WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I have successfully wasted my afternoon at work catching up on all the posts here and avoiding the pile of email that is accumulating since all my co-workers are returning to work after the holidays.

Oh Sylvia – (((hugs))) I do hope that your son can get his health and his life back on track soon. I’m so sorry that your afternoon was cut short. You are a godsend to those children. <3

Terri – I hope that your daughter is able to be successful on the raw diet, but it is quite a lifestyle change. I have a co-worker who lost quite a bit of weight following a raw foods plan, but like any weight-loss plan you really have to treat it as a lifestyle change and not just a temporary way of eating.

Miriam – Your girls are adorable and they sure do look like they are enjoying those new PJ’s. :)

Becca and Janet – So sorry that you are both not feeling well. I hope this cold passes soon, but I know how that cough can linger on for weeks. Ugh!!! :'(

Mary – How do I find the BLC? Is it just a community thread or is it under challenges?

Welcome to all the newbies! It’s great to see this group continue to grow and be very active.

I am interested in people’s thoughts/experiences with detox diets. You know, the ones where you have very strict guidelines about what you can eat over a 1 to 7 day timeframe. My daughter convinced me to do a 3-day soup detox to get the year started off right. We have a variety of soups to choose from plus snacks that include fruits, vegies, nuts and smoothies. No meat, no bread, and no dairy. When I planned out day one today, my calorie count was just over 1300 which is right where MFP says I should be. Anyway, my goal is not to lose a lot of weight in these three days but to get rid of some of my nasty eating habits that include too much sugar and processed foods. Will let you know how it goes.

Linda/IA
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan- I do have a tendency to see the humor in most everything. Laughter and humor is my coping mechanism when things get too serious. I know they broke the mold when they made me! So you all are stuck with me...aren't you all lucky ducks... HA!
    Becca
    ...feeling Vitamin D deficient in cloudy Oregon...
    I need sun Dammit....this nudist a'int happy!!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So the puppy was getting stinky and so was his blanket in his crate. I washed the blanket and decided to give him a bath like Lenora did with Crackers . However, my puppy didn't like it as much as it seemed Crackers did. I tried to make it fun by having toys and not a lot of water in there but, he has been happier! I decided to teach him the word no when he tries to bite me. That has been working really well. A lot better then shooshing like Cesar does.

Beth - i'm glad that you had such a productive time at the gym! You are so right about making a plan and following through. It sounds like you have a great plan.

Mindy - Florida Keys! Have a great time! You can pay it forward another time.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

• Annr
    Options
    iM A NEWBIE AS WELL AND TRYING TO FIGURE THIS ALL OUT IM NOT SO COMPUTER SAVY...

No worries, we will talk you thru this all.... Just type on here daily. Log your food in the FOOD section and try to stay under the caloric intake for the day. We don't have a list of members on here, but if you have some of the ladies on friends list, you can see what they do, and what they eat every day to keep them looking so maauvalous! Oh and typing with the caps button on is a signal to us that you are yelling. If ya yell at us we get cranky, so be nice to us. Some great phrases to say to yourself throughout the day:

You Bite it, you write it.
    You jog it, you log it.
    Be imperfectly perfect.
    Life happens when you are busy making plans.

Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    Terri in Milwaukee my teenager cut his hair on his legs with scissors once, because a girl told he had hairy legs. *long sigh* This was when he was a freshman in High school, so when we has helping me carry out a TV to the pick up spot, he was wincing. I asked him and he told me. Well, I set him straight saying his father has hairy legs, your brothers have hairy legs...so you do, GET OVER IT. It's normal, she was just making an observation, so don't take it as a negative. *long sigh again*. My eldest son took a shower for a month without any soap whatsoever. His reasoning: The shampoo runs over everything, I thought that would be fine.... Lord help me... lol Boys, very entertaining but clueless half the time!!!

