Do you get hit on?

Replies

• aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    I literally never get hit on, ever. I'm really shy and I think to most people that translates as being bitchy or stand offish. But I'm ok with it, being hit on is always awkward and uncomfortable anyway. ;)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    I always do, but men usually try to feel me out first by doing it subtly. However, they dont get very far because I let them know right off the bat I'm married (though they usually notice my ring seconds into the conversation).

Really? :shrug:
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    I honestly noticed it more when I was 400+ pounds, people would say "you're really handsome, you should lose some weight...". So I did and now I wonder if people are intimidated...
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    I honestly noticed it more when I was 400+ pounds, people would say "you're really handsome, you should lose some weight...". So I did and now I wonder if people are intimidated...

Nothing pissed me off more then that comment .... You are attractive just lose some weight... My response was go fist yourself :) im such a peach
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Jacwhite22 wrote: »
    I always do, but men usually try to feel me out first by doing it subtly. However, they dont get very far because I let them know right off the bat I'm married (though they usually notice my ring seconds into the conversation).

Really? :shrug:

I read that at first as "men usually try to feel me up " and thought whoa where do you live
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    aimelee wrote: »
    I literally never get hit on, ever. I'm really shy and I think to most people that translates as being bitchy or stand offish. But I'm ok with it, being hit on is always awkward and uncomfortable anyway. ;)

I think people see what the want to see. Some people want all the attention and assume they are always getting hit on even if someone is just being nice or something. Some people don't care for the attention and unconsciously ignore those minor advances. I say minor to because its hard to ignore major blatant advances.
  • msharrington315

Nothing pissed me off more then that comment .... You are attractive just lose some weight... My response was go fist yourself :) im such a peach

Yeah, but at the time it actually gave me some hope. I was feeling really bad about myself and was losing my will to live. But I get what you mean.
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    I just lost 10 minutes of my life reading all this crap. I'll never get that time back. What a freakin' space cadet. *smh*
  • lawandfitness
    JSurita3 wrote: »
    I just lost 10 minutes of my life reading all this crap. I'll never get that time back. What a freakin' space cadet. *smh*

OP or the rest of us :|
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member

Im right there with you!! Youre so good looking... EXCEPT. :|
  • lawandfitness

Yeah, but at the time it actually gave me some hope. I was feeling really bad about myself and was losing my will to live. But I get what you mean.

I get what you are saying as well... I just think that people could just say I think you are attractive, just not my type - straight and simple ... no need to point out my biggest flaw in the process of giving me a backhanded compliment
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    kchuskey wrote: »
    111grace wrote: »
    Dear God I want this world to be a safe place for children and woman.

B003ZHFTZG.jpg
  • JSurita3

The Grace chick that got on her soap box.
  • lawandfitness
    edited January 2016

Ohhh Grace.... well Grace needs a lot of things..... and let's be honest.... this thread is amusing
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member

It was worth the read. :p
  • msharrington315

I get what you are saying as well... I just think that people could just say I think you are attractive, just not my type - straight and simple ... no need to point out my biggest flaw in the process of giving me a backhanded compliment

I can see that now. My self-esteem was so low at the time I was use to people making comments. I even heard someone say "look at how fat he is..." as I was walking by one day. Or calling me "big guy" over and over at the gym. Anyways, all of that is over now. :)
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member

I actually never read the entire thing. I read pieces of it and the shear length of it made up mind that this lady was special.
  • JSurita3

Ohhh Grace.... well Grace needs a lot of things..... and let's be honest.... this thread is amusing

Yeah...I agree its a little amusing. It's a resurrected thread from a couple of years ago. Clearly I must be really bored at work. :p
  • lawandfitness

Yeah...I agree its a little amusing. It's a resurrected thread from a couple of years ago. Clearly I must be really bored at work. :p

You and I both hunny!!!!