WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    I came to the conclusion last month that sometimes you have to fight YOU for YOU.
    MaryGrace from Illinois

Thank you for putting into words what I have been struggling with internally! Why is it so hard?! I seem to "fight" diligence in this area of my life. Ugh!!!

Cheri in COLD NE Ohio
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    lpdjones wrote: »
    Grandmallie, I started with the Fitbit flex, and upgraded to the charge hr last year. I agree with you about battery. Sometimes I'll put it on to charge when I'm just sitting and reading. However, I'd be hard pressed to change until I found one with the same or better integration with MFP. I love all the metrics. They call it gameifying your health, and I'm such a geek. My advice is to make sure you get one that meets all your criteria.
    Keep posting, L.

I've had a FitBit Flex for a month or 2 now. I too enjoy all the "data". I found that when I am on my laptop reading my boards is a good time to charge it. My son has the FitBit Charge HR which he will down cycle to me when he settles on a Smartwatch that he wants. I look forward to that time!

Keep on tracking!

Cheri in Cold NE Ohio
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I too love my Fitbit. I bought mine thru WaterFi so it is waterproof for 200 feet deep. I wanted it for water aerobics as that is my main exercise of choice. I only need to charge it once a week.

Janetr okc
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Chris ... Neat tree and cute pooch!

MaryGrace ... I agree, we are usually our own worst enemies ...

Janetr ... Good reminder on what a good life really is...

Beth
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    Options
    Oooops! Had a tiny extra drink tonight, so two and a half units in total.. Blast! :'(

Still, better than before. :D

Looking forward to a new series of Midsomer Murders tonight. Hooray!

Love Heather UK
  • bskts4ver
    bskts4ver Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I still use my Fitbit One that I've had for years, but the new Fitbit Blaze has piqued my interest. I don't wear bracelets, but I could handle a watch and the price point isn't bad for what it does.

Today is Yoga with a light walk later and for lunch I had a Blimpie's sandwich that was really filling for 390 calories and I still have plenty of calories for dinner.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps-
    This really sucks using my phone to do this. To all that had beats, happy bday! Love all the pics, sorry for all the pain if u are having pain, happy for everyone successes, I can't read, take notes, blah blah.

Today another pt session for both of us. Kirby is looking into selling our lot at the ocean. Realtor said just driving by, it's worth bout 60k! We bought it for 25k he said. I told him sell it! We will see what shakes.

0c4fv5pvlciv.jpeg
    floyd and his new cut

Type to ya later
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    Oh, hi new peeps!
  • SuzanneVarnes
    SuzanneVarnes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all~
    I'm one of the newbies and haven't posted since introducing myself, but have been here reading posts ever since :-) I want to add more exercise into my day. I've started walking, but would like some more ideas as well. I have spent the past 1 1/2 years having/recovering from surgery (4 total, all on my feet), so mobility is a bit of an issue-- need to start slow and work my way up. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you!
    Suzanne, Florida
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Chris, I love the lobster trap tree! Very creative.

I'm so proud of myself for sticking up for myself today. I called the clay store and told them the problem, that they had given me the wrong color stain, and she said, well that's the color in the box so it must be right. She said if I'm not happy I have to bring it back to the store. I told her that I am 120 miles away and so that's not going to happen. I told her I would send her a photo of the test tiles to show them the difference between the one I ordered and the one I got. When she got the photo she sent it to the manufacturer and sure enough, they admitted that they had put the wrong color in the box they sold to them. So, they are going to send the clay store a new box AND they are going to send ME what I need at no additional charge, plus I get to keep the stain that was wrong. She said that one is $53 per pound! So, I'm making out like a bandit. I'll use it somehow. The manufacturer sells the suppliers big boxes of each color and the stores dish it out into plastic bags as needed. So, I can understand that if they got the wrong color it wasn't completely their fault.

My new studio friend, Kurt, came in today and he and I talked for a couple of hours while he was setting up his space and I was cleaning up mine. He really seems like a nice guy. I think we are going to get along well. Then hubby came for lunch so he got to meet Kurt and hubby likes him too. Plus, he paid me for his studio space! Actual cash money! So, things are looking up. Nobody else ever paid a dime for working here. Kurt moved here from Hawaii and he was telling us how much he likes it here because the cost of living is so cheap. He's looking for land to build a house and he was amazed that you could get several acres for $20,000, where in Hawaii a tiny lot is half a million. He did say though that he is having trouble figuring out how to stay warm here. Poor guy ain't seen nothing yet! We've had a mild winter so far.