Becca
    p.s. my son has the wires coming out of his chin too....looks like a wizard in training.
  • Annr
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    j42ves9w95zh.jpeg

Your kids are amazing!!!
    I am drowning in their eyes!
    Becca
    jealous because we need dogs but my husband would never go for it. I have to wait until he gets senile and I will call my first dog or cat "pillow".
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    OK, I did it. I went to the doctor to see about my hips. She is sending me to the hospital for xrays in the morning and told me NO ZUMBA till they find out what' going on. That's OK with me.

Tonight I made hubby a tiny little meatloaf and I'm warming up leftover chicken pasta with pesto for me. Yummy stuff! Hubby doesn't care for it with my homemade pesto without salt, but I love it.

Hubby went to pick up all three kids today so I could go to that doctor's appointment. They had a cancellation and got me in today instead of two weeks from now, so I didn't want to miss it. He came to the studio and he and I made a dry run so I could show him where to go and what time to get to each place. He is such a sweetheart!

Well, time to go set the table. Have a great evening!

Sylvia
  • Annr
    Options
    Star - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 0.33 Tbsp (15ml)
    Fresh - Zucchini, 50 gram
    Better Than Bouillon - Concentrated Chicken Broth, 1 tsp(s)
    Kraft Cheese - 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese, 1 tsp ( teaspoon)
    Hillshire Farm - Beef Polska Keilbasa, 2 oz
    Private Selection - Campanelle Pasta, 0.75 cup dry
    Generic - Shitaki Mushrooms Raw, 37 g
    Baby Spinach - Baby Spinaches, 0.5 cups (85g)

My dinner/late lunch...wooohooo
    My favorite meal EVER!!

Becca
    Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    walzllw wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! This is my first time here. I look forward to getting to know everyone. I am 53......Soon to be 54. I live in Minnesota and it is getting COLD outside. I need to lose 50 more lbs.
    I am married (34 years) to my high school sweetheart. We have 3 grown children and 6 grandchildren.
    I have been on more "diets" than I can count, but MFP seems to work the best for me. I use the treadmill and walking outside to get my exercise.
    I would like to strength train but I am too shy to do it in a gym.
    Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Welcome, there is a group of us from Minnesota, we try to get together once a month. Would love to meet you!! Minneapolis is the location, people are from all areas. This site is great, come chat often. Gayle Minneapolis
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Cheri prayers for DH finding that right job!

Animika good to see you again.

Julie here's to making good choices.

DJ what a fun picture of Pepper.

Pip love the picture.

Gayle now that holidays are over it would be fun to get together soon.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Cheri prayers for DH finding that right job!

Animika good to see you again.

Julie here's to making good choices.

DJ what a fun picture of Pepper.

Pip love the picture.

Gayle now that holidays are over it would be fun to get together soon.

:heart: Margaret

I agree, mary what works n Toni??? Still good for Sunday afternoon?? Gayle Minneapolis
  • Hipchick0805
    Hipchick0805 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    cjor7mm3dg0j.jpg

Welcome to a wonderful supportive community of women. The name of the thread is Women Ages 50+ but all women are welcome.

Some of us have been posting on this thread for awhile and others are new.

Please join us on the journey to health, weight loss, and fitness.

If you made any goals or resolutions for December, how did you do?

If you have made any goals or resolutions for January, please share them with us.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful chilly NW Washingtont09013.gif

December Resolutions: (with end of the month comments)
    *walk an average of 13,000 steps a day (great until the "week of no exercise")
    *knit hats for three great-grandkids (finished and mailed to them in Ohio)
    *meditate for 10 minutes a day four or more days a week (consistently almost every day)
    *answer a friend's e mail that I've put off too long (answered and then she replied so she's on my list again)
    T
    January Resolutions
    *meditate for 10 minutes a day four or more days a week
    *sort and discard papers for 15 minutes four or more days a week
    *treat myself like a toddler (as suggested by Gretchen Rubin)
    *get income tax papers gathered in one place

My word for 2015 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

Looking at others goals to lose at least 1 lb a week seems very feasible! 52 lbs in a year would really make me so much stronger,healthier and ecstatic!

