ladies. Sorry you are having problems with your lap band. Come here often for support and information.

Lisa in CA, welcome to you also. Please tell us a bit about yourself to help us get to know you. You will get all the support you need here so come back and chat away.

Terri, congrats on that shirt fitting. keep up the good work.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

This morning, I upped my walking/trotting in place to 10 minutes while watching the morning news. I still need to work on getting the rest of my workout done every day, but I’m working on it. Today for lunch I’ll have a piece of the Feta Spinach pie with some baked chicken. I’m looking forward to that as I so often have a salad for lunch.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • lpdjones
    lpdjones Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies, I have been uplifted by your terrific posts. Today I go see employee health about my return to work on Monday (yea), then off to see my NUT. Hopefully she will tell me to start adding back solid foods (since I already added back egg whites). I end my day with PT. I know I need it but OMG it is intense.

I have a NSV to report! I did 32 minutes of speed walking this morning! I haven't done 30 minutes of continuous exercise in a very long time. I even had a little glow going (because it is vulgar to sweat).

Have a great day one and all. L.