I ordered a carrying case for my new computer and it arrived yesterday. I love it! It's such bright colors all swirled together! Now hubby and I can tell our computers apart. Otherwise they are exactly the same.

Well, I think I'm going to go to a few junk stores before I pick up the kids. Just for fun. Heaven knows I need more junk.

Later!

Sylvia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Chris - very cute picture of Jake in the Christmas tree! Are those lures or fishing tackle hanging on the tree?

Pip - your puppy looks so well behaved! I have to take mine to the vet today for his second set of shots. So far I haven't been impressed with the people at the vet hospital but I don't have a lot to choose from up here.

All this talk about a fit bit is really making me want to get one. I was going to have my DH buy me one for Christmas and then got the dog instead. I may just have to go into my Secret stash and buy one so I can join you ladies in some of the challenges.
    Below is the biggest loser challenge that is starting tomorrow and goes through March.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-losers-team-challenge
    I have been reading some of the posts from people that are interested in doing challenges. This is a 10 week challenge. I did it before Christmas is really enjoyed the people on it.

Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115, 5X5X 120
    Sumo squats-5X5X105
    0HP-1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL-1X5X 145

These lifts still seem pretty heavy. My form is not perfect yet so I am staying at this weight for a while.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Sonyarbowsher
    Sonyarbowsher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking for motivation and advice I'm 49 years old a stay at home farmers wife, I take care of 2 of my grandchildren ages 2 and 3 2x a week and am the main cook at our local restaurant I have been watching what I eat and recently started doing a 7 min work out daily. Not much but baby steps any and all help appreciated! Thanks
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well, I think the cold has gone into my left tear duct... That usually happens with sinus colds for me. When I was a child I could drink milk, lean over and have it come outta my eyes....a nice party trick...ah...not really. I had my eyes operated on, (lazy eyes) so I think there is some piping switched around. When I put eye drops in I can taste them. OK enough strangeness about me...
    Husband went and did laundry, sweet of him. Still have my bouts of coughing, so haven't gone to swim since my cold started. Ordered a swimming suit, hope it comes soon! It is chlorine resistant so that is good.

Great job everyone! Keep on keeping on!
    Becca
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    This is my new computer bag, for anybody interested.

8pgahgc60bc3.jpg
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday ! ! !

I have been reading, but unable to respond, just because it is "one of those days" again at work.
    But . . . Becca - I can taste the eyedrops when I use them, too. I hate it. But I haven't tried your party trick (and don't plan to).

New to exercise - Baby steps is definitely the answer. I am happy that my employer has finally figured that out, because I feel like I have been punished on Insurance premiums because of my RA, and that is wrong. If I can only handle 10 minutes of exercise, I should get credit for that, and they used to only give credit for 30 minutes, and I don't want to lie. So, now I put in the exact number of minutes, and it gives me credit - Yay ! ! !

The tape on my wrist got too tight, because the swelling moved, so I took it off and just have a little athletic wrap on it until my Physical Therapist comes in tomorrow. Not painful, just annoying. But I was still able to increase my time on the handbike by another minute, so I am now up to 14 minutes. Happy Dance.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee (where we are expecting rain followed by snow followed by rain again, so I might struggle getting to work tomorrow morning).
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Well, I think the cold has gone into my left tear duct... That usually happens with sinus colds for me. When I was a child I could drink milk, lean over and have it come outta my eyes....a nice party trick...ah...not really. I had my eyes operated on, (lazy eyes) so I think there is some piping switched around. When I put eye drops in I can taste them. OK enough strangeness about me...
    Husband went and did laundry, sweet of him. Still have my bouts of coughing, so haven't gone to swim since my cold started. Ordered a swimming suit, hope it comes soon! It is chlorine resistant so that is good.

Great job everyone! Keep on keeping on!
    Becca

My eyes too were running as bad as my nose. I've long had problems with my eyes watering badly, people at work used to ask me why I was crying when is was sinus cold/allergy. I went to Walmart and got generic Claritan D, works wonders on my eyes. Feel better (((Hugs))).

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Sylvia - great job on the stain, and I love the bag. :)

Janetr okc
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just

Just popping in to say hi and wish everyone well.

ov55863qbgw2.jpeg