My goal for 2016 is to lose at least 1 lb a week and to stop saying fat jokes about myself!

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Cracker and his bed and crate bed are all nice and clean and sweet smelling. I guess I am used to the way she smells; but DH is always saying that she 'smells bad'. When she is 'wet' she does smell bad; she has "Grinch" feet. I've got to vacuum the house tomorrow (if I feel like it). Right now I am a bit 'nauseous'. Not a good feeling.

Another NSV - the pants that I had altered several months ago are getting loose on me (again); but, I will wait to have the altered again; until there is a significant change in my weight. Maybe down another size before I do.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    Bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.22min, 144mhr, 13.3amph 2.9mi = 117c
    Jacobs ladder - 12min, 785ft, 144mhr = 128c
    Shoulder machine - 15min, 7.5min each direction, 35aw, lvl2.5, 2.47mi = 110c
    Bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.54min, 138mhr, 12.6amph, 1.4mi = 70c
    total cal 635
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options

Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Juliet and L, welcome to you both. This is a wonderful place for support and information so come often. Happy Birthday, L.

Sue, we don’t expect you to learn all the names. That is one reason we request that people sign their posts with the name they want to be called. One thing that Barbie (our fearless leader) taught me is that when we eat out, we can ask for what we want weather it’s on the menu or not. Most of the time they will accommodate. It’s also a great idea to look up the menu ahead of time when possible to pre plan what to order. Congrats on the 3 pounds and keep up the good work.

Katla, I love that you are looking at your situation as a challenge that you can enjoy! I do hope you can keep riding.

Rosi, glad my nic makes you smile. I’ll bet you can even do the “Time Warp”.

Heather, now I guess when I read your posts I’ll have to imagine all sorts of different “British Accents”. Lol Oh yes and a bit of Scottish thrown in. And of course I know you love me. smiley-ashamed002.gif

Pip, I’m waving to the kids.

Beth, good for you on that gym visit. I’ll bet you’ll be back in shape in no time if you keep it up.

Mindy, a huge Congrats on your loss!!! Way to go. You are doing great and I think a trip to the Keys will be wonderful. My DH has a saying, “Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth”. Just say thank you and go and have a great time.

Sylvia, so glad you went to the doctor. Good luck with the prognosis.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I went to line dancing and probably did better than ever in remembering each dance. I made it through 1 hr and 40 minutes. Great workout but now I’m bushed. I should sleep well tonight.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Beth – last year (2014/15) your ski resorts had the snow we had nothing, this year (2015/16) we have the snow…guess we are trading.

Mindy – I am so glad you can go on vacation… a wonderful thank you note will make their day.

Mary – I have not had much success with Cesar’s methods – I was not clear if I was doing it right or not; but the local pet store trainer and the $$$ trainer who specializes in reactive dogs that I went to with Levi, encouraged the command NO, and the positive reinforcement, both have worked well for me.

Newbies – what a nice group of ladies… I can’t remember every name, but we’ll all get to know each other.

So went to the hairdressers today, and she (and I) decided it was time for a change, I find selfies impossible, so will be seeing the god kids tomorrow and will have one of them take a pic. While I was there it has been raining so I left Levi in and he “counter surfed” and ate about ¼ of a cube of butter…. He usually doesn’t surf..I wonder what got into him?

Kim from N. California
  • SanfordRoberts
    SanfordRoberts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    just popping in. I have gone two days with no added sugar (I am eating fruit) and no alcohol. I am staying with my mom and she has a glass of wine every evening at 5pm. (so civilized) but it does make me more likely to add some sugar to my day. also exercised in a new 'mat pilates' class today and worked on strength training with the machines.
    Does anyone have any meditation apps or info that they would recommend to a beginner?
    Thanks
    Robin in So. California